PDA

View Full Version : division II football---compared to I-aa

slsbison
09-05-2003, 01:24 AM
im tired of hearing that the reason why the NDSU bisons are moving up because D2 is getting to small for fargo. Let me understand this for a second. NDSU hasn't won a thing in years in any sport and Fargo is not a large city though its not a small town but you can't use the example of D2 wich means other towns/cities and colleges are small for the liking.

If you look at other schools, readers you will see that there are about 12-15 D2 schools that are much much much larger than D1 and D1-AA schools. In texas alone and missour and a couple of NE teams.

This leeds me to believe that the NCC is the problem. NDSU could go up to D1 any time and will do well but not in the near future but also you have to understand that D2 will be just as good for the region as D1 will be. Many schools and communities have understood that in the past and have worked to better themselves. Look at other D2 schools and i mean go to there websites follow them in the papers. NDSU is far behind them!! and NDSU is leaving cause D2 is getting smaller? come on... you must find a better reason to get NDSU in another league of there own. Cause there going to be missing out on some fantastic tradition that is basically created from the south here!!

my next post will be about the NDSU campus and facilities and fans/tradition!

KTF
09-05-2003, 01:47 AM
slsbison,

why the questions? are you writing an article for a magazine that is nationally known and if so which one? As for not winning anything in years, you haven't done your homework!! We offer more than just football:)

mojobison
09-05-2003, 01:54 AM
KTF, maybe he's the editor of Sioux Illustrated?

SDbison
09-05-2003, 03:21 AM
I agree with mojobison this poster (or imposter you might say) has got to be Siouxrocks or his wanna be based on the poor grammar and spelling (must be about 100+ mis-spellings and grammatical errors in his first several posts). Obviously he is not a writer, but instead most likely a UND graduate student. By the way slsbison I thought you said it was your last post about NDSU in your previous post. You really plan on another? Don't waste your time because everyone sees through your weak attempt at legitimacy. Get a life or go bother some other website. Oh yeah, if you already don't know the Sioux suck.

BisonInTexas
09-05-2003, 03:43 AM
I am still trying to find the point of slsbison's post, but here is my Cliff's notes version of why NDSU is moving up.

1. NDSU is not moving up because DII is "too small for Fargo". I don't know where you got that. NDSU is moving up because all of its peer institutions either have already moved up (Montana, Montana State, Northern Colorado, Portland State, Sacramento State, Cal-Davis, the list is endless...), or are planning to move up (SDSU). The move will rekindle many rivalries dormant for way too long. If those schools were in the same division as NDSU, NDSU would not be moving up.

2. As those schools have moved on, other schools with less financial means have moved up to DII, mostly from NAIA backgrounds. These are schools like Minn-Crookston (a vo-tech when I graduated from high school in 1985), MSU-Moorhead, Bemidji State (former DIII school), etc. Because they can't match the fund raising of other schools like NDSU, they vote to reduce scholarship levels, particularly for football. When I was in college, DII had a maximum of 45 scholarships. While I was there, it was reduce to 39, then after I left it was reduced to 36. There is a draft resolution to reduce it to 30. See a trend there? NDSU has a fantastic booster organization, but it does no good when the NCAA ties their hands with these limits. Contrast the trend in DII with DI-AA, which has been rock solid at 63 scholarships for the past 25 years.

I am ever so looking forward to your upcoming post about NDSU's facilities and fans/tradition... ::)

Craig

KTF
09-05-2003, 03:57 AM
Definitely right,a sue fan for sure. I wish that they would just put a legitimate posting on this board for us to chew up and spit out. Guess they aren't capable of that up there!!!:)

Anybody catch the nine o'clock news on fox last night(9/3)? Did you catch the part when the main anchor rip und after the Dale Lennon clip. He wanted to know if Northwest Technical College was next on the schedule for the sue. I dang near fell out of my chair, I was laughing so hard. Goes to show you what most people think about the "difficulty" of the sue schedule. I guess they are calling the und-Crookston game,"The Potato Bowl"

Go Bison

Bisonguy
09-05-2003, 04:10 AM
slsbison,

NDSU won a national championship in three sports in the last three years, with numerous runner-ups and postseason appearances. NDSU has one of the top athletic programs in the nation. For reference, NDSU has 20 national championships, UND only has 11.

Tuk
09-05-2003, 05:24 AM
im tired of hearing that the reason why the NDSU bisons are moving up because D2 is getting to small for fargo. *Let me understand this for a second. *NDSU hasn't won a thing in years in any sport and Fargo is not a large city though its not a small town but you can't use the example of D2 wich means other towns/cities and colleges are small for the liking.

If you look at other schools, readers you will see that there are about 12-15 D2 schools that are much much much larger than D1 and D1-AA schools. *In texas alone and missour and a couple of NE teams. *

This leeds me to believe that the NCC is the problem. *NDSU could go up to D1 any time and will do well but not in the near future but also you have to understand that D2 will be just as good for the region as D1 will be. *Many schools and communities have understood that in the past and have worked to better themselves. *Look at other D2 schools and i mean go to there websites follow them in the papers. *NDSU is far behind them!! and NDSU is leaving cause D2 is getting smaller? come on... you must find a better reason to get NDSU in another league of there own. *Cause there going to be missing out on some fantastic tradition that is basically created from the south here!!

my next post will be about the NDSU campus and facilities and fans/tradition!
This guys is a freaking fraud if I every saw one.

Let us get this right: He works for a magazine and writes like this?

Please......I am not an English major, but I know how to spell "leads" instead of "leeds", and the grammatical errors in his post are horrible. Run-on sentances and such...well....it isn't very professional. I think by the 8th grade level writing abilities of this person he is definitely someone who is trying to bring the NDSU fans to some huge raging frenzy.

Well slsBison, if you work at a magazine out of Mississippi, what magazine is it? Where can we get it? Who is the editor of your magazine? I have resources to verify this stuff in Mississippi and in Fargo, and we can sure figure out quick who you are or represent.

If you are who you say you are, then I apologize for my insincere remarks, but if you are some pinhead who thinks NDSU is not a good college town then you can just kiss my @$$ and go to Grand Forks >:( (I would say Hell but Forks is a worse punishment then even Hell)......Good day to you :)

JBB
09-05-2003, 12:01 PM
There is no better arraignment for the area than a DI NDSU and a DII grand forks college. *Both divisions need to be represented and Fargo is by far the largest and most vibrant city. *NDSU is reflecting this and is the natural choice for the areas DI representative. *I believe the administration, fans and media have done an excellent job explaining why und should stay in DII. *Nobody has ever been more right than they are.

89rabbit
09-05-2003, 04:51 PM
I am still trying to find the point of slsbison's post, but here is my Cliff's notes version of why NDSU is moving up.

1. NDSU is not moving up because DII is "too small for Fargo". *I don't know where you got that. *NDSU is moving up because all of its peer institutions either have already moved up (Montana, Montana State, Northern Colorado, Portland State, Sacramento State, Cal-Davis, the list is endless...), or are planning to move up (SDSU). *The move will rekindle many rivalries dormant for way too long. *If those schools were in the same division as NDSU, NDSU would not be moving up.

2. As those schools have moved on, other schools with less financial means have moved up to DII, mostly from NAIA backgrounds. *These are schools like Minn-Crookston (a vo-tech when I graduated from high school in 1985), *MSU-Moorhead, Bemidji State (former DIII school), etc. *Because they can't match the fund raising of other schools like NDSU, they vote to reduce scholarship levels, particularly for football. *When I was in college, DII had a maximum of 45 scholarships. *While I was there, it was reduce to 39, then after I left it was reduced to 36. *There is a draft resolution to reduce it to 30. See a trend there? *NDSU has a fantastic booster organization, but it does no good when the NCAA ties their hands with these limits. *Contrast the trend in DII with DI-AA, which has been rock solid at 63 scholarships for the past 25 years.

I am ever so looking forward to your upcoming post about NDSU's facilities *and fans/tradition... ::)

Craig

Well said! * :)

Go SDSU, beat NWMSU!
Go NDSU, beat Montana!

UNDvince97-01
09-05-2003, 07:08 PM
Is it necessary to blame UND for every blundering idiot that comes on here and posts something anti-NDSU? This guy obviously has no clue how to write. I come on here quite a bit, just to read what is going on with NDSU. Any time an idiot posts something bad about NDSU, you are like rabid wolves, and immediately claim they are from UND. On a side note, this JBB has way too much time on his hands. Does he have a job? Between the posts on here, siouxsports.com, and d2football.com, I'd venture to guess he spends many hours during the morning, day, and night posting on these sights. All indications are that he likes to drink Jim Beam while he does it, which is obvious. Good luck against Montana. While I think you will probably lose, I still think you will put up a good fight. My pick: Griz by 17.

Bisonguy
09-05-2003, 07:19 PM
UNDvince97-01,

Yes, a very strong precident was set by siouxrock on this board. ;D

UNDvince97-01
09-05-2003, 07:38 PM
You'll have to forgive me,

but who is siouxrock?

Bisonguy
09-05-2003, 07:46 PM
You asked for it- CLICK HERE (http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=;action=usersrecentposts;username=si ouxrock)

He wasn't the worst UND troll on the Bison boards, but he certainly was the most persistent.

mojobison
09-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Und guy97-01, we're not accusing him of being any old UND fan. He writes just like SiouxRocks before he got banned. There's been another case of a UND fan posting crap about NDSU using a name designed to make people think that they were an NDSU fan, mamabison or something.

I might disagree with RockyHagerForever but at least he's an authentic Bison fan.