PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska-Omaha Game

Bison_Kent
10-05-2003, 02:57 PM
This will be a tough game against the 5-1 Mavs. However, UNO tends to run a lot and that is NDSU's defensive speciality.

UNO beat SDSU 34-17 but was aidded by some Jackrabbit turnovers. Plus the game is in Fargo and its homecoming. This will most likely be a close game and low scoring but I think the Bison can pull it out.

KTF
10-05-2003, 03:36 PM
If they like to run alot, your right the Herd will have a good chance at stopping the Mavs. Sounds like a potentially big day for Dwight Summerville!

JBB
10-05-2003, 04:13 PM
I was listening to the SDSU/UNO game, und/SCSU and the BISON on the radio. It sounded like UNO will run option as well as non option running plays. They have a tough defense as well but in the first half at least it seemed like SDSU could move the ball. I think Stauss is going to have to settle down, but really, Mankato is no pushover. This game looks a lot like their game with UNC. They also played NWMSU tough. The only team that really got to them was SCSU. The UNO game will be a hard fought affair. Overall experience game experience could give the Herd the edge.

Bisonguy
10-05-2003, 06:31 PM
UNO is fairly balanced, averaging 236 yards rushing and 208 yards passing per game.

The Mighty Bison Defense is currently holding a 10 quarter streak of not allowing a TD. They have held three teams to less than 15 yards rushing for the game. If the Bison defense can limit the UNO rushing attack, they will make the opponent once again one dimensional. This will be the key to the game. The Bison offense should be able to put up points against a UNO defense that hasn't proven much. It will come down to how many points the Mighty Bison Defense allows UNO to score.

Who thought at the beginning of the season that the Bison D would be carrying the team? I don't know if the D went ten minutes without allowing a TD last year, let alone ten quarters.

wfduck
10-06-2003, 01:24 AM
Mankato's defense hadnt done much and SU didnt exactly light it up. UNO will be STIFF test.

SDSUFAN
10-06-2003, 12:30 PM
UNO has got a good qb in Musek, who can take off running on a pass action play. *NDSU will have to have a couple of DL staying home to pickup on that play. *Denney no 17 is a WR that can get off his feet. *SDSU had two teamed and he still managed a reception by getting above our two guys.

I think the game could be decided on turnovers. *SDSU gave UNO *four turnovers and two resulted in points. *Their Toe Guy young Andy Severson is getting better, but still not what his brother Troy was. He could also make a difference especially if he in range.

No 21 and 39, the Untoelo brothers come off the ball on Defense very quickly and can rap things up in hurray. *

This game will be challenge for the Bison and could decide the NCC..

wfduck
10-08-2003, 03:36 AM
Are you serious?

Tatanka
10-09-2003, 01:32 AM
Who ever wins this game will win the conference

I tend to agree. Let's hope the bunnies can help us out this weekend so susie won't be a factor!

Bison_Kent
10-09-2003, 01:33 PM
UNO must have improved their defense as well. Last year NDSU scored 42 on them. Of course, they scored 49. I actually was at the game a year ago and their defense had a tough time stopping the Bison offense in the second half. Of course, it was 27-0 before NDSU scored as well so there could have been a let up on their defensive side of ball. NDSU mixed in some running but did it mostly through the air to come back and almost win. The thing that killed the Bison was turnovers. One TD was directly taken back and I think there were a couple other ones that killed NDSU drives.

Turnover margin definitely will be the key in this one.

Bisonfan1234
10-09-2003, 03:09 PM
UNO must have improved their defense as well. *Last year NDSU scored 42 on them. *Of course, they scored 49. *I actually was at the game a year ago and their defense had a tough time stopping the Bison offense in the second half. *Of course, it was 27-0 before NDSU scored as well so there could have been a let up on their defensive side of ball. *NDSU mixed in some running but did it mostly through the air to come back and almost win. *The thing that killed the Bison was turnovers. *One TD was directly taken back and I think there were a couple other ones that killed NDSU drives.

"Turnover margin definitely will be the key in this one." *

"Turnover margin definitely will be the key in this one." ... when you run the option against a penetrating defense like ours....there will be turnovers-a-plenty.

BisonMav
10-09-2003, 03:27 PM
The UNO team likes to grab at the ball and force turnovers. *I am sure the Bison Coaches are aware of that, and will have the players ready. *Turn some of those grab attempts into missed tackles for Big Plays.

Bisonfan1234
10-10-2003, 01:45 AM
What i meant was that when UNO runs the option against our D there could be turnovers.

BisonMav
10-10-2003, 12:49 PM
From the Herald - Bison Section Today

Bison Weekend (http://www.centredaily.com/mld/grandforksherald/sports/6979059.htm)

And a Forum article on the Defense:

Bison Defense (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=41838)