PDA

View Full Version : Student Seating

Bisonguy
05-12-2003, 01:37 AM
Is the student section even larger this year? I just checked the Fargodome seating chart, and the south endzone area looks even larger than it was last year. Fargodome Football Seating (http://www.gobison.com/ticketing/dome.html) Are they trying to get the students back into the south endzone? I enjoyed being in the south endzone as a student the first year of the dome. We were able to get loud as hell, the metal flooring helped generate a lot of noise, but you almost had to take some Dramamine to help out with the motion-sickness.

KTF
05-12-2003, 02:14 AM
Bisonguy,

I remember from the games I attended last year that there were some students in that section, never thought anything of it. I know that when I go to the games I like the sideline seating better (can get into the chants more :)) I however don't know if they are pushing the students over to the endzone. Think it would be a tough sell especially with the band. The most enjoyable spot was on the sidelines right before halftime, watching the players at eye level was something else!

KTF

Bisonguy
05-12-2003, 02:31 AM
KTF,

The student section was the majority of the south endzone the first year of the Fargodome, maybe it was even the whole endzone area. The flooring of that area is all metal, so if we stomped and jumped around it would make a lot of noise. I don't remember where the band was, as I usually would have a few cocktails to, ahem, warm up my vocal cords. ;D ;) A lot of the students I knew didn't like the move to the sidelines, mainly because the floor is concrete and harder to make noise. I think it was a safety issue, because the section would be swaying when everyone was stomping around.