PDA

View Full Version : Who will be this year's National Champ?

Jav_Fan
11-19-2003, 07:16 PM
Prediction time!!!!!

Let's see who gets the closest. National Championship matchup and score. I'll go first.

Texas A&M-Kingsville 34 North Alabama 21. :D

(Get some revenge for '93 and '94!!!) ;)

Former_Hitman
11-19-2003, 08:53 PM
A few things I would like to see

1. UND loses to Pittsburg State!
2. Winona State loses by 50 points to Emporia State
3. I would like Pittsburg State or Emporia State to
win the National Championship

I would like to see a National Championship come put of the Midwest Region.

Other than that, I have no predictions.

Gosh, I love the Bison.

und4life
11-19-2003, 09:10 PM
i predict a und national championship this year. not only because im a und fan but i mean also everyone else that likes ndsu dont ya think thats its right to go for a team in the same state. *i do i sure hope that all the sore losers from ndsu hope that und can go all the way
---------
Edited by tony: You're right, JACKGUY, und4life sure sounds like SiouxRocks. Then again, all UND fans posting here are starting to sound alike. Although he does have a different IP address than siouxrocks, I've reviewed his posts and don't really care if he's not siouxrocks, he's banned anyway.

JACKGUY
11-19-2003, 09:42 PM
Gee I wonder who posted the last email?

Former_Hitman
11-19-2003, 09:58 PM
Sorry, UND person

I don't really care about the same state.

Bisonfan1234
11-19-2003, 10:26 PM
Looking realistically:

North Alabama 28 Saginaw Valley 17

fight_on_sioux
11-19-2003, 11:52 PM
I'm gonna go with North Alabama. They always have great athletes. And I think they'll beat Kingsville in the title game.

WYOBISONMAN
11-20-2003, 03:52 AM
I would probably put my money on North Alabama too.

bisonjay
11-20-2003, 03:53 AM
if one bison fan posts he is rooting for und, i would kick him right off this site. sioux suck

bisonjay
11-20-2003, 03:54 AM
North Alabama wins it all

imported_admin
11-20-2003, 04:44 AM
North Alabama, even if they don't win it all, has pulled a remarkable seven-game turn around from last year. NDSU going from 2-8 to 8-3 was "only" a 5-1/2 game improvement - of course, NDSU managed to play the champions of four different conferences (the NCC, SAC, Big Sky, and NSIC).

Now for the unpleasant stuff, BisonJay, I just checked your post hsstory and I'd kick you off the site long before a guy whose only "crime" is rooting for UND once the Bison have been eliminated. I'm giving you one more chance.

CRAP! I wish that I didn't have to be a babysitter.

bisonjay
11-20-2003, 05:16 AM
hey big bad tony, what would you kick me off for?? well, if you feel the need, go ahead. sorry for hating the sue

Bisonfan1234
11-20-2003, 05:17 AM
It was interesting to me to note that NDSU and North Alabama were the only teams to have 4 players on the all time D2 team (or some all time team...maybe all 1990's..can't remember now).

bisonjay
11-20-2003, 05:20 AM
where would one go to find the all d2 team

Bisonfan1234
11-20-2003, 03:46 PM
I might have seen it in the 2003 Bison Media Guide.

Jav_Fan
11-20-2003, 05:26 PM
It was interesting to me to note that NDSU and North Alabama were the only teams to have 4 players on the all time D2 team (or some all time team...maybe all 1990's..can't remember now).

Also interesting to note: *In the college Hall of Fame, Texas A&M-Kingsville leads all DII schools with four inductees (possibly more soon with Darrell Green becoming eligible with his retirement). *In the Divsion II hall of fame, the school with more than one member is again *A&M-Kingsville with two of the thirteen members.

And this from the AFCA web site.
AFCA Division II: Texas A&M-Kingsville has been represented a total of 26 times by 22 players on the AFCA Division II Coaches' All-America Team. Overall, the Javelinas have earned All-America honors 28 times, counting players selected in the AFCA's old College Division (1967-71). Trailing A&M-Kingsville's 26 Division II selections are Indiana (Pa.) (15 appearances/13 players, Northern Colorado (14/11) and California-Davis (13/12).

Combined Selections: Several schools have had players named to the Coaches’ All-America Team in more than one division. The above numbers reflect players chosen in the school’s current division.

Following is a combined division list of the schools with the most players chosen in AFCA Divisions I-AA, II, III and the old College Division.

All-Americans by School*
I-AA, Division II, Division III, AFCA College Division Combined
29: Texas A&M-Kingsville
25: Eastern Kentucky
23: Delaware
17: Grambling, Wittenberg
16: Lehigh, Youngstown State
15: Indiana (Pa.), Massachusetts, Montana, Portland State, South Carolina State
14: American International, Central (Iowa), Northern Colorado, Pittsburg State, Wisconsin-La Crosse
13: Augustana (Ill.), California-Davis, Furman, Georgia Southern, North Dakota State, Weber State *;)

mojobison
11-20-2003, 05:46 PM
TAMUK has had some unbelievable talent and more pros than most DI schools. NDSU is in some pretty good company with Georgia Southern.

tony
11-20-2003, 05:53 PM
TAMUK has four players on the DII Team of the Quarter Century, along with North Alabama and NDSU.

Jav_Fan
11-20-2003, 05:55 PM
I agree that NDSU has had some great talent. I think that the Bison's talent has been a little more evenly distributed across the team as whole, with little to no holes in the glory years. In the past, we've had some outstanding individuals, and some good but not great players whose weaknesses were exploited. One of the reasons I'm so excited this year is in looking at the roster, there are no sure bet pro prospects, but a group of talented players who have been working together. I think the keys to playoff success are Hang on to the football
Put pressure on the opponents QB, especially this week
Give our QB time to throw
No personal foul penaltiesWe do those things and I think we'll do all right.

Bisonfan1234
11-20-2003, 07:39 PM
TAMUK has four players on the DII Team of the Quarter Century, along with North Alabama and NDSU.

This was the team i saw in some guide.

whatthe
11-25-2003, 08:20 AM
Is North Alabama running a legit program? *Just wondering , the last time they had a nice run, they cheated their asses off and pulled some shit in the financial aid office that basically allowed them more scholarship money than Alabama and any other D1 school in the country.

89rabbit
11-25-2003, 04:09 PM
I think McNeese State is going to win the National Championship. *Now that the season is over for both of us, we are no longer D-II teams in football, we should be worried about what is going on in I-AA. *Just my opinion. * :)

Go SDSU!
Go NDSU!

D-I/I-AA all the way!

BisonMav
11-25-2003, 04:26 PM
I think McNeese State is going to win the National Championship. *Now that the season is over for both of us, we are no longer D-II teams in football, we should be worried about what is going on in I-AA. *Just my opinion. * :)

Go SDSU!
Go NDSU!

D-I/I-AA all the way!

I would like to see Montana. It would be hard to live with the Chickens winning from Delaware Bwak, Bwak.
McNeese would be the favorite.

Charger
11-25-2003, 04:32 PM
I'm hoping for a Gateway team to win it. They have four in the playoffs, so if one of them has a strong showing they could do it.

JBB
11-25-2003, 06:06 PM
Im pulling for the University of Montana or Montana State. It would be great to have a victory over the DI-AA national champs and it would be just as great to have the defending champs on the schedule. I hope we play Montana State. I would give them 2 at home for 1 in Fargo.

WYOBISONMAN
11-25-2003, 06:20 PM
I'll take either the Griz or the Cats, but I think the Griz have the most potential to win it all.

Bisonfan1234
11-25-2003, 07:39 PM
I like Southern IL

IowaBison
11-25-2003, 09:32 PM
It'll be Northern Iowa or Montana (unless Montana meets Montana State).

SDSUFAN
11-28-2003, 02:15 PM
i predict a und national championship this year. not only because im a und fan but i mean also everyone else that likes ndsu dont ya think thats its right to go for a team in the same state. *i do i sure hope that all the sore losers from ndsu hope that und can go all the way
---------
Edited by tony: You're right, JACKGUY, und4life sure sounds like SiouxRocks. Then again, all UND fans posting here are starting to sound alike. Although he does have a different IP address than siouxrocks, I've reviewed his posts and don't really care if he's not siouxrocks, he's banned anyway.

JACKGUY posts over on the SDSU board created by Tony for us, and he is no where near GF. *As best I can tell he is somewhere in Eastern Minnsota, might even be Twin Cities. *I dont know what he said, but UND seems to want take down any SDSU fan that has a point that does not set well with UND. Those fans have taken us for granted and get very upset if we say something compliementry about NDSU.

BTW, IMO, TAMUK has a very good chance of being the NC. Playing Portland State very close tells you that they do have depth, and they have rebuilt the program with good high school kids from Texas.

UNA is probably my second choice for NC if they can get by Carson Newman. CN with its 150 walkons should be good and apparently they are.

SDSUFAN
11-28-2003, 02:25 PM
Is North Alabama running a legit program? *Just wondering , the last time they had a nice run, they cheated their asses off and pulled some shit in the financial aid office that basically allowed them more scholarship money than Alabama and any other D1 school in the country.

Yes UNA is running a legit program, more so than some. I dont know how many times Jeff Whitten has explained that Snafu. The reason the program went south after 3 NC's is because Bobby Wallace left. Wallace was a tremendous coach at the D2 level. The one assistant who replaced Wallace was probably too old for the job (nearly or 65 plus)as he could not keep the momentum moving. The current coach has put them back on track. So yes I would say they are legit and got a good chance at the NC.

Bison_Jerky
11-28-2003, 02:35 PM
In all honesty, you have to like UND's chances. Winona will be a joke, hopefully, and North Alabama, well. They were saying that UND might be able to host the semi-final game because the title game is already in Florence and it would be unfair for North Alabama to have a semi-final and a final back to back at their home field. If UND hosts, that is a huge advantage.

Plus the guy on ESPNews picked UND all the way. You got to love it when the East Coast biased writers predict a midwest team, exception Oklahoma.

BisonMav
11-28-2003, 02:37 PM
Plus the guy on ESPNews picked UND all the way. You got to love it when the East Coast biased writers predict a midwest team, exception Oklahoma.

I thought the ESPN guy covered the NSIC *???

Bison_Jerky
11-28-2003, 04:38 PM
He went out on a limb I believe.

Dirty
11-28-2003, 05:36 PM
If UND and North Alabama win, North Alabama should host. While I'd love for UND to host, they shouldn't. It would be abosolutely ridculous if the Lions don't host because it would be an unfair advantage for them. UMMM DUH! It's called home field. North Alabama is the higher ranked team and therefore would have earned the home game. Didn't something like this happen to NDSU, when they had to go down south because the weather would give them an unfair advantage, even though they had earned the home field? Moronic. ::)

Bison_Jerky
11-28-2003, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't say it is fair to have North Alabama be the site of the Championship game. They have a huge unfair advantage if they do make it to the championship game.

Dirty
11-28-2003, 06:31 PM
Where should the NC game be though? At a Non DII field? It does seem a bit unfair for the NC game, but where would they play the game instead?

Bison_Jerky
11-28-2003, 06:53 PM
You would think they could find a stadium in Florida or Arizona or somewhere that would be perfect for this type of game. Make it like a bowl game that is in good weather. Anywhere that is a non-home site to any Div-II school.

JBB
11-29-2003, 12:31 AM
they found one in Chattanooga Tennessee

BisonInTexas
11-29-2003, 12:49 AM
You would think they could find a stadium in Florida or Arizona or somewhere that would be perfect for this type of game. Make it like a bowl game that is in good weather. Anywhere that is a non-home site to any Div-II school.

They had this prior to the Florence site - the Palm Bowl in McAllen, TX. Problem was, attendance was dismal. Florence, despite being kind of a dump of a town, does draw pretty well for the NC. Does anyone know how long the current contract with Florence is?

Craig

D
11-29-2003, 01:36 AM
They had this prior to the Florence site - the Palm Bowl in McAllen, TX. *Problem was, attendance was dismal. *Florence, *despite being kind of a dump of a town, does draw pretty well for the NC. *Does anyone know how long the current contract with Florence is?

Craig

According to the UNA website, the contract runs through 2003, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. As everyone knows they moved the D2 women's in 97 or 98 after the Sioux had the great advantage in Grand Forks. I almost felt like I owed something to the team they beat it was so unfair. Since then attendance has been terrible. It's a double-edged sword. What does 1AA do & how is their attendance?

JBB
11-29-2003, 01:57 PM
The game is played in Chattanooga Tennessee. Its the same as D2, they bid for it and won. I dont know how attendance has been but there are occasional threads about finding a better place. Of the cities mentioned Las Vegas gets a lot of attention but it seems unlikely. the criteria mentioned are easy flights in and out, things to do, lots of hotel rooms and a stadium thats not too big,.

WYOBISONMAN
11-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Actually the attendance in Florence has been pretty poor in recent years. The D2 people need to move it to a place that will draw better. But....then again....that is a D2 problem and doesn't have any bearing on Bison athletics... ;D