PDA

View Full Version : Recruiting

dnk
10-20-2003, 08:49 PM
I know recruiting has come up before but I think it
deserves to be looked at in more detail. This coaching
staff has played or coached in like 15 different states.
They include Nebr, Okla, NCar, Mich, Ill, Mo, Ia, Wash,
Pa, Calif, Tex, Ore, Nev and Ohio.. This includes large
metro area like Dallas and Houston.. This is huge!!.
Along with that I think Coach Bohl has been quoted as
saying he has visited every or nearly every High School
in North Dakota. Plus we have Brent Vigen as
recruiting coordinator and Casey Bradley as local talent.
Hopefully Coach Bohl can keep this staff together long
enough to establish a base in all of these states and
cities. Exciting times in Bison Athletics..

Bisonguy
10-20-2003, 09:10 PM
Bohl already stated that Chicago, Detroit, and Houston would be major targets after the regional areas including Minneapolis and Milwaukee. It will be interesting to see what kind of athletes they can get out of Detroit and Houston. Babich's staff did a good job in Chicago last year.

Bisonfan1234
10-21-2003, 04:06 PM
Omaha and Des Moines may also be targets.

Also i think a few of the coaches have coached in the CFL...might a Canadian prospect or 2 be out of the picture?

I know UND got a highly talented DB out of Winnipeg this year.

BisonMav
11-06-2003, 01:39 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=43538

Sounds like NDSU and Minnesota in the running for Dustin Martin of Moorhead, 6'2" - 295lbs.

KTF
11-06-2003, 08:18 PM
Bohl stated on Bisonfeedback on tuesday that he was going to go after D-Line first. Then filling out the rest of the team with quality players.

JBB
11-06-2003, 11:38 PM
Sounds like Martin would be great on the D line.

Flintstone
11-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Has anybody heard of any other local recruits the Bison are looking at, other than the few that have already been mentioned on this board?

Bisonfan1234
11-07-2003, 05:02 AM
Nick Rydberg, LB, Simley HS, Inver Grove Heights MN.

Placed 5th last year as a junior in the MN state wrestling tournament @ 215. 3 above him have graduated and Massey will probably move up to heavyweight so his cousin Maresh can wrestle at 215.

Got all that off the minnesotapreps board.

Bisonguy
11-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Looks like there might be another QB coming in from Baine, MN. Didn't NDSU have a QB from Blaine a while back? Jeff Somethingortheother? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Didn't catch the name, but he's 6'2" 190, and can run and throw. Details on the 10 oclock WDAY news.

Bisonguy
11-08-2003, 04:39 AM
The QB is Ryan Parsons. It looks like he can run and throw. He had a nice long TD run in the highlights against Moorhead on the news tonight. Sounds like he can run the *cough* option, scramble, and pass.

Here's some info-Chasing Parsons: Blaine quarterback can do no wrong but has had humbling moments (http://www.abcnewspapers.com/2003/September/17parsons.html)

Looks like he has some wheels (this link is for Tony ;D)-Look at the boys 60m hurdles results (http://www.nscsports.org/track_field/results/gb_results3_25_03.html)

BisonMav
11-10-2003, 01:43 AM
Cavalier should have a prospect or two?

23 game winning streak and a 62-8 playoff win over Valley City.

Tornadoes pour it on (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=43763)

BisonInTexas
11-10-2003, 02:05 AM
Cavalier should have a prospect or two?

23 game winning streak and a 62-8 playoff win over Valley City.

Tornadoes pour it on (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=43763)

Go Tornadoes! ;D

Cavalier always has been a island of Bison recruiting up there in Sioux country. Oksendahl has always been a fan of NDSU.

Craig

Bisonfan1234
11-10-2003, 03:28 AM
We got Rob Hunt from Cavalier so they do have a D1 caliber athlete now and then.

But just because a *team* is good doesn't mean their are tons of D1 players on it. Especially at small schools.

But i won't deny that their very well could be D1 talent on the team.

filbert
11-10-2003, 05:01 AM
Something about the DI move for both SDSU and NDSU: *Whatever level of local college athletics that state high school athletes are regularly exposed to, that's the level that they'll tend to work towards. *Today, it's D-II in N. and S. Dakota (with a few exceptional athletes going to D-I - Like Boschee to KU and Miller to Florida in Basketball, for instance). *

With both NDSU and SDSU at D-I, I'd expect to see more high school athletes working harder to make themselves into D-I athletes. *Meaning that the overall number of in-state athletes on both rosters will not probably be much different five years from now.

Another reason why NDSU and SDSU need to be D-I.

BisonWarrior
11-10-2003, 03:23 PM
filbert...great post. I totally agree. By the way, this Friday and Saturday is the Dakota Bowl at the Fargo Dome. ND high school football championships. If you want to see some of these recruits come to these games. There should be some prettly good football. Friday at 1:30 is 9 man, in the evening is Class A, Saturday after the Bison game is Class AA and Sat evening is Class AAA.

Bison_Kent
11-10-2003, 03:29 PM
Have to through out kuddos to my home town team in LaMoure. The Loboes are in the State title game for the first time since I was in High School in 1991. I believe LaMoure plays Velva for the title.

IL_Bison
11-10-2003, 07:50 PM
Yeah, Velva beat my hometown (Powers Lake, co-op with Stanley) to get to the title game. I wish I was back in ND to watch the 'Dakota Bowl'.

somebison
11-16-2003, 04:44 AM
Tyler Roehl looks to be a very nice recruit for the bison. He was running all over people in the dakota bowl as he had 30 carries for 203 yards and 2TD's

wfduck
11-16-2003, 10:39 AM
Saw coach Bohl at both games on Friday. Bellquist looked pretty good for New Rockford.

Have to say Bison Kent that Loboe Michael Arndt as a sophomore looks just as tough as his brother Bison Derek. Any chance he'll were the Green and Gold?

bisononce
11-16-2003, 04:34 PM
to the duck: The colors are green and YELLOW, not gold. What's this gold stuff? Our radio announcers also fond of saying, "...gold." The Turk

wfduck
11-16-2003, 05:44 PM
it's intentional ;)

fall out from the scream Y#!!&W. I swore that color off.

sorry...

sausage
11-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Watching the Dakota Bowl, I was impressed with that big Sampson kid from Cavalier and O'Neill from West Fargo. Cavalier's quarterback, Oksendahl, is a prospect too. Nice arm and toughness.