PDA

View Full Version : Bison vs Tusculum Predictions?

BisonMav
08-29-2003, 02:56 AM
Tony Stauss begins his Bison Career with a Bang. :)

Bison 35
Tusculum 24

MN_BISONS
08-29-2003, 03:22 AM
Bison 45
Tusculum 27

Bison D scores 1 TD

89rabbit
08-29-2003, 04:25 AM
NDSU 35
Tusculum 7

Good Luck Bison

Bisonguy
08-29-2003, 04:39 AM
The Mighty Bison of NDSU-38

Tusculum -24

MNBison,

I'll match your Defensive touchdown and raise you a Special Forces TD by Allen Burrell.

Bison_Kent
08-29-2003, 02:05 PM
I think it will be acutally a close game. It should be pretty high scoring but the FargoDome advantage will lead the Bison to the victory. NDSU 38 Tusculum 31

JBB
08-29-2003, 02:28 PM
The drama is building for this game. The Pioneers may be more of a challenge than I originally thought, but Im still hoping that NDSU will eventually pull away in this one. Lets hope so.

"Moma packed 3 ham sandwiches for me and sent me on my way

Im going to see the sights and all the bright lights".. then Im going to watch the game.
Commander Cody and The Lost Planet Airmen

Bisonguy
08-29-2003, 04:58 PM
WDAY had interviews with two of the Tusculum players this week (I think it was from their local TV station).

They sure are confident. One of them stated they were looking beyond the SAC championship, and the only way they could lose is if they beat themselves. ::)

On a slightly different note- Derek Hanson, former WDAY-AM sports personality, now KFGO-AM sports director and UND mouthpiece, interviewed the Tusculum coach. He asked if there was anything different they were preparing for to play in front of 8,000, or maybe even 10,000 fans. I tried to call in and tell him that NDSU has averaged a lot more than that for season openers, but I couldn't get on. Anyhow, the Tusculum coach said a crowd of 5,000 is probably the largest they have played in front of, so make some noise and let's get the Fargodome rockin'!!!!!

MN_BISONS
08-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Bisonguy,

I'll call your Special Forces TD by Allen Burrell and raise you a 300 yard passing game for Mr. Stauss.

tony
08-29-2003, 05:07 PM
Yeah, I saw the interviews too. Win or lose, I hope that Tusculum players will go back to the SAC and say good things about playing in front of a big crowd and in the dome.

I don't make predictions (superstition). I'd be pleasantly surprised if NDSU's offense started clicking right away but that seems to be a lot to ask of them. Tusculum's strength on offense seems to be aimed directly at the thinnest part of our defense too. Hopefully, they're a little rusty at first too.

Tuk
08-29-2003, 06:02 PM
Well, I am not able to attend the game :-[, but here is my prediction:

Thundering Herd--142
Tusculum----------- 3

I think the Bison will get bored midgame and Bohl will get a wild hair and call for Fargo North football team to finish the 4th quarter....Tusculum will get 3 points at the end of the game when Fargo North gets tired at the 4-second mark of the game and just decide to let Tusculum run the ball into the endzone, but Tusculum will decide that since it is 4th and 20 they must follow the guidelines in Football Tactics for Dummies and make the fieldgoal attempt.
In the end, UND gets jealous of the score and decides to invite the Grenora (ND) Gopher 8-man team to Grand Forks to try a similar game, only to be beat by the Gophers....20-0. Another defeat at the hands of the Gophers.....

Seriously tho, I think it will be a close game.....probably 21-10.....I think the crowd will foul up the Tusculum gameplay.....THE MARCH IS ON!!!!

Bisonguy
08-29-2003, 06:51 PM
The Tusculum head coach, Frankie DeBusk, was named to America Football Monthly's annual hot list- only one of ten DII coaches

LINK (http://www.americanfootballmonthly.com/Arena/pr/030826.html)

Bisonguy
08-30-2003, 12:35 AM
Update-

Fox News reported that the Tusculum plane departed or arrived late (?) and are a few hours off their itinerary.

BisonMav
08-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Thank God it's Game Day.

I will add to my prediction and say it will be a great football game. All Bison football games are great!

Let's Rock the Dome.

tony
08-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Here's a story about Tusculum - they got to Fargo OK.

Pioneers Make Unscheduled Stop (http://www.greene.xtn.net/index.php?table=news&template=news.view.subscriber &newsid=103257)