PDA

View Full Version : GRIZ are NOT on the schedule for next year.....

WYOBISONMAN
09-02-2003, 05:48 PM
A friend of mine that works in the Montana athletic department has told me that NDSU is not on the proposed football schedule for next year. It is sounding like we are being dropped out of the Home and Home for some reason. I wonder what is up? This is not good news.

Hammerhead
09-02-2003, 05:57 PM
I thought NDSU was scheduled to a home and home series, but a cached copy of egriz.com news from 9/2/2002 on google says it is just a one-game deal.

JahGriz
09-02-2003, 06:01 PM
I was kind of hoping to see NDSU on the Griz schedule myself. We've got both Hofstra and Maine at home. I would like to see the Hofstra game changed to someone else in another conference other than the A10, or NDSU. We won't give up our game with Idaho for sure so that one won't be changed unless Idaho drops football.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a good football game. Good luck, and we'll see ya this saturday, in what is looking to be the Smoke Bowl. Damn smoke just won't give us a break. Anyone know how to do a rain dance. If so get that jig rolling and pray for some rain this week.

BisonMav
09-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Could be home and home, but not back to back years?

Ronbo
09-02-2003, 07:52 PM
I was kind of hoping to see NDSU on the Griz schedule myself. *We've got both Hofstra and Maine at home. *I would like to see the Hofstra game changed to someone else in another conference other than the A10, or NDSU. *We won't give up our game with Idaho for sure so that one won't be changed unless Idaho drops football.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to a good football game. *Good luck, and we'll see ya this saturday, in what is looking to be the Smoke Bowl. *Damn smoke just won't give us a break. *Anyone know how to do a rain dance. *If so get that jig rolling and pray for some rain this week.

Storm in the forecast for Friday and Saturday. Bring your rain gear Bison Fans.

JBB
09-03-2003, 01:23 AM
I like the news about the bad weather. It will clear the air and help to level the playing field. Im suprised about the home/home too. BisonMav may be right about the h/h not being back to back?

Bisonguy
09-05-2003, 05:34 PM
The Griz might be on the schedule in the future. A home/home with Montana State is being worked on for 2004/2005-LINK (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=39781)

The Bison-Montana game is a one-year contract. NDSU athletic director Gene Taylor and Montana athletic director Wayne Hogan may talk about future dates when they get together this weekend.

But Taylor said he doubts Montana would be interested in a home-and-home contract with NDSU in the near future.

A similar deal with Montana State, however, is in the works.

“It would be good for our fans and good for their fans,” said Montana State athletic director Peter Fields. “It could possibly be a good rival again.”

Both Fields and Taylor say potential games in 2004 and 2005 are in the conversation stages. Fields said a home-and-home agreement would be OK with him.