PDA

View Full Version : ND HIgh School Defensive Backs

NDSBISON04
07-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Which Defensive Backs from the State of North Dakota was NDSU looking at?? If anybody here is interested in high school football in ND, which players at defensive back shined?? Typically how big would u have to be to play d-back at NDSU?? I know Scottie Walter was 160 lbs. Would a 160 lb. d-back in high school be too small to play at NDSU?? Answer these questions to the best ability.

NDSBISON04
07-07-2003, 05:14 PM
Do u think NDSU offered any North Dakota athlete to play defensive back??

BisonMav
07-07-2003, 06:24 PM
Posted by: NDSBISON04 Posted on: Jul 2nd, 2003, 1:48pm
Which Defensive Backs from the State of North Dakota was NDSU looking at?? If anybody here is interested in high school football in ND, which players at defensive back shined?? Typically how big would u have to be to play d-back at NDSU?? I know Scottie Walter was 160 lbs. Would a 160 lb. d-back in high school be too small to play at NDSU?? Answer these questions to the best ability.

The D-Backs they signed below are all bigger, and I do realize size doesn't always matter. Dahl was also a QB in high school. Majeski was a RB and kick returner. I live in Minnesota, so I am not very familiar with North Dakota high school players.

Joe Bowen CB 5-10 185 Eagan, MN Eastview
Craig Dahl S 6-3 206 Madison Lake, MN Mankato East
John Majeski S 6-0 180 Hastings, MN Hastings
David Earl QB/DB 6-0 180 Milwaukee, WI North Division
Walt Gilbert CB 5-11 170 Milwaukee, WI Vincent

NDSBISON04
07-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Craig Dahl and John Majeski were both First Team All-staters at their respective positions. Minnesota is not an easy state be an all-state pick. They should have good careers. I guess I was looking at the Fargo Forum All-Star team and was wondering if they were looking at any of those players who made the list.