PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Schedule

Jav_Fan
11-03-2003, 08:33 PM
If you have trouble filling out your schedule in 2004, give A&M-Kingsville a call. We have an open date early in the season, and it will be tough to fill. I know y'all are looking to play DI or I-AA teams, but we could be a nice consolation.

Hope to see you in Florence!!

Bisonguy
11-03-2003, 10:30 PM
NDSU is looking for teams to play next year. There are some I-AA's on the schedule, but there will also be some DII's (SDSU, UNO, MSU-Mankato, and UND) are all possibilities. With no conference games, I think the AD will be looking for any good opponenets he can get.

89rabbit
11-03-2003, 10:49 PM
NDSU is looking for teams to play next year. There are some I-AA's on the schedule, but there will also be some DII's (SDSU, UNO, MSU-Mankato, and UND) are all possibilities. With no conference games, I think the AD will be looking for any good opponenets he can get.

Hey Bisonguy, we will be I-AA like you. Don't lump us in with UNO, UND, Upper Iowa, and Newberry. >:( I am sure that NDSU and SDSU will play each other next year, the ADs are just working out the details. ;D

Go SDSU!

Bisonguy
11-03-2003, 10:54 PM
I'm not lumping our I-AA buddies into the same category as a DII team. It's just that next year we're both in DII/DI-AA purgatory. :-/ Not a full blown I-AA, yet ;D

89rabbit
11-03-2003, 10:55 PM
Fair enough.

Go SDSU!
Go NDSU!

ndsubison
11-04-2003, 12:11 AM
If you have trouble filling out your schedule in 2004, give A&M-Kingsville a call. *We have an open date early in the season, and it will be tough to fill. *I know y'all are looking to play DI or I-AA teams, but we could be a nice consolation.

Hope to see you in Florence!!

Sorry, Jav Man, but the last two times we played you guys we blew you out of the FargoDome by over 30 points, even when you came in ranked higher than The Herd nationally. Playing Kingsville no longer has the luster it once had. It was fun watching all your players talking trash before the game and then handing their @sses to them, though. Musta been a long, quiet plane ride back to TX :-X :o :-[ :-*

Tatanka
11-04-2003, 02:24 AM
Whoa, there.

TAMUK would be a heck of a game. They are a perennial powerhouse (with a few off years, much like our local heros)

Sure, we would all expect a Bison victory (like the last few times) but consider the alternatives: Mankato? Please. If we're going to play D-2 schools (which we will no doubt) let's at least play good D-2 schools, and not mimic UND's "schedule".

BisonBizzo
11-04-2003, 03:18 AM
TAMUK is a quality program. In 2000, the Bison had a hell of a team and TAMUK had a down year. The end result, a Bison rout. If the Bison are in need of another game, why not TAMUK. It would be a good game for next year, specially if the NCC teams turn against from playing us.

WYOBISONMAN
11-04-2003, 03:37 AM
I think that TAMUK would be a solid chice to fill in gaps that may exist in our first year at D1AA. And....I agree....NO CROOKSTON PLEASE....(GAG). I also think that anyone from the NSIC would make me ill........we are above that.

Bisonfan1234
11-04-2003, 03:49 AM
If there bison were to stay D2 i would look at playing some eastern US teams (Saginaw Valley, Grand Valley, Carson-Newman, Catawba, Tusculum again, Valdosta, North Alabama, Delta)

ndsubison
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
I am aware that TAMUK is indeed a quality program. I am also aware that they have/had a tendency to choke in some of the "big" games, whether it's to the Bison or to some team they coulda/shoulda routed in the playoffs. They consistently send more players to the pros than any other DII school in the country, yet as a "team", they underachieve. We all know that a cast of all-stars doesn't necessarily win national championships. I guess I just had to get a jab or two in because I was at both TAMUK games and I didn't like they way their players came out talking trash and acting like they were too good to be coming to Fargo, ND to play some "cornfed white-boy school". I also remember that after one of the schellackings TAMUK took in the FargoDome when a good majority of their players wouldn't even shake hands with the Bison afterwords. That's pretty bad. I have respect for TAMUK's program, but they have a ways to go before they will be in the same class as 'SU.

ndsubison
11-04-2003, 07:08 PM
I agree about bringing in some of the eastern teams. I keep hearing about Catawba, Carson-Newman, GVSU, etc and I would like to see NDSU get a crack at every one of them. I really miss those classic battles with Pitt State and I'd like to play Emporia another time because we "owe" them one from a few years back when Brian Shay and Co. came in and turned the FargoDome on it's ear.

BisonBizzo
11-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Optimism...

Maybe after we make the playoffs this year... We will beat a couple of these teams (Catawba, Carson-Newman, GVSU, TAMUK, Emporia, Pitt St.) in route to our last D2 national championship... Huh!

Jav_Fan
11-07-2003, 06:11 PM
There is only one other team that would be more interesting to face in the championship than NDSU. North Alabama beat us in the championship game in 1994 16-10 and in the semis in 1993 27-25, and it would be nice to even things out a little bit. Of course any team would do, I just want to get there and have the chance to win it all.

Bison7925
11-07-2003, 06:25 PM
Jav Fan,

Wasn't North Alabama found guilty of numerous NCAA violations during their championship years. I always wondered why TAMUK wasn' awarded #1.

Could it be that they are the host school for the title game and the DII committee didn't want to be embarrassed?

BTW the violations were uncovered by the former asst. athletic director from NDSU (Dan Summy) when he took over the AD post.

Jav_Fan
11-07-2003, 08:31 PM
Did not know that they had problems. Nonetheless, if we would have taken care of business on the field it would not matter.

roadwarrior
11-07-2003, 10:43 PM
If i remember correctly, Northern Alabama kind of forget to keep track of how many football scholarships they had granted in their championship years. It turned out they awarded many more than allowed. Wasnt it somewhere near 60?