PDA

View Full Version : Is the MIAA overrated?

ndsubison
11-22-2003, 10:38 PM
Wow. Winona beats Emporia :-[ and the Gorillas give the game away to the suck. I didn't think that suzie played all that spectacular as much as Pitt State seemed to screw up at inopportune times. Not to mention the fact that it looked as if Pitt wasn't even in to the game. They sure looked like they didn't want it too much. Now und gets Winona at home and I doubt they'll too much trouble with the Warriors. Looks like we'll have to wait two more weeks until somebody exposes und. I am not impressed in the least.

89rabbit
11-22-2003, 10:40 PM
Not just yes, but hell yes. SDSU beat NWMSU (one of the many Champions) 21-0. For the most part they have always been overrated.

Go SDSU!

Bisonfan1234
11-22-2003, 10:59 PM
Someone said that having 5 teams tie for the conference title suggested mediocrity.

I didn't think so until today.

JBB
11-23-2003, 03:02 PM
The best team in that league had to stay home too. PSU just isnt ready for prime time D2 football. There are D2 teams with a capital D and then those with a small d.

SDSUFAN
11-24-2003, 03:55 AM
I guess a case can be made for being over-rated on the basis of one season. Over a period of time though, the competition from the MIAA has been good. I think they have at least been progressive at the NCAA conventions and voted to keep the 36 scholarship level. I will give them credit for that. Its a shame within D2, there are not more conferences that share their outlook and want to take their programs to new levels.

Having a 5 way tie for first is weird and doesnt happen often in a 10 team round robin. The playoff system has gotten worse in D2 with the new rules and maybe its a good thing its behind NDSU/SDSU and UNC. The move to D1AA has a purpose.

tony
11-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Emporia was over-rated; Pittsburg was not.

Factoid #1: In the MIAA, the teams other than the Big Two have gone 0-6 in the playoffs.

Factoid #2: The NCC has never been swept out of the playoffs when they get more than one team in. The MIAA has gotten swept out two of the last four years.

IMO, the MIAA's bottom four teams this year could have played every team in the NCC and they'd have gone 0-28.

WYOBISONMAN
11-24-2003, 03:52 PM
No doubt the MIAA is WWEEAAKK. Clearly the most over rated conference in D2.