PDA

View Full Version : recuiting

11-05-2002, 05:35 AM
who are some of the big players that are being recuited for next season?

tony
11-05-2002, 05:14 PM
There hasn't been any news yet and there won't be until the players themselves tell newspapers about it.

BisonInTexas
11-05-2002, 05:59 PM
Also, aren't there regulations which prohibit contact with recruits during specific periods in the year? Anyone know when contact (phone calls, letters, etc.) is allowed? I think it is different than when I was in college (i.e. more restrictive and a shorter time frame to recruit), but I may be wrong.

Craig

BisonWarrior
11-06-2002, 12:56 AM
This is maybe more than you want to know but here goes.
For Division I or Division II, an athlete can be contacted by letter after Sept 1st of their Jr. Year. * (Division I) July 1st after they have completed their Jr. year they can be contacted by phone or in person at certain times. *In Division 1-A 1 AA football, an institution's coaches may telephone you once during the month of May of your junior year in HS and then not again until Sept 1 of your senior year in HS. *Also, an institution's football coaches can telephone you as often as they wish during the period 48 hours before and 48 hours after 7 am on the initial signing date for the National letter of Intent and during a contact period. *Outside of a contact period, a football coach may only telephone you once per week. *The list of all recruiting rules, quiet, evaluation and dead periods is listed at www.ncaa.org

tony
11-06-2002, 04:21 PM
Thanks, BisonWarrior. I wouldn't want to be a NCAA compliance person.