PDA

View Full Version : Ideas to get the crowd pumped up

SDbison
09-09-2003, 04:36 AM
OK, we talked about it a bunch and ageed the Bison winning would help the noise level and if more people who already cheer encourage those in your section to cheer there might be more noise. Is there anyone who posts here, including the guys who write for the Bison Insider who can make some things happen before the next game? Specifically:
1) See if the game announcer can be contacted and nicely asked to push the crowd for more noise "I can't hear you"?
2) The big screens were awesome. Lights out and camera on the the Bison in the hallway walking in was great. The code green towel thing a flop. So.......if the guy with the camera thing in the hallway could do some remote shots for the big screens during the game, especially in the student section. Oh yeah, maybe give a bunch of the students free towels and let them have at it on the big screen. Also need to crank up the volume and play something like thunderstruck. Who can we contact about this? Any ideas or suggestions?
3) Other ideas previously suggested like getting the cheerleaders in the crowd. Allow the noise maker guy back. Need more students in the thunderzone to stomp. More ideas?

Bisonguy
09-09-2003, 05:29 AM
I think that there will be a lot nore fans at this game than the Tusculum game for the following reasons:

It's not Labor Day weekend. There are way too many people that have lake homes that got them ready for winter, pulled out their boats, went on a last short getaway, etc. last weekend.

The Redhawks won't be in town. They are in the Northern League championship this week, with the only home games on Tuesday and Wednesday. For those that aren't following them or know, this year's team was only the second Northern League team to win over 60 games. The only other time it happened was the 1998 Redhawks, who were named the minor league(all minor leagues) team of the decade.

NDSU is playing UC-Davis, not Tusculum. I don't think many people knew who the hell Tusculum was, but they remember the Aggies.

NDSU just beat freakin' MONTANA. 'nuff said.

NDSU is getting a lot of free advertising about the win over Montana.

Anyhow, more people + winning= more noise!!!!

I'm going to send Taylor, Bohl, and Bradley an email with the suggestions we have discussed. I encourage others to do the same, just write thoughtfully and have a good subject line, as i'm sure they are getting flooded with emails about now. Their email addresses are on the GoBison site.

KTF
09-09-2003, 08:11 PM
Was thinking about this today. What if a handful of us were to make signs. You know those that you see at pro games, with meanings of the network or how about signs in support of the team? I am planing on making one for two reasons:

1. show my support for the team!
2. to get on the jumbotrons:)

Bisonfan1
09-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Thanx to all the people that sent e-mails to the "right people" idea's of what we have all been talking about as far as the crowd atmosphere has been heard and I think we might all be happy with the result this Saturday. It will be an exciting place to be, and as far as Im concerned, "the only place to be" on Saturday night. GO BISON !!! Good Job Everyone !!

KTF
09-09-2003, 08:19 PM
Bisonfan1,

I enjoyed the tusculum pre-game I hope it is even better than that!

can you give any hints?

KTF

Bisonfan1
09-09-2003, 08:35 PM
From what I understand, the majority of what everyone seems to be wanting more of, will be present Saturday night. There are some good folks at NDSU that have been listening to what we all have to say and are implementing those ideas. Wouldnt want to be the guy that misses out on the game Saturday. For us old guys, turn down the hearing aids !!!

dnk
09-09-2003, 09:38 PM
In the fabdome the crowd is constantly competing
with the PA announcer. Every little break in the
action he is selling something. He never shuts up.
What we need during those breaks is some jumping
music to get the crowd in a party mood.

AJ
09-10-2003, 04:43 AM
Another thing too is that I don't know how many students read this site but if you are one try to bring as many of your fellow students with you on saturday night. Usually the students are the leaders of the noise. At the last game it was estimated that there was just over a thousand SU students there. That means 2000 seats were left empty. Every student has a free ticket, USE IT!!! :D

BisonMav
09-11-2003, 02:10 PM
Having more people at the game will naturally pump up the crowd as well as the players.

What is the largest crowd at the Fargodome for a non-sue game?

tony
09-11-2003, 02:43 PM
The Pittsburg State game was probably the next biggest - I believe there were over 18,000 there.

Edit: I checked the media guide - Pitt did bring in 18000+. The next largest attendance for a non-UND game was St. Cloud (17000+).

Bisonguy
09-12-2003, 04:45 AM
There was a feature on the increased traffic to the Bison ticket office on the 6 and 10 o'clock news during sports. Steve Halstrom interviewed some people around town, and asked if they were more interested after the win against Montana.

The ten O'clock newscast also had a quick feature about two new recruits that have verbally committed to NDSU. I posted more info in the 2004 recruits thread.