PDA

View Full Version : Good First Half for the Bison against TC

Bison_Kent
08-31-2003, 02:17 AM
14-0 at halftime. The offense is a bit up and down but the defense has been solid other then one drive for the Pioneers. Two TDs by Malone. There were some bad special teams play by the Pioneers as well, missing a FG and two short punts that led to the two Bison TDs.

Bison_Kent
08-31-2003, 03:46 AM
BISON WIN!!!!!!!!! BISON WIN!!!!!!!!

I have to say that the boys played very well. NDSU 28 Tusculum 7. Very impressive!!!!!

Bisonguy
08-31-2003, 04:13 AM
Post game impressions-

This team is for real

Very disciplined and they just shoved their gameplan down Tusculum's throat. The interception that was fumbled should have been a TD. There also were a couple bad calls-

1)One Bison reception was ruled incomplete, but you could clearly see that it was a reception on the video boards.

2)One Pioneer reception should have been ruled incomplete- I could see at the other end of the field that it bounced off the turf about a yard in front of the receiver. Video Boards confirmed this.

3)One Pioneer punt return the return guy put his hands on the turf, but never touched a knee. He was ruled as down and then spiked the ball down. It should have been a fumble.

Anyhow, great effort by the players. Special forces were very good.

A great start to the New Era of Bison Football!!!!!!

Bisonguy
08-31-2003, 05:01 AM
Oh yeah,

They turn the lights off when the team comes on the field and have spotlights on them.

Fireworks are set off near the roof over the 50 after a TD.

Better atmosphere on the part of the Fargodome, but the fans still need to step it up. They were better than past years, but a lot of improvement is needed. Hopefully a couple more wins, the lack of a holiday weekend, and the conference schedule will get more people out.

Bisonguy
08-31-2003, 05:05 AM
One last thing- the new yardage scoreboards can in handy tonight again. Tusculum finished with negative four yards rushing. I always hated it when they would say zero rushing yards in previous years.