PDA

View Full Version : Eleventh Game

Bisonguy
03-21-2003, 04:41 AM
Does anybody think NDSU should try to schedule another home game with a GLIAC or Northeast-10 team, seeing as how Michigan Tech and U-Mass-Lowell have dropped their football programs this year? There's possibly 7 or 8 GLIAC teams that would have played Michigan Tech and 9 Northeast-10 teams that would have played U-Mass-Lowell this year. I think they should try to pick up one of the bottom-feeders so NDSU can have at least one last D2 blowout. ;D

BisonInTexas
03-21-2003, 02:49 PM
A game with Northern Michigan would be a good addition to the schedule. It would renew the series that ended in the 80's.

Craig

Bison_Kent
03-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have what would have been either Michigan Tech's or Mass-Lowell's schedule?

Our open dates are Sept. 20 and Nov. 15. These are the only two dates that I can see we could add a game.

I think another home game would be the best. In the future, we may not get more home games then road games.

I would pick the Nov. 15 date. It would be tough to have an open date before the playoffs (if we make it). Also, if we are on the playoff bubble, it would be good to have a win before the selection commitee makes their picks.

JBB
03-21-2003, 05:02 PM
I would pick the Sept. date so we could have that game while the team is gaining experience. *We could easily be 0-3 at that point in time because we are playing some very good teams. *Maybe we could get a win under our belt before starting the final year of NCC play?

I think the only way we make the playoffs is to win the NCC. We could be sitting 6-1 in the NCC with 2nd place locked but we could also be 6-4 or with the added game maybe 7-4 and might not even make the playoffs?

tony
03-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Yeah, 0 and 3 is a definite possibility unless the team comes together in a hurry. Tusculum is no pushover and UC Davis smacked the Bison last year - God knows what Montana would have done.

The GLIAC schedule isn't out yet but some of those teams play their entire schedule within their conference so they all might have an open date now.

Personally, I'd like to see a team that NDSU has never played before - Grand Valley State and Hillsdale would be the two teams, for example. Mass-Lowell's conference is non-scholarship but I wouldn't mind seeing the guys spank CW Post or Bentley.

Bison_Kent
03-21-2003, 06:05 PM
Here is the 2002 Michigan Tech schedule:
http://www.athletics.mtu.edu/MFB/MFBArchive/MFBScheduleArchive/mfootsched2002.html

It looks like they played Grand Valley in October. *If the conference keeps a similar schedule for this year, the two possibilities are Indianapolis or Northwood to meet NDSU's open dates.

The 2003 Mass-Lowell schedule was out. *Here was to be their schedule: http://www.goriverhawks.com/football/schedule.htm

It looks like the two open dates openings would be either Stonehill or Bryant. *

None of these teams are that inviting but it might put a win on the schedule. *

Bison_Kent
03-26-2003, 06:08 PM
I have gotten word that NDSU will have an eleventh game. *The opponent is not yet known nor is the date but it will another home game for sure. *It will be one of the two open dates. *I got this from an e-mail from Gene Taylor asking about an additional game. *

BisonMav
03-26-2003, 07:53 PM
It would be nice to get a I-AA team to come in and have a home and home series with over the next two years. Maybe one of the undecided BSC teams, or a Gateway team.

Bisonguy
03-26-2003, 09:48 PM
One more home game is great news! ;D Maybe the intense rivalry with Minnesota State- Moorhead will be renewed ;).

NDSU_grad
03-26-2003, 10:07 PM
Actually, scheduling a patsy like MSUM would not be a bad idea, and hey, with our offensive woes last year they may be able to hold us to under 70. ;)

Bisonguy
04-03-2003, 02:53 AM
It appears that Concordia- St. Paul has mysteriously shown up on the Bison Schedule. (http://www.gobison.com/mens/football/schedule/) ;D ;D An extra home game is always good. The Concordia St. Paul game will be on Nov. 15th, one of the previosly "open" dates on the schedule.

Bison_Kent
04-03-2003, 03:13 AM
That is the easier game we need to finish the season even though they finished at 9-2 last year. Hopefully at that time, we are on the verge of getting into the playoffs. If the playoffs are in the future, this game would be a good rest game to get everyone healthy for the playoffs. Plus, if we are just on the verge of the playoffs, it might proove that the NCC should get two teams and leave the NSIC shutout.

GFBisonFan
04-03-2003, 07:08 PM
That is the easier game we need to finish the season even though they finished at 9-2 last year. *Hopefully at that time, we are on the verge of getting into the playoffs. *If the playoffs are in the future, this game would be a good rest game to get everyone healthy for the playoffs. *Plus, if we are just on the verge of the playoffs, it might proove that the NCC should get two teams and leave the NSIC shutout. *

I agree, although the NSIC has put up a decent battle in the playoffs the last couple of years, the NCC is better top to bottom and normally deserves at least two teams in the playoffs. A late season game with a upper level NSIC team is a welcome addition.