PDA

View Full Version : Check out the Smack section on Egriz...

WYOBISONMAN
09-02-2003, 04:55 PM
Let's give these guys some shit about thier Griz and thier town..... ;D

JahGriz
09-02-2003, 08:07 PM
I'm sure a lively smack session will be welcome in egriz land fellas. Seems my fellow egriz'ers are fired up and excited about the season, even after a less than stellar performance for our O in Maine.
But what the heck is the deal with #10 ranked Div II CWU loosing to NAIA Carrol College. Polls are usually BS, but if this Don Hanson poll is even close then NDSU would have a tough time with NAIA Carrol.

Bisonguy
09-02-2003, 09:10 PM
JahGriz,

DII polls are usually pretty flawed for the first half of the season. It comes with the "regional" format of the DII playoffs. Kinda like Grambling being the #1 team in I-AA by ESPN.

Note to Griz fans and others that don't know about the DII playoffs-
The NCAA adopted a regional format for the DII playoffs, consisting of four regions. Each region gets four playoff spots (next year will increase to six), with the semifinals pitting each regional champion against each other. This was done after the 1986 championship had two teams from the same conference (NDSU and USD). Now with the great regional format and some very weak regions, the national championship is sometimes determined in the regional final(quarterfinals) or semifinals. Great system, huh?

Tailbone
09-02-2003, 09:37 PM
WYOBSMAN said.....

Let's give these guys some shit about thier Griz and thier town.....

Bringin' the sh!t to you.

"Their" ::)