PDA

View Full Version : Regional Rankings Predictions

BisonMav
11-16-2003, 02:36 PM
IMHO Pitt St and Emporia had their playoff games yesterday and lost. I would rank the teams like this.

1. UND 9-1 vs DII
2. Winona St 10-1 vs DII
3. NDSU 7-2 vs DII
4. Central Missouri 8-2 vs DII
5. Emporia St 9-2 vs DII
6. Pitt St. 9-2 vs DII

It would be nice if it happens this way.

WYOBISONMAN
11-16-2003, 03:28 PM
I want it to happen that way, but I just think there is not enough out there for the Bison to jump into the top 4. We needed that St. Cloud win to make a strong statement (or a Winona loss). I do think NDSU is far superior to anything in the NSIC. This playoff selection methodology is a F**kin joke in D2. II am glad we are leaving.

Bison_Kent
11-16-2003, 03:47 PM
I think Pitt State might be the team from the MIAA even though they lost yesterday. But Emporia losing at home will hurt them and I think will help NDSU get in. NDSU for sure has the tie breakers over the over three MIAA schools. I think (after thinking over night) it will wind up this way.

1. UND
2. Winona State
3. NDSU
4. Pitt State

NDSU will be #3 since the committee won't want to see two teams from the same conference play in the opening round even though I think NDSU really should be ranked #4.

BisonFan
11-16-2003, 03:50 PM
If only NDSU's whalloping of CSP would count for more considering CSP beat Winona...if only the Tusculum game this year could have been against Winona!

WYOBISONMAN
11-16-2003, 03:59 PM
Kent, I hope you are right. I would love nothing more than to be totally wrong on this one.....

NDSU_grad
11-16-2003, 04:11 PM
Is the selection show at noon CST? If it is, could somebody post the results here right away? I don't get ESPN news.

Bison_Kent
11-16-2003, 04:22 PM
Yes, the DII playoff announcements will be at noon today on ESPN News. I get this so I can post the pairings when I see them.

Bisonfan1
11-16-2003, 04:25 PM
selection show is at noon, carried live on wday 970 AM, you can bet there will be alot of posts after announcement. I dont have time to check for you, but maybe you can go to the wday home page and get a connection through there to listen ? I am hoping for a big early christmas present at noon. GO BISON

BisonBizzo
11-16-2003, 04:32 PM
If we don't get in, screw division II.

What does this division tell us, if you have 36 schollies, we want you to play schools with 12 schollies rather than schools with 50, oh and also, if you beat a school with 12 schollies you will be rewarded more than if you beat a school with 50 schollies. At least that is Roger Thomas' point of view.

I hope this attitude is changed, right now. With the Bison getting in. Roger can shove a dirty foot in his mouth. Hell, he can do that anyhow.

Bisonfan1
11-16-2003, 04:48 PM
Bison Kent, I have to tend to agree with your reasoning, I heard many times over at the game from people they wont pair 2 teams from the same region in the first round. But does that mean they wont, or cant? I would sure hate to see us bumped because we shouldnt be playing the Sue the first round, I really think we are going to get in today if that factor can be left out of any decisions. #4 ranked in the region is reasonable for the Bison record and against who they have played vs other teams records.

Bisonfan1234
11-16-2003, 04:59 PM
Our only shot was if Winona was out so there could be 2 MIAA teams and 2 NCC teams. Winona won and is now not only in but hosting.

Pitt St and Emporia St were thinking the same thing of us in our loss to SCSU (that was their playoff game and they lost...so now they're out). But we didn't get dropped...we stayed #5 even after losing. So why should we expect THEM to drop after a loss?

Bison_Kent
11-16-2003, 05:02 PM
Emporia will drop due to their home loss. You loss more ground if you loss at home then you do if you loss on the road (I think).

C-Student
11-16-2003, 05:02 PM
1 - UND
2 - Winona St.
3 - NDSU
4 - Emporia St.

Determining factor is "what message the selection committee wants to send".....may want to stick it to us one last time ??

Bisonfan1
11-16-2003, 05:11 PM
Someone had the winning percentages against winning teams all fiquired out, this is clearly in the Bisons favor, the fact we held onto the #5 ranking was a very good sign. As someone mentioned, if they do not go by just record alone, and pick the 4 best teams, The Bison are in, and yes i would expect Pitt State and Emp. to drop a spot, with all having 2 losses against DII teams and who they were beaten by, this clearly favors the Bison in my opinion. 50 minutes to showtime.

wfbison
11-16-2003, 05:23 PM
1. UND
2. Winona
3. Pitt St
4. NDSU

NDSU will play at Winona, Pitt St at UND. Similar to 2000, NDSU was #3 but played at #1 NWMS to avoid conference match-ups in the first round.

Out of the 5 MIAA teams, NWMS lost to SDSU, they are done. Mo West lost to Winona, they are done. Pitt St has a tougher non-conference schedule and beats out CMSU and Emporia because head to head is a tie. Pitt beat CMSU, CMSU beat Emporia, Emporia beat Pitt. CMSU beats Emporia on the road in the last week but has a weak ass non-conference schedule. NDSU's sos finally comes into play and somehow they will get the last spot.

Then again if politics comes into play, the committee and the NCAA can screw NDSU one last time if they choose and there isn't anything we can do. If so, F@#K YOU D2 AND GOOD BYE!

insane_ponderer
11-16-2003, 05:23 PM
with emporia and pitt losing and the bison getting a big win yesterday...and since its our last year in d2 with und not knowing what they are doing...i think its the football gods telling us they want to see one more bison vs. und game...in the playoffs.

Bisonguy
11-16-2003, 06:10 PM
@#$%@#%!@#!

UND vs. Pitt St.

Winona vs. Emporia

bisonjay
11-16-2003, 06:11 PM
complete god damn bull%#$@%^%@
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh