PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone remember RG Ted Hall from 84-85 teams

tedh72
11-14-2002, 03:24 AM
Does anyone remember RG Ted Hall #72 from the 83-84 team or the 84-85 teams and if he was a good player? He was an All-american but I havent heard if he really was that good.

JBB
11-14-2002, 12:51 PM
He started in (1984) under coach Morton at guard with Mike Carmody and Phil Duginski at tackles; Rick Riemer at Left Guard and Greg Hagfor at center. Line coach Pat Simmers called them all standouts. NDSU lost the NC to Troy state on the last second field goal that many claim was kicked after the whistle.

In (1985)with Earl Solmonson at the helm Hall played with Mike Favor who replaced Hagfor at center and Tom Smith and Jeff Bawdon were the tackles. Hall was named to the 28 man all NCC team that year. The BISON also won the NC.

He was, as you say, an All American.

tony
11-14-2002, 03:24 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Never heard of him. Didn't he play for UND?

BisonInTexas
11-14-2002, 03:50 PM
I remember Ted from the '85 team, he was an All-American, and as JBB stated, all of the O-line were standouts. You can't run the veer at the level the Bison did in the 80's without top notch lineman.

Just wondering if tedh72 is actually Ted?

Craig

tony
11-14-2002, 05:13 PM
I saw the email name which is why I was being a funny guy - Hall or not, he was kidding around.

NDSU hasn't had that many first team All-Americans and the ones they did get were outstanding football players.

Late Addition:

Posts like the one about Fuchs, I figure are coming from a player he's coaching. *I was tempted to kid around there but decided not to because, although I try to avoid running into football players, I don't want to take a chance that my peaceful pint at a Fargo bar will be interrupted by my underwear suddenly being pulled over my head. I hate that.

That reminds me, I've had people who I figured were Bison players ask me about Casey Bradley and I pretty much made fun of him (said he was an average punter at best and acted surprised when they said he played on defense). I just want to go on record that that I thought they were talking about somebody else completely... yeah, that's the ticket.

BisonInTexas
11-14-2002, 07:25 PM
I hadn't thought that it was someone who was being coached by Fuchs or Hall - then again my brain is mush right now from working 16 hours a day trying to meet a ship date. As far as Bradley goes, I could tell a few stories about his playing days, but I will choose to leave those skeletons in the closet. ;D

Craig

tedh72
11-14-2002, 11:52 PM
this is his son and i was wondering if he was really as good as he claimed to be b/c i havent seen him on film.

JBB
11-15-2002, 03:31 AM
Your father, although not as well known as Bentrim and the others was part of a great line. It may have been the best veer line that ever was. He was a champion. I saw every home game he ever played. Mike Favor is the only man from that line I have ever met. I met him at a SCSU/BISON game.

tony
11-15-2002, 06:23 PM
If you want to play a joke on your dad, I could delete this whole thread. Then you could ask your question again and we* could all answer that we either don't remember him or that we we do remember him but that he was way overrated :)

Probably too late, I suppose.

*When I say "we", I mean everybody but me because of that whole underwear over the head thing.