PDA

View Full Version : St. Cloud State game

enforcer
10-31-2003, 05:00 PM
I am planning on going to the SCSU game. I see that their stadium holds only 4,000. Will I need to get tickets in advance? Or are there usually plenty of open seats?. I suppose there will be a couple of thousand Bison fans there.

Enforcer

BisonBizzo
10-31-2003, 05:14 PM
But there will only be 500 SCSU fans, so you should be ok... j/k

I really don't know... I hear they don't get a lot of fans, so being outside in November, plus their team looks like they are not contending for the playoffs, I would guess they would not sell out. I would think in a stadium like that they would bring in bleachers if the tickets kept selling. So I wouldn't worry about it.

Bisonguy
10-31-2003, 05:17 PM
I just called the ticket office (1-877-SCSUTIX) and they said that there will be tickets available. Season tickets are only $25, so I doubt everyone in St. Cloud is fighting to get in. They said tickets are $10 and reserved seating.

Does SCSU have bleachers on both sides, or do they make the visiting fans sit by the endzone?

somebison
10-31-2003, 07:05 PM
I have been to a few games at SCSU and bought tickets right before kickoff and had no problems. SCSU has has bleachers on both sides, however the NDSU sideline bleachers are quite small, old and have tended to fill up quite quickly with bison fans, if you are coming with a larger group and planning to sit in the bleachers, I recommend you enter the stadium early.

Bison_Kent
10-31-2003, 08:00 PM
I will be at the game as I planned a work trip to be in southern Minnesota because of the Bison-St. Cloud game. I have contacted the NDSU alumni association and they told me that they will have some tickets and that there is an alumni gathering before the game. Here is a link as to where and when it will be.

http://www.ndsualumni.com/coe/pregame/pregame.htm

Bisonfan1234
10-31-2003, 08:06 PM
I think SCSU has only one main stand on their field in which the visitors sit on the right side and the home fans get the left side (and their is also nicer seats in the middle for higher paying fans).

roadwarrior
10-31-2003, 08:47 PM
I have been to the St Cloud game many times. Most years there are more BISON fans there than Huskie fans. There are small bleachers on the east side, which fill up fast. They are behind the BISON bench. The west side is much larger, but still small. Most of the place is general admission. I have never purchased tickets in advance for the game and have never had a problem getting in. There have been quite a few fans at some games which stand during the game around the field.

There are many BISON fans that arrive early and tailgate on the west side of the field, across from the entrance.

dnk
11-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Can anyone give directions to O'hara's Brew Pub?.
Is it anywhere near the stadium?. Thanks.

huskies679
11-04-2003, 02:22 AM
There are only bleachers on the home side which seat 4000. We have had overflow crowds this year so get there early. Although with our losses and st johns going for the wins record that will lessen the crowd. you can get tickets at the gate. NDSU fans sit on the south side of Selke. THERE IS NO SEATING ON THE NDSU BENCH SIDE.

You can take division st to the scsu turn on fifth ave s (there is a sign) go to 10th st (Halenbeck hall) take a left and go over the mississippi. Selke will be on the left about 3 blocks. park on the street (somewhere)
If you dont want to go through on division you gan go up to the st agusta exit and follow the scsu signs. I DONT RECCOMEND THIS BECAUSE THERE ARE DETOURS AND CONSTRUCTION ON THAT SIDE OF TOWN. YOU CAN GET CAUGHT AT THE 9TH AVE 10THST INTERSECTION FOR A LONG TIME!!!! (4 WAY STOP)

Oharas Brew Pub is at 33ave n and 3 ave n. Or as we say tirdy tird and tird. go north on 33 ave n off of division to third and it is on the left. a HUGE bar and rest. i think they have five bars, 20 pool tables, good food, great micro beers!

dnk
11-04-2003, 03:03 AM
Thanks for the info Huskies.. Are you saying they no
longer have those aluminum bleachers on the visitor
side?....Thanks

huskies679
11-04-2003, 06:16 AM
the metal bleachers are gone. i guess theycant wait for old selke to be torn down. i know i cant.

BisonMav
11-06-2003, 01:47 PM
Nilles from the Grand Forks Herald
Selke Sendoff (http://www.centredaily.com/mld/grandforksherald/sports/7194214.htm)

BisonInTexas
11-06-2003, 02:28 PM
Nilles from the Grand Forks Herald
Selke Sendoff (http://www.centredaily.com/mld/grandforksherald/sports/7194214.htm)

It says it is going to be televised. Does anyone know the satellite coordinates?

Craig

Bisonfan1234
11-06-2003, 03:17 PM
Televised on local cable TV. WDAY might be able to get it to Fargo...but i don't see how you could watch it if you don't live in Saint Cloud or Fargo.

BisonBizzo
11-06-2003, 03:33 PM
Here is a link of the Victory Sports..

http://www.victorysports.com/index.php

Victory Sports is who acquired the Minnesota Twins broadcast of lately. In Fargo CableOne has theatened to drop the Twins, because of their additional costs because they would have to sign-on with Victory.

There is a column on the right-side of the page that has the upper midwest providers. Someone would have to call to see if it is a add-on package. It looks like if you have DirectTV, you might be able to get the game in Fargo... Also MidContinent Communications has it. I think they are in Grand Forks and Bismarck... Once again I am screwed with Cableone!

Trainer
11-06-2003, 04:42 PM
These Cable TV Companies don't carry Victory Sports One:
Charter Communications 1-800-581-0081
Comcast 651-222-3333
DIRECTV 651-407-7095
1-800-494-4388
Dish Network 1-800-333-3474
Mediacom 1-800-332-0245
MidContinent Communications 1-800-888-1300
Time Warner 612-522-2000

These Cable TV Companies do:
Hiawatha Broadband Communications:
Winona
Minnesota City
Goodview
St. Charles

Ace Communications:
La Crescent
Houston
Rushford
Caledonia

HickoryTech Communications
St. Peter - Channel 25

FTTH Communications:
Rosemount

Range Television Cable Co., Inc.
Hibbing

Lakefield Municipal Utilities & Cable TV
Lakefield

K-Communications Inc. - Channel 25
Ruthton
Holland
Woodstock

SS Telecom
Milbank, SD

As of this time, the availability of Victory Sports One is limited. I believe the major cable companies think VSO is asking to much and want the channel included on extended basic packages. I've heard it's something like 2 dollars per subscriber. *The big cable companies want to include the channel in their premium package (if you want it you pay for it). So it may be a long time before most of us see the Victory Sports One channel. So the best thing to do is make a plan for a trip to St. Cloud on Saturday if you want to see the game.....

BisonMav
11-06-2003, 06:10 PM
I called the Dishnetwork in the Twin Cities and they didn't know about Victory Sports.

BisonBizzo
11-06-2003, 08:16 PM
Clever VSO, list the companies you are not part of to look like you are to increase the call volume. So DirectTV doesn't have it. Well that sucks, the game will be televised and no one can watch it. Unless you go to Hibbing, Winona, or Milbank, SD. Wait, it might just be easier driving to St. Cloud!

bisonaudit
11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
FYI:

Victory Sports is owned by the Twins.

More precisely Victory Sports and the Twins are owned by the same holding company, which is, in turn owned by Mr. Pollad.

The Twins contract with FOX has expired, so all Twins games will be on Victory Sports going forward.

Victory Sport's idea is to buy up enough local sports programing (Twin Cities extended) Gophers, Twins, Wild, Timberwolves, NCC, WCHA, etc. to make the package attractive to viewers and the cable companies.

They're really just getting off the ground and none of the cable companies are going to make a serious move in negotiating a fee until we get much closer to a major sports season for which Victory Sports holds the rights. (currently just the Twins).

Two weeks ago did anyone expect to see the St. Cloud game on TV anyway?

Apply all the pressure you want to the cable companies, but don't expect them to get serious until major add dollars and viewership are on the line (i.e. April '04).

JBB
11-06-2003, 11:34 PM
I would gladly pay the $. I called Charter and they said they were in negotiations. They put my name on a list of people that wanted it. I would hope NDSU would get on.

nickeltrophy
11-08-2003, 09:14 PM
GO HUSKIES, IT IS 27-10 NOW, THE BISON WON'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS, GO D-1!!!!!!!!!! THE SIOUX ARE WINNING, WHY CAN'T THE BISON?