PDA

View Full Version : ;DMontana doing well....

WYOBISONMAN
11-04-2003, 03:34 PM
The Griz put up a huge win against Northern Arizona this weekend. *They are surely looking like a solid D1AA playoff team this year. *The Griz have 2 losses. *The other was against Idaho State.

Wouldn't it be cool to have NDSU as the D2 Champs and Montana as the D1AA Champs. *I would love the fact that the D1AA champs had been beaten by the D2 Champs. *GO BISON ;D

cbline
11-04-2003, 03:40 PM
The more I ponder the next couple weeks, the more I doubt that the Bison will even get into the postseason. Impossible to believe that such good results may not get rewarded. Don't get me wrong, I have my hopes up, but the system is screwy to the point of being illogical.

cbline

JBB
11-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Heres the latest regional poll ranking. The number to the right is the D2football.com ranking. either way NDSU comes in 5th. The BISON need help. But, even if a team ahead of us loses, it would still be very tempting for the pollsters to move Central Mo. ahead of the BISON since they are only a 1 loss team.

1 North Dakota 11
2 Emporia State 12
3 Winona State 16
4 PSU 8
5 NDSU 13
6 CMSU 10

NDSU_grad
11-04-2003, 04:10 PM
The way I figure it, if Central Missouri wins out we are in, if Central Missouri splits we are in. If they lose both we're in trouble, and we'll need Winona to lose one of their last two games. If we used the DI-AA system we would be a shoe-in. It is not uncommon for 3 loss teams to make the playoffs in I-AA.

Bisonfan1234
11-04-2003, 04:11 PM
If Winona drops out there is no way the can justify sending 3 MIAA teams. However, if Pitt drops out then they may very well put CMSU instead of NDSU at 4.

NDSU_grad
11-04-2003, 06:29 PM
Bison1234,
I think you're right, but Central Missouri plays Emporia after Pitt. Basically, if CMSU beats Pitt, we should be in the playoffs.

GFBisonFan
11-05-2003, 05:56 PM
If CMSU wins out, then they are the only MIAA team with one loss (they still play emporia st and pitt state). The best scenario is if they split with the above, leaving two MIAA teams with 2 losses.

Above all Winona needs to lose. If this happens, we are in (I would assume so at least).

Needless to say, we need to win out first and foremost!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
11-05-2003, 06:29 PM
That's right. Any Bison loss and it is "Who gives a shit" time.