PDA

View Full Version : Bison Excitement!!!!

Bisonguy
09-08-2003, 11:28 PM
The excitement over the Mighty Bison football team is reaching a recent memory high in the Fargo-Moorhead area. The big upset has been all over the media, including those that are official UND media sources. WDAY news reported that phone call volume to the ticket office doubled today, and they are reissuing season tickets, less the price of the first game. I hope we can get at least 15,000 in the Dome and they make some noise!!!!

SDbison
09-09-2003, 04:07 AM
Any more details on Fargo area Bison fans ( fair weather fans included) reaction to the Bison victory over Montana? Did WDAY rebroadcast the game on Sunday night? Does most everyone think this was the greatest game in close to 15 years for the Bison? I suppose there is no longer a coaches show on Sunday nights, but have there been many interviews on the news? Were there a lot of pictures in the Forum other than the two in the Internet version? What is the local media saying? Do they believe this is the real deal? Any predictions on additional season ticket sales or number to expect at Saturday's game? 12,000 seems low. I would expect more like 15,000 unless the Redhawks playoff game overlaps the Bison game. Just hope to see more tailgating, more fans in their seats before the game starts, and hopefully much much more noise this time. Go Bison! Kick the crap out of the Aggies. It's payback time!

Bisonguy
09-09-2003, 05:12 AM
SDBison,

Holy Cow, I'll try to get to all the questions.

First off. The Forum. The article that had the picture of Bohl and Taylor ("Miracle in Montana") was the top story on the front page (THE FRONT SECTION) of the Sunday The Forum. The "Shock is Herd" headline, the Jake Johnson picture, McFeely's article, and Kolpack's article took up about 7/8 ths of the front page of the sports section. There was another two full pages, with one quarter page ad, inside with about 5 pictures of the game and the wrapup and the rest of McFeely's and Kolpack's articles.

The game was not rebroadcast. There still is a coach's show at 10:30 pm on WDAY sunday nights. Everyone I have talked to thinks this game was HUGE. Even Ed Schultz, mouthpiece of UND, stated this was the biggest non-playoff win in the history of Bison football, and it is the biggest win for a DII team this year. He stated that he knew the season wasn't over yet, but stated nothing could compare to it.

The local media(all TV stations included) are still talking about it on tonight's news (and last night's). Bohl has a press conference on mondays, so the it was mainly about how NDSU is moving on and preparing for another tough game against UCD. Most of the media agree that the Bison have another huge test in front of them before they can be deemed "for real".

They also are reporting about increased phone calls to the ticket office. WDAY said that calls to the ticket office have doubled, and KVLY stated that the phone was ringing off the hook. They also reported that season tickets were made available again, minus the price of the first game. I hope the crowd is at least 15,000. The Redhawks play in the Northen League championship at home Tuesday and Wednesday, and then they're off to Winnipeg for the last three games on Friday, Saturday
and Sunday. They expect 500-1000 to make the trip to Winnipeg,so it shouldn't be that much of a loss.

The Bison Feedback show was also on WDAY-AM tonight, but I had to take my doggie to obedience school, so I couldn't hear all of it. The phone lines were full. Most of the calls were telling Bohl he was doing a great job, etc. One guy from Larimoure(?) said he normally goes with about four guys, but they picked up an extra ten tickets for the game against UCD. Bohl kept stressing that he likes people in the seats, but he likes people to participate (i.e. make some freakin' noise!)

Did that answer your questions?

Let's get the Fargodome Rocking and show the Bison how much we appreciate their heart and effort they put forth last week!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make Some NOISE!!!!

Start some cheers, even if they're the simple DE-FENSE or whatever. Let's get everyone in the game and put the 12th man on the field!!!

SDbison
09-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback Bisonguy. Can't wait for Saturday. Other than my wife and I , I know of at least two more people coming up from Sioux Falls for the game. Go Bison!

KTF
09-09-2003, 02:42 PM
Being that I am a student I have heard other students say that the thing to do this weekend is to go to the football game this week. I expect that there will be double the students there this weekend. I was really surprised by the turnout of students for the Tusculum game because of the holiday.

WYOBISONMAN
09-09-2003, 04:41 PM
It is good to here the students are turning out. I think the students are what give a college ball game so much atmosphere. And, after all, NDSU is for the students, not us old bastards that have already paid all our tuition. ;D

KTF
09-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Here is an article in the Forum about ticket sales!

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=40029

tony
09-09-2003, 06:12 PM
Dang straight, students are the key to the atmosphere at NDSU games and it's their fees that pay a lot of expenses.

I wonder what it would take to get them a pregame party area (kind of a pep rally).

WYOBISONMAN
09-09-2003, 06:29 PM
Probably beer.....If I think back to my days at NDSU, beer would have drawn me in like corn draws a mallard....

Hammerhead
09-09-2003, 06:31 PM
You mean like watching the Smurfs on Saturday AM cartoons and taking a drink anytime someone said the word "smurf"? ;D

I guess that wouldn't work now that most of the games are in the evening instead of the afternoon.

Dang straight, students are the key to the atmosphere at NDSU games and it's their fees that pay a lot of expenses.

I wonder what it would take to get them a pregame party area (kind of a pep rally).

Bisonguy
09-09-2003, 08:36 PM
Hammerhead,

Didn't that slow you down? We had a game called 1 2 3 Drink. Someone would say 1 2 3 drink and you would. We also had a different game called 3 2 1 Drink. Both were fun games ;D.

I think permitting alcohol at the tailgate would be the best way to get the students going. Bring them into the tailgate festivities. It would require added security, etc. Maybe they could have wristbands if you're 21 and up, and you could then enjoy adult beverages in the tailgate area.

JBB
09-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Yep, a beer garden in the tailgate area with "21 wristbands" would be great. *I would also like to see reentry into the FFD with the wristband. Cant Team Makers as a non profit get one?