10.Central Missouri State (5-1)

wsuwarrior
10-14-2003, 05:25 PM
;D

Obviously, I'm excited about this...

Go Warriors!!!

NDSU_grad
10-14-2003, 06:54 PM
If Winona and Concordia St. Paul both finish with one loss (don't think it will happen because NDSU will beat CSP), how can the committe justify taking Winona before them? I don't really care either way, just thought it might make for interesting discussion.

wsuwarrior
10-14-2003, 08:14 PM
It can be justified b/c Winona has played a harder non-conference schedule (vs Missouri Western, @ Truman State, vs South Dakota State), as opposed to Concordia, St. Paul's nonconference schedule (@ South Dakota, @ UW - River Falls, @ NDSU)

Before someone jumps on me, I do think the NDSU is the toughest of those 6 non-conference teams, but as a whole, I think WSU's non conference is tougher.

BisonMav
10-14-2003, 08:31 PM
Posted by: wsuwarrior Posted on: Today at 2:14pm
It can be justified b/c Winona has played a harder non-conference schedule (vs Missouri Western, @ Truman State, vs South Dakota State), as opposed to Concordia, St. Paul's nonconference schedule (@ South Dakota, @ UW - River Falls, @ NDSU)

Before someone jumps on me, I do think the NDSU is the toughest of those 6 non-conference teams, but as a whole, I think WSU's non conference is tougher.

Tougher than UND's nonconference schedule also. Northern State could be a player too. What are the chances of Northern beating both WSU and CSP?

NDSU_grad
10-14-2003, 09:57 PM
wsuwarrior,
Looking at it subjectively, I couldn't agree with you more. However, using the objective rating system I don't think your wins against those three teams will mean much. All three will be below .750 and they may all be below .500. If CSP beats a 1 loss NDSU team (2 after the loss) the head-to-head matchup between CSP and WSU should take precedent (IMHO).

mojobison
10-14-2003, 10:10 PM
Hats off to Winona for trying to put a good non-conference schedule together. You should get credit for that when it comes to playoff selection time.