PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Bison Vs. The Mighty Griz

Bisonguy
09-01-2003, 06:03 PM
Okay, it's officially game week, and the Griz fans think we're scared. What are the thoughts on the game?

I think that if the Bison can stop the Griz rushing, like they did vs. Tusculum, or how Maine stopped the Griz rushing attack, NDSU will stand a chance. It's a lot easier to control a one dimensional team.

The Bison defense is going to work on ball control this week. They had two other INT's last week, but went through their hands. If the Bison are able to get more turnovers, it definitely will help.

Most experts agree that the most improvement comes between week 1 and week 2, so it is pretty hard to get an accurate analysis of what will happen on the field. Both teams obviously need improvement, and will improve on the offensive side of the ball.

Two completely new offenses, two completely new defenses. Too many unknowns.

Bison- 21 Griz-20
Bison win with a punt return in the latter part of the fourth. Griz drive down the field for the win, but shank the field goal, possibly a Bison put a hand on it.

(Note- this is a guess, and only a guess. If another thread starts up, my prediction is subject to change. Any similarities between my score and any real score is strictly coincidental.)

Bison_Kent
09-01-2003, 06:12 PM
I am getting ready to go to Montana. My flight leaves at 6:30 tonight. I am not sure the Bison can keep up with Montana but it will most likely be closer then the Griz fans are saying. I say that Montana will win but by just two touchdowns. Maybe 38-24.

I hope I am wrong but I am a realist as well. They have more talent then we do.

Ronbo
09-01-2003, 06:16 PM
OK Bison Guy,

I love the way you covered your a$$ there at the end. LOL

Ronbo
09-01-2003, 08:14 PM
Don't get mad all you great Bison Fans if you mosey over to the Griz boards this week. You will see some pretty big blowout predictions.

Call it arrogance, yes it is with some, call it over confidence, yes that's more what it would be. We are pretty used to kicking some butt on Div. II or lower 1AA teams like Cal Poly and St. Marys.

So if your Bison come in and hold us to a 14-17 point win you will have had a measure of success because it will shock many Griz fans and they will be questioning how well coached our team is. And they will respect your program much more.

GoAgs
09-01-2003, 08:23 PM
Big week for the Bison. I for one, don't think you guys will be blown out. The Griz have a great program but by the way they talk it sounds like you are playing Nebraska. Disney will be making only his second start and I doubt that Maine is much more athletic on defense than NDSU. Montana has a great home field advantage but I think you will play them tough.

*All the posters that are predicting 54-6 were the same guys that said they would blow out MSU last season. Their message board folk are no less clueless than anyone else's (besides Grand Valley State's who take the cake).

JBB
09-01-2003, 08:35 PM
It really wasnt a great game for the Griz at Maine. they only won the game because of Maine errors. A fumble returned for a TD and a returned Kick off for a TD.. Disney wasnt all that hot. He didnt have the day Stauss had. Stauss was playing TC, thats true, but if the Griz are all they say they are they should look great whenever they play.

I really havent thought this one through yet, but one thing certainly stick out in my mind. Montana was rated #2 in the country behind Grambling. Ceretainly they are better than Grambling/ It's obvious that they were held at the #2 position because they had NDSU on the schedule. Once that question is answered the pollsters will move them up with a win and down with a loss. NDSU is certainly capable of pulling the upset here. I havent devined if they will or not. I hope my vision comes early in the week. the more they boast the better off we are.

Grizomatic
09-02-2003, 12:06 AM
... I doubt that Maine is much more athletic on defense than NDSU.

As I've said on the egriz board, I have alot of respect for the Bison football program, and it's fans...but the above doubt posted by GoAgs is almost too much to bear (no pun intended).

The Griz have seen the "Black Hole" defense of Maine...it wasn't pretty, and they gave us way more than we wanted. If NDSU's defense is even close to Maine's defense, you guys have a lot better chance than some give you credit for.

I can't say it will be a blowout, but I will say the Griz will win. Good luck, and we'll see ya' Saturday.