PDA

View Full Version : Pitt State and UND

Bison4Life
11-22-2003, 09:26 PM
Wow Pitt State doesn't want that football game. 5 turnovers. Talk about some sloppy play. UND leads 14 to 7 in the 3rd.

KTF
11-22-2003, 09:53 PM
17-14 4minutes left

KTF
11-22-2003, 09:54 PM
Eddies going nuts, rats UND score!:(

Bison4Life
11-22-2003, 10:06 PM
Und is gonna win it. 6 turnovers for Pitt State 7 if you include the fumbled snap on 4th down and 1 from there own 29.

Bison4Life
11-22-2003, 10:19 PM
well 8 turnovers total if you include on the one of the fumbled snap on 4th down.

bisononce
11-23-2003, 12:21 AM
"Eddies going nuts," and I can't stand it. You know what gang, we gotta just look on. Now it's over for us (no win over Sioux, no NCC, and no more chances at Sue). You've got to swallow hard and hand it to 'em. They beat us again, and again. They get the championship, again, and they're on their way in the playoffs (did I fail to mention - again?).

Anybody think Winona will do anything ???

GFBisonFan
11-23-2003, 03:36 AM
I feel this proves that the MIAA was not deserving of two bids and we should have gotten one.

No, I don't think Winona will do anything. IMHO Winona is overmatched against upper tier NCC schools and their season will end next weeknd.

I know that this will bring on reactions from UND fans, but did anyone catch the size of the crowd for a first round playoff game. A lot of empty seats in the main sections and the end two sections on each side in each end zone (eight total) were practically empty (almost completely). Seemed pretty weak. I don't anticipate much more for next week against Winona.

Here sioux fans let me start the barrage for you.
1. "hey bison fans, what is your average crowd for playoff games in the fargodome-that's right, you haven't had one, ha, ha, ha, ha. Good luck in DI"
2. "What's the average crowd for your hockey team..... ha, ha, ha, ha you don't have one."

Seem funny that their responses are so predictable that they don't even have to post because we know what's coming. No smack intended, just an observation.

GFBison
11-23-2003, 04:40 AM
I think I heard 7200.

Bisonguy
11-23-2003, 04:49 AM
They had 7,160 to be exact. (from the boxscore)

GFBison
11-23-2003, 05:03 AM
I was close, my source said mid 7000's, usually that would be around 7500, I subtracted 300 for the Sioux fudge factor. I forgot to subtract the extra 40 that passed out in the parking lot.

fight_on_sioux
11-23-2003, 05:22 AM
I blame the crowd on the game being televised. There is no way a poor college student like myself is going to shell out 5 bucks and battle the parking lot when I can sit at home and watch the game on TV. :)

About the game. Pitt State should have won, but couldn't hold onto the ball. Philpot is an okay qb, but made some dumb passes. Pitt State's defense was pretty good. Even though they gave up a lot of rushing yards they shut down the UND passing attack and held the Gorillas in it all game. Well, its Winona Sate next week for UND, and another week of bickering about their hate for UND for Bison fans. ;)

89rabbit
11-23-2003, 06:18 AM
I blame the crowd on the game being televised. *There is no way a poor college student like myself is going to shell out 5 bucks and battle the parking lot when I can sit at home and watch the game on TV. * :)

You have got to be kidding me, you didn't have $5 to watch history. *That is what a playoff run is every time. *Its not like we are talking about the Newberry game, this is your team in the NCAA play-offs. Get your butt off your couch and go cheer for your University. * ::) *So sad! * :(

Go State!

P.S. I notice your signature says "happy to defend the University of North Dakota". I guess you need to add unless it is going to cost me $5. Weak. :(

Charger
11-23-2003, 10:49 AM
I gotta agree with you there, that is really weak. I'm also a poor college student, but I still support my teams. I just eat ramen for a month and it comes out about even. ;)

JBB
11-23-2003, 02:56 PM
I thought it was a good game. They play a fun kind of football in D2 and have some good players. Im sure its exciting for all the kids to get into a big game atmosphere playoff game in front of over 7,000 fans. Obviously with the limited resources these teams have you cant really expect to see the kind of football played in the higher divisions, but its fun and some of these teams might be able to play with the big schools. Im not sure who plays in the division but I guess they have a regional round robin before they let the kids travel. Thats a good way for them to save money so they can afford supplies. But what an experience for those grand forks kids! Its fun for everybody. Good luck in the future. I think they play St. Johns next week?

89rabbit
11-23-2003, 03:06 PM
I thought it was a good game. *They play a fun kind of football in D2 and have some good players. *Im sure its exciting for all the kids to get into a big game atmosphere playoff game in front of over 7,000 fans. *Obviously with the limited resources these teams have you cant really expect to see the kind of football played in the higher divisions, but its fun and some of these teams might be able to play with the big schools. *Im not sure who plays in the division but I guess they have a regional round robin before they let the kids travel. *Thats a good way for them to save money so they can afford supplies. *But what an experience for those grand forks kids! *Its fun for everybody. *Good luck in the future. I think they play St. Johns next week? *

LOL! ;D Good one JBB!

Dirty
11-23-2003, 05:02 PM
You can't shell out $5 to watch UND play? Please. I don't give a damn if the game is on TV or not, get your butt to the game and watch it. ::)

The student section was relatively full, at least there was that much. The ends though were more barren than Kupchella's head. I was very dissappointed in the number of people at the game. Hopefully next week, people won't be so damn cheap. I doubt it though. :-/

Bisonfan1234
11-23-2003, 06:40 PM
I gotta agree with you there, that is really weak. *I'm also a poor college student, but I still support my teams. *I just eat ramen for a month and it comes out about even. *;)

I think students get in for free.

Bisonguy
11-23-2003, 07:53 PM
For playoff games it's $5 for students.

Bisonfan1234
11-23-2003, 07:58 PM
And the student section was full.

How much was it for gen admission?

Dirty
11-23-2003, 08:03 PM
How much was it for gen admission?

$16.50. People are just too damn lazy and cheap. What the hell else is there to do?

airmail
11-24-2003, 12:55 AM
I thought it was a good game. *They play a fun kind of football in D2 and have some good players. *Im sure its exciting for all the kids to get into a big game atmosphere playoff game in front of over 7,000 fans. *Obviously with the limited resources these teams have you cant really expect to see the kind of football played in the higher divisions, but its fun and some of these teams might be able to play with the big schools. *Im not sure who plays in the division but I guess they have a regional round robin before they let the kids travel. *Thats a good way for them to save money so they can afford supplies. *But what an experience for those grand forks kids! *Its fun for everybody. *Good luck in the future. I think they play St. Johns next week? *

"And the fox, dejected and angry of his failure, dropped his head and began walking away from the tree. As he walked, he said to himself, "those grapes were probably sour anyway."

Bison_Jerky
11-24-2003, 03:27 AM
You have got to be kidding me, you didn't have $5 to watch history. *That is what a playoff run is every time. *Its not like we are talking about the Newberry game, this is your team in the NCAA play-offs. Get your butt off your couch and go cheer for your University. * ::) *So sad! * :(

Go State!

P.S. I notice your signature says "happy to defend the University of North Dakota". *I guess you need to add unless it is going to cost me $5. *Weak. * :(

I agree! Get out there!

fight_on_sioux
11-24-2003, 03:52 AM
Yeah, I should've went to the game, just a sorry excuse for me I guess. :-/

Who do the Bison play next week JBB?

89Rabbit, I went to just about every football game this year, and shelled out the 60 bucks for student tickets for hockey, when your school does something impressive in athletics let me know. (womens basketball doesn't count)

SDSUFAN
11-24-2003, 04:01 AM
Why doesn't Women's basketball count? *Is it because UND failed to win the NC last year? I suppose it did count when UND did win. *This is what I find so troubling about UND fans, they seem to have so much self importance and if they are not the winners, its not important. *;D

Offical count of attendence 7156. HMMMM ???
It makes wonder also if the REA-Alerius competition is beginning to show its ugly results. *Compare with 2001 attendence for the playoff games, The Alerus and the REA were both new and novel. Some of that has wore off.

89rabbit
11-24-2003, 05:06 AM

89Rabbit, I went to just about every football game this year, and shelled out the 60 bucks for student tickets for hockey, when your school does something impressive in athletics let me know. (womens basketball doesn't count)

You went to "just about every football game", except the playoff game, this makes me question your judgement (your choice of schools also does that *;)).

As far as impressive lets talk Mens B-Ball. *I know this is a subject that most Sioux Fans don't want to discuss (Nice game against Mary *:o ;D :o blown out by a NAIA school :-[). *We are ranked # 5 in the country. We have one National Chamionship and a Runner-UP. * We have been to 23 NCAA tournements (and yes the last time SDSU hosted a Play-off we had more people in the seats for Basketball then you did for football) 4th most all time, 20 NCC chammpionships (most in conference histroy) *What you got in Mens Basketball? *A game with Minot State that you should be worried about. * ;)

If you truly want to see something impressive, bring your date to the UND vs SDSU basketball game on Valentines Day. * :-* *We will be putting on a show!

Go Jacks!

fight_on_sioux
11-24-2003, 05:15 AM
[quote author=SDSUFAN link=board=news;num=1069536375;start=15#23 date=11/23/03 at 22:01:04]Why doesn't Women's basketball count? *Is it because UND failed to win the NC last year? I suppose it did count when UND did win. *This is what I find so troubling about UND fans, they seem to have so much self importance and if they are not the winners, its not important. *;D
quote]

Of course it counted when UND won it....... ::)

The one womens basketball game I went to last year happened to be when UND beat SDSU in Grand Forks because a girl I know plays for the team. If UND would of lost that game, I wouldn't of cared, and I really didn't care that they won. People were so happy that it was a "great game" and I was looking around like, "whats so great about this?" Give me all the crap in the world for missing the football game, I deserve it, but don't fall back on womens basketball.

D
11-24-2003, 05:57 AM
It odd to have SDSU fans criticizing Sioux fans when it comes to football. As a Sioux fan, I can take a jab from a Bison fan in football, based on the fact that I can respect all that they've accomplished in the sport, but a Bunny fan in football? 1 game over or under .500 every year, never in the playoffs. It's like a Sioux fan giving a Bison fan a dig on wrestling, what have we done, we dropped it. What have you done? Bison have tradition, the Sioux do too but to a lesser extent but have been domnant the last 15 years, and the Bunnys..............are about 10 games under .500 the last 40 years. Stay in the basketball threads, at least what you say can be taken seriously.

89rabbit
11-24-2003, 06:21 AM
It odd to have SDSU fans criticizing Sioux fans when it comes to football. *As a Sioux fan, I can take a jab from a Bison fan in football, based on the fact that I can respect all that they've accomplished in the sport, but a Bunny fan in football? *1 game over or under .500 every year, never in the playoffs. *It's like a Sioux fan giving a Bison fan a dig on wrestling, what have we done, we dropped it. *What have you done? *Bison have tradition, the Sioux do too but to a lesser extent but have been domnant the last 15 years, and the Bunnys..............are about 10 games under .500 the last 40 years. *Stay in the basketball threads, at least what you say can be taken seriously.

Take the time to read the posts before you respond to them. *The "bunnies" where not critizing your ability to play football. *The criticism was directed at one fans lack of support for your program. *Another Sioux fan agreed with me, heck even the guy we are talking about admits he should have gone. *That is what it happening on this thread. *

That being said, I guess I will move back to the basketball threads so I can be taken seriously. *Probably won't see you there however, because even if we have not been a power in football, we haven't been drilled by any NAIA schools either. *Mary 86 Sue 54! * :o :-[ :o

teamsioux
11-24-2003, 02:57 PM
UND had the 2nd highest attendance of the 8 games on Sat., so when looking at the big picture, it wasn't so bad.

Bison4Life
11-24-2003, 03:08 PM
yeah but thats still pretty pathetic the second highest and it was a playoff game I mean come on.

fight_on_sioux
11-24-2003, 06:46 PM
You went to "just about every football game", except the playoff game, this makes me question your judgement (your choice of schools also does that *;)).

As far as impressive lets talk Mens B-Ball. *I know this is a subject that most Sioux Fans don't want to discuss (Nice game against Mary *:o ;D :o blown out by a NAIA school :-[). *We are ranked # 5 in the country. We have one National Chamionship and a Runner-UP. * We have been to 23 NCAA tournements (and yes the last time SDSU hosted a Play-off we had more people in the seats for Basketball then you did for football) 4th most all time, 20 NCC chammpionships (most in conference histroy) *What you got in Mens Basketball? *A game with Minot State that you should be worried about. * ;)

If you truly want to see something impressive, bring your date to the UND vs SDSU basketball game on Valentines Day. * :-* *We will be putting on a show!

Go Jacks!

I could really care less about basketball. Like I mentioned in a previous post on the topic I really don't care that UND got beat by 32 points by Mary. Yes UND basketball fans should be embarrassed but I don't consider basketball a sport, so there is nothing to be embarrassed about.

And on Valentines day I will be watching the #1 hockey team in the nation take on Colorado College in hockey at the nicest college hockey facility in the nation. If I took any female to a DII basketball game that would make me a loser. :'(

JBB
11-24-2003, 07:00 PM
Remember, approach them cautiously. Their sense of superiority is so great your in danger of being bored to death. I think we are at that point now.

Dirty
11-24-2003, 07:14 PM
That's because the conversation has turned to basketball, perhaps the most boring sport there is.

89rabbit
11-24-2003, 07:26 PM
that would make me a loser. :'(

Haven't will already covered that topic. * ;) ;D Just kidding, couldn't help myself.

89rabbit
11-24-2003, 07:28 PM
And on Valentines day I will be watching the #1 hockey team in the nation take on Colorado College in hockey at the nicest college hockey facility in the nation. *If I took any female to a DII basketball game that would make me a loser. :'(

Nice use of the word "hockey". * ;)

89rabbit
11-24-2003, 07:29 PM
That's because the conversation has turned to basketball, perhaps the most boring sport there is.

That is why no one watches March Madness. ;) 8)

GFBisonFan
11-24-2003, 11:10 PM

See my previous post in this thread, so predictable.

89rabbit
11-25-2003, 12:19 AM
I feel this proves that the MIAA was not deserving of two bids and we should have gotten one.

No, I don't think Winona will do anything. *IMHO Winona is overmatched against upper tier NCC schools and their season will end next weeknd.

I know that this will bring on reactions from UND fans, but did anyone catch the size of the crowd for a first round playoff game. *A lot of empty seats in the main sections and the end two sections on each side in each end zone (eight total) were practically empty (almost completely). *Seemed pretty weak. *I don't anticipate much more for next week against Winona.

Here sioux fans let me start the barrage for you.
1. "hey bison fans, what is your average crowd for playoff games in the fargodome-that's right, you haven't had one, ha, ha, ha, ha. *Good luck in DI"
2. *"What's the average crowd for your hockey team..... ha, ha, ha, ha you don't have one."

Seem funny that their responses are so predictable that they don't even have to post because we know what's coming. *No smack intended, just an observation.

Very nice! ;D

fight_on_sioux
11-25-2003, 08:22 AM
See my previous post in this thread, so predictable.

Where did I say anything about the Fargodome? JBB was talking some smack about who UND plays next week so I gave him some smack about who the Bison play next week.

I didn't say anything about NDSU not having a hockey team. I simply said that instead of watching SDSU and UND play basketball I will be watching the UND hockey game, because I paid for those tickets and I find hockey much more interesting than pumpkin pushing.

JBB
11-25-2003, 12:41 PM
I still dont know, is it St. Johns? ???

fight_on_sioux
11-26-2003, 05:06 AM
I still dont know, is it St. Johns? ???

Something like that. ;)