PDA

View Full Version : Polls Week of 10/26

Bisonguy
10-26-2003, 11:15 PM
Don Hansen moves the Bison on up after the impressive win against Augie. From -http://www.donhansen.com/polls/ncaaii.php

October 26, 2003
NCAA II Top 40
1 SAGINAW VALLEY ST. MI 8-0 21 BENTLEY MA 8-0
2 VALDOSTA STATE GA 8-0 22 MESA STATE CO 7-1
3 TEXAS A&M-KINGSVILLE 6-1 23 FAYETTEVILLE NC 6-2
4 NORTH ALABAMA 8-0 24 CENTRAL WASHINGTON 4-3
5 GRAND VALLEY STATE 7-1 25 DELTA STATE 6-2
6 CATAWBA NC 7-1 26 CHADRON STATE 6-2
7 NORTH DAKOTA STATE 6-2 27 EAST STROUDSBURG 6-2
8 TUSCULUM TN 7-1 28 EDINBORO PA 6-2
9 TARLETON STATE TX 6-2 29 BOWIE STATE MD 6-2
10 PITTSBURG STATE KS 7-1 30 ALBANY STATE GA 6-2
11 CARSON-NEWMAN TN 7-1 31 BLOOMSBURG PA 6-2
12 INDIANA PA 7-1 32 MIDWESTERN STATE TX 5-3
13 CENTRAL OKLAHOMA 7-0 33 NORTHWEST MISSOURI 5-3
14 SOUTHERN ARKANSAS 6-2 34 ST. CLOUD STATE MN 6-3
15 CENTRAL MISSOURI 7-1 35 CONCORDIA-ST. PAUL 6-2
16 NORTH DAKOTA 7-1 36 KENTUCKY STATE 6-2
17 NEBRASKA-OMAHA 7-2 37 SHIPPENSBURG PA 6-2
18 MISSOURI WESTERN 6-2 38 ABILENE CHRISTIAN TX 4-3
19 EMPORIA STATE 7-1 39 MINNESOTA-DULUTH 6-2
20 WINONA STATE 7-1 40 MANSFIELD PA 7-1

ndsubison
10-26-2003, 11:55 PM
It's refreshing to see that the NSIC teams are ranked where they belong. *Also, I noticed that 'SU is ranked ahead of the Suck. *I think Mr. Hanson realizes that if/when NDSU plays up to its potential that there will be very few teams that can hang with us. *The UND game, in my opinion, was an anomoly. *I just hope we can take care of business, win out, and hope that the regional hoopla shakes itself out so we get another shot at the knuckleheads up North. *I know that Saginaw Valley beat GVSU so they deserve to move up but the lack of respect for Valdosta befuddles me. :-/

BisonMav
10-27-2003, 03:00 PM
After UMD beat Concordia-STP this weekend, they probably have a legit chance to beat Winona State at the end of the year.

Bisonfan1234
10-27-2003, 03:25 PM
I hope so.

Also UNO beat SCSU so things didn't quite go the way we wanted. But as long as UNO beats UND i think we are in good shape. So if that happens plus UIMD beats Winona i think we'll be in very good shape.

WYOBISONMAN
10-27-2003, 03:29 PM
I think after this past weekend, as long as the Bison win out we control our chances to enter the playoffs. Lets go Bison!!

JBB
10-27-2003, 03:52 PM
Look at what D2s strength of schedule index has done compared to this poll:

The #16 team is #1 in the midwest region.
The #19 team is #2
The #20 team is #3
The #10 team is #4
The #7 team is $5

NDSU_grad
10-27-2003, 04:24 PM
JBB,
That's pretty interesing, but I believe all those other teams have only one loss. By the end of the year, I believe at least two of those will have two losses, and NDSU will vault ahead of them based on strength of schedule.

IL_Bison
10-27-2003, 11:05 PM
I'm fairly convinced that if NDSU runs the table they are in. If Winona St. takes one more loss and the MIAA teams beat up on each other would allow 2 NCC teams to get in. I think it is frustrating that a loss to UC-Davis and UND would knock us out of the playoffs while Winona St. is in based strictly on record.

I'm not sure a UND loss would be good, since a loss later in the season seems to affect the polls more so than a loss earlier in the season. A UND loss could weaken the NCC's chances of two teams. Just my opinion, I've been wrong before.

WYOBISONMAN
10-27-2003, 11:51 PM
A UND loss would strengthen the chances of the Bison getting in since they are ranked ahead of the HERD. I do think that if UND were to suffer another loss the Bison may very well be the sole rep from the NCC if the Bison win out.

KTF
10-28-2003, 01:40 AM
This is probably the wrong way to view it but who is UND going to play the remainder of the season that has a chance to knock them off? I would say that UNO is the only major threat but they have a hurt QB. Please don't torture me, just being a realist!

somebison
10-28-2003, 01:45 AM
Here's the new poll

Midwest

1. North Dakota (7-1)
2. Emporia State (7-1)
3. Winona State (7-1)
4. Pittsburg State (7-1)
5. North Dakota State (6-2)
6. Nebraska-Omaha (7-2)
7. Central Missouri State (7-1)
8. Missouri Western State (6-2)
9. St. Cloud State (6-3)
10. Minnesota Duluth (6-2)

Not much has changed at the top. If UND or Emporia loses and Wins out. Do you think there is a possibility for a Winona home playoff game? The fact that I am checking out NSIC scores to determine NDSU's playoff chances reaffirms to me why NDSU should be going D1-AA

blitzer
10-28-2003, 02:32 AM
Yah a Winona home game is a very good possibility... They destoyed MWSC in week 1 by 40+ points, so that is helping them in SSI and head to head.

KTF,

UND schedule is very favorable to them, and so is Emporia's and Winona. The hornets only have one semi-tough game left, and of course Winona is in the NSIC (enough said). Hopefully Pitt will drop 1 or 2, they have three tough games left.

Bisonguy
10-28-2003, 02:39 AM
Didn't NDSU lay a whoopin' on the team ranked right behind them a couple weeks back? ::) ???

BisonInTexas
10-28-2003, 03:24 AM
Yah a Winona home game is a very good possibility... They destoyed MWSC in week 1 by 40+ points, so that is helping them in SSI and head to head.

KTF,

UND schedule is very favorable to them, and so is Emporia's and Winona. The hornets only have one semi-tough game left, and of course Winona is in the NSIC (enough said). Hopefully Pitt will drop 1 or 2, they have three tough games left.

Winona isn't in the playoffs yet. They still have two very tough games remaining - Northern State who laid a licking on Duluth (but just lost last week to Bemidji) and Duluth, who just beat the tar out of Concordia St. Paul.

However, I agree with you blitzer - none of the NSIC teams deserve a playoff bid over an NCC team. Good riddance DII.

Craig

tony
10-28-2003, 03:34 AM
I've updated the DII Regional Rankings page (http://www.bisonville.com/d2regionrank.html) that you can get to from the main Bisonville page.

I'd been using it on my local machine to see the schedule/results for ranked teams without having to hunt around (for those of you unfamiliar with the site, click on the school's name to get their schedule/results and some other info).

Bisonfan1234
10-28-2003, 03:38 AM
If Winona loses to Duluth i think we're in.

tony
10-28-2003, 03:42 AM
The fact that I am checking out NSIC scores to determine NDSU's playoff chances reaffirms to me why NDSU should be going D1-AA

somebison, that is my nominee for "Quote of the Week."

blitzer
10-28-2003, 03:44 AM
Didn't NDSU lay a whoopin' on the team ranked right behind them a couple weeks back? *::) ???

Sure did.. of course the Bison have 2 losses and Winona has only 1. If Winona wins out the win over MWSC could help them get a home playoffs game.

KTF
10-28-2003, 03:48 AM
So from what I understand, a few scenarios that would help the Bison, please correct me if I am wrong!

(Assumption is SU wins out!)

NCC Race
If UND drops a game and UNO wins out, SU ties with UND and UNO for the NCC title.

Midwest Regional Rankings
Either Pitt state, Winona State or Emporia would have to drop a game to move into the top 4 in the regional standings.

To gain home field advantage
UND, Pitt state, Winona state and Emporia state would have to drop one game each.

roadwarrior
10-28-2003, 04:03 AM
Tony, I'll second that nomination !!!

runtheoption
10-28-2003, 04:11 AM
I was in the Concordia-St. Paul weight room today (proudly wearing my NDSU Alumni Association t-shirt!) and overheard an interesting and comical conversation between a football player and another student. They talking about C-SP's chances of making it to the play-offs after their whooping at the hands of UM-D. They were saying something to the effect of "The NSIC has been beating up on each other all year that whoever makes it into the playoffs isn't going to have much left for the NCC and Missouri schools." Whatever!

Then they talked about C-SP's remaining schedule, including the "game with North Dakota in the dome." Make me want to puke hearing that. I realized they had NDSU and UND combined into one college after they said, " They just won the championship in 2001 and then last year they were 2-8. Now this year they kicked the crap out of Montana St. (another mistake) and then lost to some small D2 school from down south somewhere." Then they continued on about how it will be a tough game against "North Dakota" and the prospects of C-SP making the Mineral Bowl.

Damn, I hope we stomp these guys into the ground so they never, ever confuse NDSU with UND again. Show them the difference between a good NSIC team and a top-notch program like NDSU. To me, it just reinforces the main reason to be moving up to D1AA--to not be fighting for playoff spots in D2 with a shitty conference like the NSIC.

KTF
10-28-2003, 04:14 AM
I hope that the Herd pounds the crap out of C-SP too if in fact they think that way! They will never forget NDSU again!