PDA

View Full Version : Bison Vs. Griz Comments

Bisonguy
09-06-2003, 11:51 PM
Now that the emotions have calmed down a bit, what does everybody think about the game?

I think that this game proves that coaching can win football games. The Griz wanted to go all UND/UMC on the Bison, but the Bison coaching staff put together a plan for the second half. They were able to shut down the Griz, and not let the Bison get out of the game, even when they were down by 22.

Bring on the Aggies!

Hey, weren't we the Aggies?

KTF
09-07-2003, 12:05 AM
My only concern about that GREAT win was the number of penalties on our part. We had 4 last week but it seemed like we had a dozen or so this week. Especially at the end of the 4th quarter when we had a few holding penalties. Some of it could be blamed on fatique, I guess.

I was watching the tv broadcast as well listening to the radiocast. Phil was a great color commentator. I learned alot just listening to him explain the different stances, blocking styles...

Hail the Bison!!!

iamabison
09-07-2003, 12:08 AM
1) I am extremly impressed with the new coaching staff. Enos might be the greatest thing for this program since Jeff Bentrim. The combination of he, and Tony Stauss if going to be a lot of fun to watch. It's amazing how patient his play calling was. (no more 2 runs, then 50 yd fly patern, thank god)

2) The D-Line was unbelievable. Dwight S. is the best D=lineman I've seen in a Bison uniform since Phil Hansen.

3) The all around guts by this team, top to bottom really impressed me. It says alot about the preparation by the coaches and players.

4) Montana has one of the nicest stadiums I've ever seen. Gotta love outdoor football, maybe someday NDSU will get itself something similiar.

It's a good day to wear green and gold.

iamabison

SDbison
09-07-2003, 12:27 AM
I think this one was a team effort.......forget the penalties and mistakes. I don't remember any for jumping offsides. The O line dominated Montana's D. There was a definite surge by our O, especially down the stretch. Straus showed good poise, even though he made some early mistakes. Steffes pounding out 5 plus yards at a whack was awesome, and Malone came through in the end with several good runs and the winning TD pass. I can't even remember who caught the pass in the end zone. White had some great receptions and so did Burrell. TE's and Belquist did well also down the stretch. The D bent but did not break. Made them kick a long field goal at the end. Special forces guys took some good licks but kept on going. Maybe some room for better kick coverage, but heck we won. Got to say it again, we won.......beat one of the best in D1AA. Awesome. NOTE: Anyone remember who predicted a Bison safety would be the difference?

SDbison
09-07-2003, 12:48 AM
Guess I will answer my own question. Bisonfan1 predicted a 23-21 score with a safety being the difference. Also understand Bisonguy predicted the game a one point victory with a shanked field goal by Montana at the end. In addition JBB said it would be a one point bison win. Are any of you guys going to Las Vegas soon?