PDA

View Full Version : The Forum Misc. Bison File

Bisonguy
04-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Two stories that were only in the print copy of The Forum today:

Bohl visits Sioux luncheon

It didn't take new North Dakota State head football coach Craig Bohl long to get reacquainted with the Bison-Sioux rivalry.
He made an impromptu appearance at a UND booster meeting Tuesday at the Kelly Inn in Fargo. Bohl was at the hotel to speak to another group when a Sioux backer recognized Bohl.
He accepted an invitation to make a brief speech, shook hands with several people and talked about the importance of the rivalry. It was well received.
"I tried to make some converts," Bohl said. "I don't know if I was successful."
Bohl said he wanted to meet UND head coach Dale Lennon, which he did. NDSU plays at UND next fall. "It was fun to see and experience the rivalry," Bohl said.
Bohl was an assistant coach at NDSU for one year in 1984.

DI move affects St. Cloud

NDSU's move to DI beginning in 2004-05 is affecting other schools' scheduling as well. St. Cloud State is playing just four home football games next year.
The Huskies will be on the road for seven, as a result of the movement in the NCC. UNC moves to DI this spring, one year after Morningside dropped down to the NAIA.
SDSU is also planning a DI move, making non-conference football opponents tough to come by.
The Huskies signed one-year contracts to play at Pittsburg State(Kan.) and Western Washington.
"With the uncertainty of where the league is going, it's hard for us to get more than one year contracts," St. Cloud State coach Randy Hedberg told the St. Cloud Times newspaper. "It's hard to do that without some idea of where things are going to in 2004 and beyond."

BisonInTexas
04-09-2003, 05:47 PM
Both of those are now online.

Sports forum: Bohl visits Sioux luncheon (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/cache/?id=31269)

NDSU's D-I move affects St. Cloud (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/cache/?id=31270)

Craig

Bisonguy
04-09-2003, 09:23 PM
They could have put it up earlier and saved testing my hand eye coordination. >:(