PDA

View Full Version : Craig Bohl Sucks

rockyhagerforever
10-19-2003, 02:30 AM
Montana was a fluke. This isn't a very good team. The defense is good, the offense is putrid. If you go to Missoula and beat Montana there's no excuse for not beating North Dakota. The call to pitch to Malone on fourth and one rather than just running a blast was stupidity on the level of Bob Babich. Bohl and his staff should be ashamed of themselves. It was a totally ignorant call. Mark my words, this team isn't going to make the playoffs. And who gives a damn if they do? It just means another road playoff game. That dumpy ass dome is 10 years old and has NEVER hosted a playoff game. What a joke. Let's face it, for the last five years the Bison have been an also ran football program. And that's all they're ever going to be.

ndsubison
10-19-2003, 02:36 AM
I think this board has had about enough of you, you so called ::)fan ::) Tell you what, why don't you start your own msg board called piss&moanrockyrules.com or something else like that and you can have all the company you want with losers like yourself that think you know what being a fan is all about. At least Bohl didn't run Keontay Jackson out of the endzone like idiot Babich did. We went 2-8 last year and so far I'd say this year has gone as well as could be expected. The glory days are just that-glory days. It's time for a new era of Bison FB and if you don't like it simply get off at the next stop.

Bisonguy
10-19-2003, 02:44 AM
Holy Cow!

The Bison only have two losses this year, one by a team that spanked us by 28 pts. last year. Last year the Bison only had two wins. I think the team and coaching staff have made significant strides towards improving the team. The defense is vastly improved, and the offense has been better than last year. Special teams are vastly improved over last year as well. I think once the coaching staff is able to get a couple recruiting classes that are suited for the offensive and defensive schemes that the Bison will be back.

Geez, the playoffs are still a possibility, something that couldn't be said after week 4 last year. ::)

rockyhagerforever
10-19-2003, 02:48 AM
First of all, stop this we garbage, you aren't on the team moron. I'm sick of my fellow Bison fans who live in a world where the Bison can't be criticized. New era my ass. When is it going to start? Wasn't it going to start when Babich came in? Wasn't it going to start when the Dome opened? Wasn't it going to start when they knocked off Montana out there? Bison fans are the most arrogant fans on earth. You idiots were running your mouths all week and now we get to listen to Sioux fans come back with their own shots for the next year. Or whenever the game is played again. I have every right to attack Bohl and his staff when they do something indefensable like pitch on fourth and less than a yard. It was a shockingly stupid play call. I promise you, this team isn't going to make the playoffs. Bison fans got all worked up for nothing. Period.

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 02:50 AM
Montana was a fluke. This isn't a very good team. The defense is good, the offense is putrid. If you go to Missoula and beat Montana there's no excuse for not beating North Dakota. The call to pitch to Malone on fourth and one rather than just running a blast was stupidity on the level of Bob Babich. Bohl and his staff should be ashamed of themselves. It was a totally ignorant call. Mark my words, this team isn't going to make the playoffs. And who gives a damn if they do? It just means another road playoff game. That dumpy ass dome is 10 years old and has NEVER hosted a playoff game. What a joke. Let's face it, for the last five years the Bison have been an also ran football program. And that's all they're ever going to be.

You and sioux rock would make a perfect couple!

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 02:52 AM
p.s. I think you fell off the bandwagon a few too many times and bumped your head. *This is just one loss in which the Bison were oh so close to winning it on the road. *Wake up or shut up rockyhagerforever

bisonhp
10-19-2003, 03:09 AM
who is this idiot? like rocky is the answer

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 03:14 AM
who is this idiot? like rocky is the answer

AMEN! The last thing NDSU would need is the return of off-the-field problems by the players and a coach that chooses to look the other way.

Bison_Kent
10-19-2003, 03:44 AM
Who do this Rocky lover think he is? Bohl has done a tremendous job. As you can look back, I was one that supported getting someone that was not associated with the program as I thought the Bison needed a new direction. To turn around a team that finished 2-8 last year to one that is now 5-2. That isn't too shabby in my opinion in doing this mainly with the same team plus a few pre-season additions via transfers.

I am very confident in Coach Bohl's approach and his assistances. Even though we lost a tough game to the Sioux, I am happy with the direction the Bison team is going.

Let me ask everyone this: What were your real expectations for the Bison this year? Mine were to finish 7-4 or 8-3 and that is still achievable. And the playoffs are not out of the question either.

KTF
10-19-2003, 03:47 AM
I agree Kent, Bohl is doing a great job! My expectations were for the team to bounce back and have a 6-5 year. I would have never expected this.

Tuk
10-19-2003, 03:52 AM
I agree that Bohl is not the problem, but I think our team just screwed up too many plays. This was a game full of mistakes, fumbles, and just chaos at times. We ARE better than was shown today, but as far as I am concerned its doesn't matter as much anymore. The Nickel is lost and probably will never come back home to NDSU. Just my opinion tho...

NDSU_grad
10-19-2003, 03:53 AM
I didn't mind this idiot when everybody was criticizing Babich, mainly because nobody liked him. Is the coaching staff responsible for bobbled snaps from center or all the false starts. The sue played absolutely out of their mind tonight and got all their points off of big plays. I don't even disagree with the call on fourth down. This coaching staff is fantastic and are definitely the right crew to lead the Bison to I-AA.

KTF
10-19-2003, 03:58 AM
I say give Bohl 2-3 year to prove himself. Look what he brought in on the D-line! Give him a chance bring in players that can make the big plays! This team is going to be very different in two years!

BisonMav
10-19-2003, 06:51 AM
Posted by: rockyhagerforever Posted on: Oct 18th, 2003, 8:30pm

Those Johnny-Come-Lately-Win-or-Whine fans are great. Rocky jumped into a winning program, Craig Bohl basically has to start over. Would Rocky be 5-2 at this point, I would bet not.

The Bison lost, take it like a man.

Hammerhead
10-19-2003, 06:55 AM
IMHO, any fan can say "we" when referring to the Bison. I know at least one poster is a team maker who forks over the dough that makes NDSU athletics fun to watch. Can he say "we" even if he doesn't put on a uniform. ::)

I wasn't really expecting us to be much better than a .500 team after only winning 2 games last year.

wfduck
10-19-2003, 10:37 AM
Most on the board felt going into the season 7-4 record would be a success. The win in Missoula set the bar a notch higher. A two or three loss season would be damn impressive after last years 2-8.

BisonWarrior
10-19-2003, 02:54 PM
Rockyhagerforever...get in the real world!!! One game and you are on the doom and gloom rollercoaster! I trust that our coaches will evaluate themselves as well as the team as too the areas that need to be addressed so that a loss like this does not happen again. We have a long season left and the mental side of the game is as or more important than the physical side. What this team does not need are fans that have lost all hope that they can make adjustments. And YES I say WE!!! As fans, we are a part of the team and if you did not see this at the Alerus Center on Saturday then you are Blind, Deaf and DUMB!

clyde
10-19-2003, 08:38 PM
This site shows how fickle and arrogant some are regarding SU. Craig and his staff are outstanding and will rebound. Next, you fool " BisonFan" talking about Rocky not knowing disciplne is a fool. Lets talk history Paul Hatchett to the present. If Babich had so much control why were his players out carousing the Thurs prior to a very big game (just *lost to the Sue). Remember discpline is not reactionary it is an attitude. And for you bigtimers taking shots at the Crookstons, MN Morris's and there institutions. Remember as fans we should get the fence sitters on the BISON side. Because believe it or *not not everyone cares in the state or region about the BISON OR SIOUX.

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 08:51 PM
This site shows how fickle and arrogant some are regarding SU. Craig and his staff are outstanding and will rebound. Next, you fool " BisonFan" talking about Rocky not knowing disciplne is a fool. Lets talk history Paul Hatchett to the present. If Babich had so much control why were his players out carousing the Thurs prior to a very big game (just *lost to the Sue). Remember discpline is not reactionary it is an attitude. And for you bigtimers taking shots at the Crookstons, MN Morris's and there institutions. Remember as fans we should get the fence sitters on the BISON side. Because believe it or *not not everyone cares in the state or region about the BISON OR SIOUX.

Discipline doesn't equal babysitting Clyde. They were out carousing thursday night, got in trouble, and then GOT SUSPENDED! That Clyde, is discipline! It would be better if players were disciplined enough themselves to not require that kind of discipline from the coaches.

clyde
10-19-2003, 09:47 PM
No, Bison Fan that (suspension) is called punishment. Discipline and punishment are not the same. "Bison Fan" do want a history lesson with coachs looking the other way? Mudra thru Babbich? No it is not needed and Hager ran a cleanship. Probably cleaner than the guy that fired him (Morton) . So if you want state facts lets go. AND HAIL THE BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SDSUFAN
10-19-2003, 10:06 PM
I would agree with most of the comments on here that state that Bohl deserves a chance, and my God this is his 2nd loss of his NDSU career. Yes a 7-4 season is good showing after going 2-8 and not having any voice in the recruiting or this years roster, I think Bohl and company did a good job getting it in order. If five years down the road and there is a losing streak instead of winning streak, then coaching decisions become a factor. NDSU is not at that point with Coach Bohl. Give him a chance.

I been in the Alerus Center just once and that was when SDSU got clobbered by UND NC champs in 2001. But from what I saw, its a tough place to play. Also the UND team is going to be pumped for this one(NDSU). Its tough to lay this loss at anyone feet. I think NDSU fans should chuckle along with Jeff Kolpeck, who said the NDSU budget had been lowered with the loss of the Nickel trophy. ;D

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 10:09 PM
No, Bison Fan that (suspension) is called punishment. Discipline and punishment are not the same. "Bison Fan" do want a history lesson with coachs looking the other way? Mudra thru Babbich? No it is not needed and Hager ran a cleanship. Probably cleaner than the guy that fired him (Morton) . So if you want state facts lets go. AND HAIL THE BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suspension is a form of after the fact discipline. *Get your head out of your....never mind. Its probably better off left there. *

BisonFan
10-19-2003, 10:26 PM
If Hager ran a clean ship, why is there so much talk about off the field problems with his players leading to his contract not being renewed by NDSU? Can't think of an answer to that one? Exactly. As the article in NDSU's Spectrum put it after Hager was in essence fired, "Hager guilty of looking other way". Or as another article in the Grand Forks Herald put it when he threw his name into the mix to replace Babich, "Hager had differences with Bob Entzion, the former NDSU athletic director, and he was fired after a series of off-the-field problems with some of his players." There it is for you in writing. He was fired after a series of off-the-field problems with his players. That is not discipline or a clean ship.

iamabison
10-20-2003, 12:44 AM
Bohl, and his entire staff, are a blessing from God for the NDSU football program. The UND loss wasn't a lack of preparation or poor coaching, it was a lack of execution. Coach Bohl or Enos can't go out there and take the snaps from center. The coaches and the team showed a lot of character coming back, and a new dimension being able to throw the ball to come back.

iamabison

clyde
10-20-2003, 01:40 AM
Bison Fan thank you for your logic. Yes the Grand forks Herald is a valid source of news. No comment on the Spectrum do to respect to SU. What about the 3 Bison players involved in a fight with the off duty police officer under Babichs regime were they suspended? NO!!! Was Simdorn suspended? Was Myles kicked off the team 1991? *Get off your high horse you will be the first person pissing and moaning at 5-5 season: players in trouble (throwing snow balls)and etc... What are your thoughts on Entzions actions? At least Rocky can say this "he ran his ship." He did not hide behind a players council like many other head coachs do today. Again good luck to Bohl and his staff and Taylor will stand behind his guy and support him. Again your points were fantastic and I now feel in my place.

BisonFan
10-20-2003, 01:45 AM
The facts don't lie. I'm being objective.

clyde
10-20-2003, 01:49 AM
So Babich should have been fired for a lack of discipline using your logic. And you meant THE SPIN DONT LIE.

BisonFan
10-20-2003, 01:50 AM
Bison Fan thank you for your logic. Yes the Grand forks Herald is a valid source of news. No comment on the Spectrum do to respect to SU. What about the 3 Bison players involved in a fight with the off duty police officer under Babichs regime were they suspended? NO!!! Was Simdorn suspended? Was Myles kicked off the team 1991? *Get off your high horse you will be the first person pissing and moaning at 5-5 season: players in trouble (throwing snow balls)and etc... What are your thoughts on Entzions actions? At least Rocky can say this "he ran his ship." He did not hide behind a players council like many other head coachs do today. Again good luck to Bohl and his staff and Taylor will stand behind his guy and support him. Again your points were fantastic and I now feel in my place.

No, I will be one of those who makes it to every home game, cheers positively, and stays until the final horn every game just like I have been doing since 1998!

clyde
10-20-2003, 01:55 AM
Well pal. I have been following the Herd for much much longer than you. It seams you do know the spin. Thank you for the lesson now you have put me in my place.

wfduck
10-20-2003, 02:32 AM
Earle ;) Somonson rocks!

BisonFan
10-20-2003, 03:00 AM
What about the 3 Bison players involved in a fight with the off duty police officer under Babichs regime were they suspended? NO!!!

I don't remember hearing about that. I thought I heard about some NDSU wrestlers fighting with someone associated with the police though. *Are you sure it wasn't some of Bucky's grapplers?

BisonFan
10-20-2003, 03:08 AM
Amazing how no one is pointing at the fumbled snaps...

dnk
10-20-2003, 03:43 AM
Again, we lost. Now let's move on and quit this negative crap. We've a good thing going at NDSU.
Let's get behind it in a positive manner!.

JBB
10-20-2003, 04:51 PM
If you can point to any fatal error thats it. There shouldnt be 5 fumbled snaps. Thats 5 offensive plays several of them drive stoppers. Almost as bad as turnovers. And we still almost won.

Its a shame when the better team loses and NDSU is the better team. Now the Fabulous Fargo Dome will probably sit dark trough another round of playoff games.

Rocky Hagger has his place in history but his teams just werent that good. Dive right, ptich left, dive right, punt. Dive left, option pass incomplete, dive left. punt. It got so sickining that the option was the last offense I ever wanted to see at NDSU again.

Im glad we have left it behind. Im glad we are moving up, Im happy with the team and coaches.

One thing for sure, Coach Babich couldnt run the team but he could sure recruit talent.

WYOBISONMAN
10-20-2003, 05:51 PM
Bohl is a good coach and has done a great job this year. By this time lst year we were all wondering just how shitty the team would be. Now we are still thinking playoffs. Yes the offense needs a lot of work.....there is not the consistency that we need. Defense is tough and there is consistency there. Loosing to the Sioux is terrible....especially when we had the ability to win the game, but the offense didn't show up to play. All in all this is a great season compared to last year and I look for Bohl and company to have us winning the Great West Conference in 3 years.