PDA

View Full Version : NDSU TV

JahGriz
11-10-2003, 09:16 PM
hola from grizville bison fans. Not sure if this was already posted. But I was flipping thru channels on Direct TV and found a channel right in with the ESPN channels call Football America or something like that. I started watching to see what the deal was and the program was talking about NDSU and UND football. There were coach interviews and clips from practice, etc. The program must have been kind of old, as it didn't seem to be your current coach talking. Anyway, just and FYI. I only watched a bit of it, but it was very cool, and flattering for ND schools and the football tradition within.

Bisonguy
11-10-2003, 09:36 PM
Thanks JahGriz.

I think the name of the show was Football America, and the segment about NDSU/UND was called "Fire and Ice", which is from the early -mid 90's.

Bison_Kent
11-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Jah,

This was an old TNT network show, I think from 1995. NDSU-UND is one of the longest running football rivalries in the country and (now I can say it) was the longest rivalry in DII. I believe this year's game was the 110th meeting between the two schools.

By the way, both school's coaches are no longer the current coaches from the 1995 season. Rocky Hager was the coach of the Bison then and Roger Thomas was UND's coach.

NDSU had another coach (Babich) in between then and now until this season when Craig Bohl took over this season.

JahGriz
11-10-2003, 11:25 PM
I only caught less than 5 minutes of it. But now that you mention it the part I did see talked about the rivalry. I think the channel was NFL TV, because I was wondering what NDSU was doing on NFL TV. Anyway, thanks for the extra info guys. Hope to see another Griz/Bison game in the next few years. Good luck in I-AA, I'm sure we'll be hearing about ya.