PDA

View Full Version : Bison Vs. Tusculum

Bisonguy
08-25-2003, 11:31 PM
Here's the breakdown on the game- LINK (http://gobison.jumpinteractive.com/news/index.cgi?id=600)

Simmers seems to be missing from the FB spot ???, with O'Leary and Frank on the two-deep.

tony
08-26-2003, 12:04 AM
According to the recent Forum article he and Frank were in a battle for the starting sport last spring. If Simmers isn't injured, it means that Darrin O'Leary has been impressing the coaches at FB. That'd be a good thing for the team. Having three starting-quality fullbacks sure isn't a bad thing.

BTW, I see that Tusculum, with their four-receiver sets, has eight different wide-receivers on their two-deep roster! Their offense should present a good challenge for NDSU's defense. Maybe it'll be a good prep for UC Davis's and Montana's pass happy offenses.

Bisonguy
08-26-2003, 12:25 AM
via various 6 o'clock newscasts:

Simmers will be sitting out one week for disciplinary reasons. Malone will get the starting nod at RB, with Steffes sharing time.

Bisonguy
08-26-2003, 04:37 AM
Okay, I'm looking at last year's NDSU's numbers vs. Tusculum's. Tusculum's look a little better until I see this:
Penalties- Yards
NDSU 56-486
Tusculum 117-1083

They nearly average 100 yards in penalties!!!!

This is their first indoor game, so let's give them a LOUD Fargodome Welcome, and get a couple extra 5 yarders out of them!!!!!

bisononce
08-26-2003, 06:05 AM
Is this one of those chippy, out of control Southern teams we occasionally see...or do we have here a coach who wants his team to play on the edge?

JBB
08-26-2003, 01:04 PM
both TAMUK and UNC used to field teams like that.

SDbison
08-26-2003, 10:33 PM
My wife and I are driving up for the Tusculum game from Sioux Falls. Any thoughts or comments on the following:
1) How did the Bison do for season ticket sales so far this year and how many are expected to attend the Tusculum game?
2) Do any of you who post at this site plan to tailgate in the Bison Fest area?
3) Will the "Code Green" towels only be available at the game or does Scheels have them?
4) How do people in the Fargo-Moorhead area generally feel about the Bison this year? Are they positive about a winning season? Cautious and thinking a .500 season would be good? Just don't know or care?
5) Barring further injuries and total lack of execution is there any reason NDSU should lose to Tusculum?
6) My prediction: NDSU 35, Tusculum 13
7) My challenge to all who read this post......make some noise on Saturday. Talk to others before and during the game to get off their butts and cheer, not just during the big plays, but all the time. Lets bring the spirit back into Bison Pride!
NOTE: I just had knee surgery yesterday, plan to travel 250 miles on Saturday, tailgate before the game and cheer the bison on to victory. Go Bison!

Bisonguy
08-26-2003, 11:17 PM
My opinions:

1)I asked the ticket office when I selected my new seats, they said season tickets weren't up a lot, but Team Makers memberships were. I'm guessing there are a lot of fence sitters that will get GA seats to get a feel for how the season will be. I don't see any reason why there won't be at least 12,000 on hand, if not more.

2) I will probably be at the Tailgate area or BW3.

3)You can also get the "Code Green" towels at the Bison ticket office located at the south end of the Bison Sports Arena between the hours of 8 and 5, Monday through Friday. I called them and they said if they didn't have any, they could get them quick (I'm guessing they store them in the BSA) A phone call to Scheel's revealed that they are not carrying them.(The kid I talked to said they didn't and he supposedly checked, but good help is hard to find these days.)

4) I think most people are optimistic, if not curious about the Bison, as witnessed by the very large turnout at the Spring Game. I think most people want to see the Mighty Bison make some waves in the last year of DII, but a solid season that builds a good foundation for a DI program would be acceptable. I think they should finish above .500 at least.

5)No- but Tusculum brings a solid veteran team with an explosive offense that likes to air it out, and apparently, an aggressive defense. It should either a close Bison victory, or one of those season openers against a supposedly good team from another region (ala Angelo St. in 2001).

6)My prediction- Mighty Bison- 38 *Tusculum-20, but I wouldn't be suprised by a Bison 52, Tusculum 10 score.

7)I will yell and cheer my arse off. I'm in a new section this year, and hopefully they make more noise. I will encourage those that are quiet to cheer on the Mighty Bison.

GO BISON!

SDbison
08-27-2003, 01:12 AM
Thanks for your comments Bisonguy. I bought season tickets and became a Team Maker for the first time this year. I went for the seats closest to mid-field at the booster level and I will be in seats 17 and 18 of row BB in section 32. Hope to find some noisy fans up there. If not, they will either be pissed off or join me. Hope you are able to make some noise in your section. So you think only about 12,000 in attendance for Tusculum. I was hoping for more like 14,000 or 15,000 to give those southern boys a good old yankee welcome. Maybe there will be 15,000 or more for the Cal-Davis game. I suppose if we give Montana a close game that is possible and if the Bison were to beat Montana even 16,000 to 17,000. I still think not enough is done to market the team and fill the dome. Not that the new commercial and advertising are not great. More promotions need to be offered until the success of the team alone packs the dome.
I assume the "code green" towels will be available at the dome on Saturday. Can't wait to see Stauss in action. I can see it now......Stauss connects with Burrell on a deep pattern.....Burrell strides away from the defenders and into the end zone! Quick pass to Johnson on the fly for 20 yards. Belquist with an athletic catch for six more!

Bisonguy
08-27-2003, 02:17 AM
SDBison,

There is a good possibility of 14,000 or 15,000. It has happened at recent home openers before.

I was in section 31 for the last couple of years. There were a few people in section 32 that could get loud.

Anybody know what section 21 is like????

BisonMav
08-29-2003, 01:47 PM
I hope the 14,000 to 15,000 cheer like Bison fans.

Don't sit on your hands like they do in Grand Forks.

BisonMav
09-01-2003, 08:12 PM
Posted by: Bisonguy Posted on: Aug 25th, 2003, 10:37pm
Okay, I'm looking at last year's NDSU's numbers vs. Tusculum's. Tusculum's look a little better until I see this:
Penalties- Yards
NDSU 56-486
Tusculum 117-1083
They nearly average 100 yards in penalties!!!!

This is their first indoor game, so let's give them a LOUD Fargodome Welcome, and get a couple extra 5 yarders out of them!!!!!

The Student section was able to get a few 5 yarders.

Bisonguy
09-01-2003, 08:17 PM
And a couple bad punts ;D ;D