PDA

View Full Version : Fan support

GoAgs
06-05-2003, 02:39 AM
With the move to I-AA how are you guys judging the increased crowd support. Obviously last year was a down season but will there be a full house (or close to one) for the big games this year?

The week after coming to Fargo, Davis is at Soutwest Texas. They really think that they are hot $hi#. They have a new coach who came in with some gimmick offense and refers to his special teams as "special forces."

Anyway, I'm wishing the Bison good luck next year in every game except one. Especially week one vs the Griz.

Bison_Kent
06-05-2003, 02:50 AM
Thanks GoAgs,

Actually, Montana is our 2nd game. We play Tusculum at home the Saturday before the Montana game. Hopefully, we will get a win to open the season before going to Missoula.

I would expect the FargoDome to be quite full for the UC-Davis game. I am planning on going to the game (I now live in Kansas) along with several other old college buddies. I am also going to the Montana game the week before so traveling will be quite a bit. I hope all the students get up for the game to show UC-Davis a good showing.

How is the road crowd for UC-Davis? Will we see many fans coming up for the game as well?

GoAgs
06-05-2003, 02:56 AM
The road crowd is usually pretty good. The band-uh goes everywhere as do many parents and a fair amount of "friends of the program." Not the same kind of friends that Florida State has but hey $500 bucks helps out too.

Bison_Kent
06-05-2003, 03:22 AM
GoAgs,

That is good. I hope we can show you guys a good game and a great crowd. The optimism is very high for this year's team. With a new head coach, new DI transfer quarterback, and a new transfer wide receiver, I can see why we are all optimistic. Hopefully, we can make the playoffs one last time in DII before we go.

mojobison
06-05-2003, 04:15 AM
NDSU was second in Division II with 10,620 so it wasn't down too much. If the Bison start winning next year, they'll probably get up to around 11,500. 2004 is the key year. It would be great if NDSU could average 15K a game.

Bisonguy
06-05-2003, 05:48 AM
If the spring game is any indicator, NDSU should average about 40,000/ game. ;D If Bohl puts a competitive team on the field, NDSU should average over 12,000 without the NDSU/UND game in Fargo this year.