PDA

View Full Version : D2football.com

Bisonfan1234
09-09-2003, 01:24 PM
nevermind

KTF
09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
I would agree but it seems to me they didn't put any notebooks up last week until about thursday or so. I am itchin' to read what they say!! It will be the game of the week, we should be the game to watch this week too. SCSU is going to have a good test with the gorillas though, noticed that on the D2 schedule of games.

bisononce
09-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Re: D2. Unfortunately, we will find there is routinely no Midwest Notebook until Wed or Th each week. The scoreboard on Saturday for later games runs way behind. And, the Regional Rankings as of today is dated November 19, 2002!! :o Any of you have a pipeline to that outfit to put the word on them?

NDSU_grad
09-09-2003, 04:23 PM
It's important that everybody at D2football.com do what they do for absolutely nothing. They all are either in school full time or have full time jobs, so they are quite busy. Most people over there usually cut them a little slack, and it still is the ONLY place to go for d2 news.

WYOBISONMAN
09-09-2003, 04:38 PM
D2football.com does a very good job with an all volunteer force. They have done more than any group to enhance the visibility of D2 sports.

Jeff Harlin, who is the Midwest columnist, just had a new baby this week. So, we need to cut Jeff some slack and wish him the best on his new family addition.

Bisonfan1234
09-09-2003, 06:16 PM
Oh...well that changes everything

I thought the staff on d2football.com were full time workers for the web site (never mind having kids).

Still....

Moonstar
09-12-2003, 04:01 PM
This weeks edition of the Midwest notebook is now posted on the D2 site.

89rabbit
09-12-2003, 04:59 PM
A lot of love for the Jackrabbits, after the shutout of the Bearcats. I didn't think they gave you guys enough credit for your win over the Griz.

Go State!

bisononce
09-12-2003, 06:03 PM
Ok. With D2 run by volunteers, let's cut them some slack. In the meantime, can somebody with some pull ask them to push a button and take down those regional rankings from a year ago.

Bisonguy
09-12-2003, 06:19 PM
A lot of love for the Jackrabbits, after the shutout of the Bearcats. *I didn't think they gave you guys enough credit for your win over the Griz.

Go State!

I think NDSU got enough credit:
from D2football.com:

Jeff Harlin’s Midwest Region Power Rankings *
Due to the already exciting season, lots of shuffling took place in this week’s power rankings. Northwest Missouri was the week’s biggest dropper, with North Dakota State’s HUGE win over Montana help them catapult to this week’s number-three position. Even with their impressive win over Fort Hays State, Emporia State falls out of this week’s rankings… but don’t expect them to be out for long. *

(*) indicates position last week *

1. St. Cloud State (2)

2. Pittsburg State (3)

3. North Dakota State (10)

4. North Dakota (4)

5. Central Missouri State (5)

6. Winona State (6)

7. South Dakota State (NR)

8. Northwest Missouri State (1)

9. Minnesota-Duluth (8 )

10. Nebraska-Omaha (7)

CKelly
09-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Yeah you've got to cut the guys at d2.com some slack. I covered the West region for them for the past two years. Let me tell you it's not easy working a full time job, and writing a column on the side. There is alot more that goes into it besides just writing, like talking to coaches, SID's, fans, etc. Don't get me wrong, though, it's alot of fun. It just takes a few days to get out since it's all volunteer.

bisononce
09-12-2003, 06:50 PM
C. Kelly. YOU are the one with inside pull! Yes, they do a great job. I for one eagerly look for the weekly summaries. The writers do great work. But, here's my point. Harlin gave us a nice regional ranking, and virtually as of today. And, but, there is also a heading of REGIONAL RANKINGS, and it's dated Nov. 2002. The info on Championship Game is from LAST YEAR! We can have a great site with a couple changes. (If we can't do the up-to-date Regional and Championship info under the heading - take it down.)

BisonFan
09-12-2003, 06:53 PM
Also, note that Lamar Gordon's name is omitted from the list of D2 Alumni currently in the NFL on the D2Football.com site.

89rabbit
09-12-2003, 09:53 PM
I too think D2football.com does a great job. If you guys are happy with the credit they gave you then that's cool. I was just thinking this might have been one of the greatest D II wins over a I AA team EVER. If that is the case I thought it should have been a little bigger. Just my opinion, not trying to be a hater.

So please don't take my comment as criticism, I just thought your win last week was huge. I loved the press that D2football gave us!

Go State!