PDA

View Full Version : Jim Burrows

NDSU_grad
03-07-2003, 03:18 PM
The Forum is reporting that Jim Burrows will interview for the Bison D-coordinator job. If he is hired, it will make sense since he has experience as a defensive backfield coach and that is also one of the positions needing to be filled with the departure of Rondeau. Killing two birds with one stone, so to speak.

Bison_Kent
03-08-2003, 12:39 AM
Burrows seems to be a good canidate from what was said about him at the Nebraska site. He was also a former Husker player so he knows how to win.

Bisonguy
03-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Just a quick correction before it spreads too far. It is Jim Burrow, not Jim Burrows that is applying at NDSU. Jim Burrows is also a football coach, but he lives in England, and it's that football game with the round ball that hockey is based upon(soccer).

Bison_Kent
03-10-2003, 11:57 PM
According to the Nebraska chat site (Husker Power Hour), Burrow has two offers. He has the NDSU opening and the Northern Iowa assistant head coach job. Sounds like he was a well liked coach by the players. He worked with Nebraska's secondary. Here is the Nebraska chat site:

http://www.huskerpowerhour.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hphtest&Number=14478&page= 0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=7&fpart=1

Bison_Kent
03-12-2003, 01:33 AM
Omaha newspaper article on Burrow:
http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_pg=528&u_xid=13&u_sid=677366

Bisonguy
03-12-2003, 04:48 AM
Hopefully, he makes his decision soon, it said Burrow would like to decide Monday.

Wow, possibly two former Nebraska coaches that have something to prove. Smells like a new attitude.

Schemer
03-12-2003, 07:39 PM
....smells a return to option football to me.....

runtheoption
03-12-2003, 08:59 PM
Posted by: Schemer Posted on: Today at 1:39pm
....smells a return to option football to me.....

;D ;D

Bisonguy
03-12-2003, 11:22 PM
I hate to burst any bubbles of the triumphant return of the veer or the appearance of any other option formation, but I believe Burrow would be on the defensive side of the ball. Add in the fact that Bohl already stated that his offense would resemble the Tennessee Titans, and the result is probably not the return of option football as we knew it.

Bison_Kent
03-13-2003, 03:39 AM
I don't really want to see the veer any more. Yes, it was an effective offense to run with the talent we recruited in the 70s, 80s and 90s but I don't think it is the way to go in I-AA. The think the Tennessee Titan style of offense will be the best. We can pound the ball and run some outside but on occasion go for the deep throw.

I am not real concerned about the offense. I think whoever Bohl gets will do well to see what talent he has and try to use this talent to the best of their abilities.

On the defensive side, I would like to see a more chance taking style of play. Sure, we will get burned some but will also create turnovers and sacks.