PDA

View Full Version : Bisonville read regularly by McFeeley?

BisonInTexas
02-28-2003, 02:30 PM
From McFeeley's tongue-in-cheek column in the Forum today:

Not since Woodward and Bernstein brought down Richard Nixon’s presidency with their investigation of Watergate were so many brain cells burned trying to figure out the identity of a mystery man.

But Gene Taylor, the North Dakota State athletic director, has his version of Deep Throat, too. It was the never-to-be-identified candidate to be the new football coach, the one who so cunningly requested anonymity, the shadowy figure who had all of Bisonville a-titter with possibility.

Obviously, he's giving Bisonville.com some props, right? ;D

If not, Tony should sue for trademark infringement... ;D

Craig

BisonMav
02-28-2003, 02:50 PM
Ed Schultz. We knew he could coach, as his success in F-M Athletics and as offensive coordinator in the dearly departed Snow Bowl told us.

He led the University of North Dakota to a national championship, from the broadcast booth, two years ago.

Didn't Eddie also lead the Bison to several championships from the broadcast booth. I don't think Eddie could have kept it quiet if he was the mystery applicant.

tony
02-28-2003, 04:19 PM
McFeeley can read? (just joking) I thought that his column was pretty funny today. That whole bit on Eddie was really well done.

Anyhow, People used to refer to NDSU's athletic programs as Bisonville all the time (as in "big trouble Bisonville" or "much rejoicing in Bisonville)." I sure didn't come up with it.