PDA

View Full Version : Sioux Ticket Gouge

Tatanka
09-16-2003, 03:01 AM
Well, once again, the Susans outdo themselves with their latest display of douchebaggery!

Charging $11.00 extra to get into the NDSU game is only topped by their stunt two years ago... For those of you who may have forgotten, they sold tickets to the NDSU-UND football game to about 1,000 people, then revoked the tickets once it was discovered that they had sold the seats "in error".

I was one of the many who took it in the shorts. My credit card was actually charged, then credited the next day, and my tickets invalidated through Ticketmaster.

No amends were made for their error, but the Sioux athletic department did offer to sell me Sioux season tickets! I clarified that, although they wouldn't sell me a seat for the NDSU game because they were "sold out", they were trying to sell me a season ticket (which included the NDSU game). Indeed this was the case.

So please, folks, let's not be surprised by the Susan's latest scam. Let Captain Roger lead his ship of fools wherever they may go--and just be thankful that we don't have to defend NDSU pulling any crap like this!

airmail
09-18-2003, 07:49 PM
So are you going to spend the extra $$$, or will you stay home?

Tatanka
09-19-2003, 12:42 AM
I'm staying home. I'll support my team by traveling to another road game (probably Augustana, where they treat visitors with some measure of respect).

To be honest, I would have been there with bells on had it not been for the obvious screw job attempted by the man with two first names and his minions.

Bisonguy
10-13-2003, 04:31 AM
How would this be for a funny situation?

NDSU whoops up on UND, but UND wins out the rest of the season. Both schools make the playoffs, but NDSU would host because of the better record.

How much should tickets cost for the game?

I say $35, except season ticket holders can get them for $15 and any amount of GA tickets they want.

Moonstar
10-13-2003, 02:19 PM
During the Bison Football Show last night Channel 6 was showing a commercial that went something like this...gas to get to the game... $15, halftime snacks... $20, game ticket...$27.50, and sitting in the comfort of your living room watching the game on TV...priceless!

Of course, they were advertising for their own benefit, but I thought it highlighted the ticket price gouging pretty effectively.

airmail
10-13-2003, 04:06 PM
How much should tickets cost for the game?

I say $35, except season ticket holders can get them for $15 and any amount of GA tickets they want.

And I'll pay $35.00 because it is worth it for that particular game. Supply and demand... I thought this thread was done? ::)

Hammerhead
10-13-2003, 05:32 PM
Doesn't the NCAA set the price for playoff games?

Anyhoo -- I'll be watching this week's game at the alumni gathering in Beaverton, Oregon. I haven't missed one since moving out here in 1996.

imported_admin
10-13-2003, 06:27 PM
Good point about ticket prices. I looked it up in the 2003 DII Football Championship Handbook.

Ticket prices shall be determined by the respective games committees with the approval of the governing sports committee. Ticket prices may be “scaled” according to the location of the seats.

The minimum ticket prices for the championship shall be $6 for preferred seating and $5 for general admission. A $3 student general admission ticket, with student identification card, is permissible for students of participating institutions for first-round, quarterfinal and
semifinal games.

NDSU is a loooooong way from having a home playoff game. Beat UND. Beat Augie. Beat South Dakota. Beat St. Cloud. Beat Concordia-St. Paul. Then we'll talk about a home playoff game (except NDSU still might get Delta Stated and sent to Aberdeen or Pittsburg or someplace.

pwbnd
10-14-2003, 01:11 AM
Anyhoo -- I'll be watching this week's game at the alumni gathering in Beaverton, Oregon. I haven't missed one since moving out here in 1996.

Hey Hammerhead...I getting transferred from Fargo to Portland in December. I was very happy to see that the football game is broadcast out there.

Does the alumni association arrange for any other games to be shown out there? (ex: basketball?)

Do alumni get together out there for anything other than the football game once a year?

Hammerhead
10-15-2003, 02:43 PM
Not that I'm aware of. The only official activity I ever hear about is the Bison/Sioux game.

BisonMav
10-15-2003, 02:53 PM
I brought this up on the I-AA board. Some schools raise prices, some don't. $27.50 would be on the high side for a I-AA game from what I am seeing.

Ticket Prices (http://www.anygivensaturday.org/cgi-bin/board/cutecast.pl?session=Lmq01PMydH4Jhke7ecP2MkpeIg&for um=1&thread=1441)

tony
10-15-2003, 02:54 PM
First of all, I apologize for posting earlier as the Forum Administrator. I forgot to log out after doing some maintenance.

Anyway, there are usually events around the country. There were some in MSP when I lived there. There's an annual lobster bake in Kennebunkport. Some stuff in Arizona and Florida too. Beyond that, it's most golf outings. Oh yeah, and there's the occasional trip to Europe or a cruise.

For you guys out west, I'd almost expect that there'd be something in Napa/San Francisco every other year around the time of the Bison-Aggie game.

Bisonguy
10-19-2003, 04:19 AM
I thought the game was a sellout. Maybe $27.50 was a little too much for the fans to dish out. -STATS (http://www.fightingsioux.com/sports/football/boxscore.asp?GAME_ID=892)

Scoring Summary (Final)
The Automated ScoreBook
#8 North Dakota State vs #12 North Dakota (Oct 18, 2003 at Grand Forks, N.D.)

North Dakota State (5-2,3-1) vs. North Dakota (6-1,4-0)
Date: Oct 18, 2003 Site: Grand Forks, N.D. Stadium: Alerus Center
Attendance: 12267

BisonMav
10-19-2003, 06:54 AM
That's a great Stat Bisonguy. * ;D