PDA

View Full Version : Don't let UND Football Smack go on other boards

WYOBISONMAN
07-28-2003, 05:19 PM
I would like to suggest to all Bison fans that we not respond to any "UND Smack" on any other teams board. The trash talk that the SUCK started on the Egriz board should be ignored. Let's show them we have more class than the UND fans.

BisonInTexas
07-28-2003, 09:34 PM
I agree. Take the high road and let Griz (or other teams) draw their own conclusions on Sioux fans posting on their site. It is a pretty classless thing to do and it will be apparent to most of the users on the board. Responding to the trash talk only brings Bison fans down to that level.

Craig

JBB
07-29-2003, 01:00 AM
I'm with you guys I apologized for them now Im done. There is really no reason to be preoccupied with their affairs. They are no longer really our affairs.

SDSUFAN
07-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Not being a Bison fan, maybe I should have kept my comments to myself, but after reading Bob Holiday's comments twice on Bison-Insider, I tend to agree with his observations about Montana and Missoula. *I personally enjoyed my two visits to Missoula, and granted they have added a bunch of new seating. Still even with refurbishing of Adams, the quonset building, they are not on a D1A level. *Some of their fans I feel get a little arrogant. Not all, but some. *You have to admit they look down at the Dakota schools and thats what does bother me and apparently bothers Bob Holiday. *I hope the Presidents and Adminstrators in the Big Sky have a more mature and more thoughtful preception of the NDSU and SDSU than some of the Griz fans.
The UND Guy is just the catalyst and yes he needs to be ignored. Personally, I like to lurk at Egriz but not post because some of the Egriz people have SiouxSports.com fever in that they are above any kind of critical comments. *You can say nice things about their school and thats not good enough, so why get in a p**s fight with a skunk.

FLGriz
07-29-2003, 02:29 PM
I would like to thank all the NDSU fans for not posting anything between yourselves and UND on EGRIZ. As for SDSU fan we griz fans could care less what you think of Missoula, the Griz, or anything else for that matter. See UND and SDSU have no business on Egriz at is all because you are not on our schedule. If you believe we have a superior attitude toward you well maybe you are right but what the hell you going to do about it. I wish the Griz played NDSU, UND, and SDSU just to shut guys like SDSUfan up but we have a problem there. NDSU is the only team of the three with the balls enough to move up and take on some real challenges like Montana and Georgia Southern. In my book this gives NDSU the right to talk a little trash if they want even though Holiday's article was ridiclous. But for the rest of you to even comment on The Griz and our superior attitude is stupid cause you don't even want to try coming to Washington Grizzly Stadium. NDSU is doing that ans has shown a lot more class then the two others. I now have a lot of respect for NDSU and I think they'll do fine in 1-AA after a few years but as for you two other bottom feeders just shut the hell up and go back to the Pop Warner league were you belong.

SDSUFAN
07-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Fl Griz
You sure do prove my points about" someGriz Fans" note I said "Some Griz fans"- ARROGANCE WITH A CAPITAL A. Thanks you very much for your arrangant response. And by the way, who are you to tell me to shut up on a Bison board?

FLGriz
07-29-2003, 06:32 PM
Well, SDSU fan I'm a very ardinate supporter of one of the best 1-AA programs in the Nation and you are right "SOME" of us Griz fans are like this and if SDSU ever has any balls like NDSU does you'll see about 23,000 of us. Plus, SDSU fan it isn't bragging when our team and school can back up everything we say year in and year out. So, what do they bragg about in SDSU cause man I never even heard of SDSU until you came on EGRIZ spouting your stuff. Hey, here is a rule of thumb for all UND and SDSU fans if you are not schduled to play the Griz and are not moving to 1-AA like real men then you should avoid talking about the Griz cause you are not even good enough to clean the restrooms at Washington Grizzly Stadium or NDSU for that matter.

I want to apoligize to all the NDSU fans for using this board to respond to this moron but I can't let him go unchecked. I hope you undertsand and I can't wait for the game.

griz2thecore
07-29-2003, 08:09 PM
We are all very passionate about our teams. Through thick and thin, sucky seasons and NC's, we love em either way. Isn't that what it's all about? How much fun would it be if everyone was a sellout to the team of the hour? Now before this turns into a "can't we all get along" post. Let me say that I love the Griz, and think that everyone else sucks. Is it true? Well no, but I hope ya'll fell the same way about your own team. We all have yahoos that go and ruin it for the whole bunch but dangit if we let that be our only opinion of the program. So make whatever decision you want about the Griz and my arrogant friends. We may say something that pisses you off everyonce in a while, and Lord knows we will make fun of you. But it's all in fun. And you can know that when we meet face to face we will shake your hand, buy you a beer,then kick your ass. Opps, I meant show you a good time.
If you have been lurking at egriz, just drop us a line. Remember we are your friends. ;) See you in September!

JahGriz
07-29-2003, 08:18 PM
Wow, getting heated in here. *Somebody, quick, grab me a cold beer.

Just a couple questions.....

Anybody have an idea of how many fans will make the trek to Missoula this year?

What type of offence/defence do the Bison run? *And who will your stand out players be?

and comments.....

Those comming to the game should definately make it early to take in the tailgating. *It is a zoo, no doubt about it, but you'll have a good time at our little "godforesaken" mini bowl. *::) .

One more, not to beat a dead horse, and not that I really care what anyone thinks about our town or "quansit" or stadium, but I think those coming over will get a whole new appreciation for how cool the stadium is. *It ain't the best stadium in 1-AA, untill you see it on game day. *

The rest of this is for Bob; a quote from Tony Moss, Executive Director of I-AA Football...just so you don't get the wrong idea about our stadium and think it isn't worth coming to the game.
"The University of Montana Grizzlies, as most I-AA fans are aware, have been the Big Sky’s showcase program for the past decade. The packed houses at gorgeous and ever-expanding Washington-Grizzly Stadium have witnessed 10 straight playoff appearances, two national titles, a Walter Payton Award winner in Dave Dickenson and two head coaches that have gone on to take I-A jobs."

And if that isn't enough..we've got atmosphere..and Tony don't lie.
"BEST ATMOSPHERE Montana. There are 20,000 people at beautiful Washington-Grizzly Stadium on fall Saturdays. They get to their seats by kickoff. They're loud even if the weather sucks. They talk about Griz football on TV, in the newspaper, and in the bars, and they talk about them at length. It's a statewide phenomenon, and a home football weekend in Missoula should be experienced by anyone claiming to be a college football fan. I'll certainly be back in 2002."

This was written at the end of the football year 2001. *So if you don't like the boastfull, cocky, arrogant Griz fans, and won't take their word for it. *Talk to Tony.

mojobison
07-29-2003, 08:43 PM
I'm jealous of Washington-Grizzly myself. It looks fantastic and it's packed on gameday.

Don't know how many Bison fans will make the trip. Plenty of ex-North Dakotans in Montana though.

The offense is supposed to be wide open. The defense is going to be a 4-3 but only if four linemen show up this fall.

BisonMav
07-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Sounds like Wash-Griz is a mini version of Lambeau Field. I also referred old Dakotah Field as a mini Lambeau. Great Fans and Great Football. Lambeau had all aluminum benches, no chair backed seats thru last year. Not sure what was added this year. I will find out in November. Won't make the Griz trip this year, but if the series continues, I hope to make it there in the future. The Bison Offense will be similar to the one you see at Lambeau, West Coast Offense. Great possibilities this year with a DI transfer QB and speedy receivers, and great backs.

WYOBISONMAN
07-29-2003, 09:01 PM
I am still waiting to see if the ticket office in Missoula goofs up my order....hopefully I will get my tickets and be up for the party.

Bison_Kent
07-29-2003, 10:20 PM
WYOBISONMAN,

So am I. I was told that the visitor's section will be in the south endzone in Washington-Grizzly Stadium. Are you planning on going to the Alumni gathering Saturday morning at the Rocky Mt. Elks? My wife and I are, as is another old college buddy. I was planning on going to that and then tailgate a little bit before the game.

JahGriz
07-30-2003, 12:13 AM
BisonKent sure picked a funny time to post that last message. *Hmmm. *
Anyway, I just took a virtual tour of the fargo dome. *Pretty cool, even though seeing a football field in the middle of everything looks very strange. *I can't get over thinking that everyone in the stands is watching basketball or hockey or something, and then the football field just jumps out at ya.
Which leads me to my actual question. *What sport gets the most turnout.. I assume football, but what about hockey in that big old dome.
Oh ya, will I be able to spot any of you fans in that virtual tour. *It is the one on gobison.com.

Jesus fellas, I just noticed the other facilities; the fieldhouse and the sports arenas and the baseball field. How much $$$ are you guys packin.

SDSUFAN
07-30-2003, 12:16 AM
Well, SDSU fan I'm a very ardinate supporter of one of the best 1-AA programs in the Nation and you are right "SOME" of us Griz fans are like this and if SDSU ever has any balls like NDSU does you'll see about 23,000 of us. Plus, SDSU fan it isn't bragging when our team and school can back up everything we say year in and year out. So, what do they bragg about in SDSU cause man I never even heard of SDSU until you came on EGRIZ spouting your stuff. Hey, here is a rule of thumb for all UND and SDSU fans if you are not schduled to play the Griz and are not moving to 1-AA like real men then you should avoid talking about the Griz cause you are not even good enough to clean the restrooms at Washington Grizzly Stadium or NDSU for that matter.

I want to apoligize to all the NDSU fans for using this board to respond to this moron but I can't let him go unchecked. I hope you undertsand and I can't wait for the game.

Moron? It takes one to know one. You dont know nothing about who is moving up to D1AA. SDSU has plans of moving, its a matter of when so its not as your peanut brain assumes, namely SDSU will be D2 for ever.

We gave the Griz a game in both 1988 and 1993 with 36 scholarships so with 63 it could be better. So moron tell me what you know about NCC. You dont know sh*t.

SDSUFAN
07-30-2003, 12:37 AM
I too want to apologzie to the Bison fans, but this moron from Montana assumes SDSU planning on being *D2 forever. You Bison fans know better. Why would SDSU and NDSU apply for membership in the BIG Sky at the same time? We both had the Carr study and a marketing study. NDSU has got maybe a little bit of a jump start on us, but SDSU will be there begging for a Grizz game in the near future.

I bet this moron in Florida has no knowledge of that. *May he should be the one cleaning the restrooms at Washington Grizz staduim as maybe that all he is qualified to do. I would not be surprised if that was his work study program once upon a time while attending and playing football for the Griz.

Or did he have a rich uncle in florida that found him restrooms down there to clean?

I met a number of Griz fans when I was in Missoula and in 1988 and 1993, and yes they were proud of their team just as many are now, but when you start to *talk down to people and call others moron, then I question that individuals intelligence too.

To classy Grizz fans I wish you good luck this seaon.
The guy in Florida is not included.

Bisonguy
07-30-2003, 01:46 AM
JahGriz,

NDSU doesn't have a hockey team, so football obviously has the highest turnout at the Fargodome. NDSU has averaged over 12,500 a game over the ten years the Bison have been playing there. It can be used for basketball, and probably would if there would be enough of a turnout. NDSU's athletic budget is currently $5.1M, but it will need to be raised to compete at the DI level.

Tuk
07-30-2003, 07:07 AM
This string is quite the hotbed of conversation.

To the Grizzly fans reading this:
I will be attending the game in September.
The Washington Grizzly Stadium I am sure is in its own category when it comes to DIAA fields. *God knows the open air stadiums offer the best home field advantage to the home teams.....and makes the game more of a religious experience than a sporting event.
I think we all will get to respect one another once the Bison get their bearings straight in the DIAA, and when we beat you for the first time the drinks will be on me. ;)
I have to check yet, but does MONTANA STATE require their students to wear turtlenecks and berets like UND?
To everyone on the board:
NDSU does not have hockey, and frankly I hope it never does. *I get sick enough of UND fans bragging about their football championship two years ago and trying to defend their football program by saying, "Well, we won 'X' amount of hockey championships!" *As if I cared in the first place, but if we started playing hockey and beat them senseless all the time (which we would), I think UND would have a sharp rise in their suicide and manic depression rates.
I think we can all agree on this one thing: *WHETHER THE TEAM IS MONTANA STATE, USD, OR IN MY PARTICULAR OPINION UND, WE KNOW WHO THE REAL ENEMY IS AND WHO ARE THE REAL LOSERS/MORONS IN COLLIGIATE FOOTBALL.

FLGriz
07-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Well, SDSU I know that you trying to compare your team and school to UM and the Griz would be like comparing appels to oranges. Dy the way you gave us a good game a freakin decade ago is that your claim to fame. If I rember the 1993 game Dave Dickenson came in in the second half a destryed your punk asses it was a great day. He was coming off the bench and you know what that is the day the Griz dominace and arrogant attutude truly began so you can at least say SDSU is a part of some history all be it because they blow a lead and got their ass kick by Dickenson and the Griz.

As for the news that SDSU is moving to 1-AA you right I didn't know but I don't give a rats ass either. All I can say is if SDSU ever comes to the current version Washington Grizzly Statdium you'll see why we are arrogant about that. If SDSU moves to 1-AA as you say I hope they put you in the Big Sky just so the Griz can show you who really is the best every year. That way you won't be bragging about a couple games you were close in 10 and 14 years ago.

89rabbit
07-30-2003, 03:41 PM
FLGRIZ,

That is the whole point, there is a good reason to compare ourselves to you (and any other I AA program) we are coming up. *There is a chance we will be in the same conf. * Even if we are not we will be playing each other (wouldn't it be nice for you not to travel across half the country just to get a game) in the future. *

Now as to our claim to fame. . . I will give you your due and say you are a strong program. *However many teams from our conf. the NCC with its 36 scholarships have given you good games (see last year Northern Colorado for the most recent example). *That is not bragging so much as a warning. *Once SDSU and NDSU have a few years under their belts at the next level we will be giving you all you want and more (Just *a little clue for you NDSU is a football power and SDSU is a basketball power). *At that point you may start to give a rats . . .about us and what we do. *I know you are up for the challenge. *I also know that we are too!

Go State!

89rabbit
07-30-2003, 04:02 PM
This string is quite the hotbed of conversation.

I think we can all agree on this one thing: *WHETHER THE TEAM IS MONTANA STATE, USD, OR IN MY PARTICULAR OPINION UND, WE KNOW WHO THE REAL ENEMY IS AND WHO ARE THE REAL LOSERS/MORONS IN COLLIGIATE FOOTBALL.

Amen to that brother ;D

JahGriz
07-30-2003, 04:07 PM
Turtle necks and beret's huh. Are you serious. That is funny if true. No offence to UND, since I have no oppinion on them...and I wouldn't be surprised if MSU has some weak little cheese thing like that.

I'm going to stay out of the frey in this thread, but I do think that NDSU and one other Dakota school would be a nice fit in the Big Sky. It may take a few years to become competative. But if you guys avg. 12k per home game and have the funding you will should come into your own in 1AA. Plus, from what I've seen, you do have some nice facilities, which should help draw some nice recruits.

Anyway, I hope to see you in the big sky some day, and become competative. I'll be keeping tabs on ya'll this year.

89rabbit
07-30-2003, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the warm thoughts JahGriz. Stop back anytime. :)

Texas_Jacks_Fan
07-30-2003, 04:52 PM
JahGriz,
Welcome aboard, I knew most of the Griz fans had class. I hope were in your conference too in the not so distant future. Regards....
Texas Jacks Fan