PDA

View Full Version : Sioux in the Title Fight.....

WYOBISONMAN
12-07-2003, 01:57 PM
You hate them, you hate thier fans, but those skanky dudes from up north have made it to the National Championship. I do have to congratulate the Sioux on a damn good game yesterday. There is no doubt that the Sioux have put it together this year when they needed to. Lennon and the Sioux have put together a run that this Bison fan thought was not possible. It also goes to show that the Bison were a very competative team, we were just not able to make a few key plays that UND was. Seeing how UND is playing I would have to pick them to take it all. And I always though Dale Lennon was just a buffoon.....(excuse me are those some black feathers around my mouth....I hate crow).

fight_on_sioux
12-07-2003, 09:59 PM
I think yesterday's game just proves the strength of the NCC and for that case the Midwest Region. Down south they throw up impressive numbers and have some great offenses, but they aren't that great on defense, and don't play a lot of good defenses. UND's defense isn't that good, but it was probably one of the best that UNA played all year. Should be an interesting title game though, these teams know each other well.

IowaBison
12-07-2003, 11:04 PM
Do you know anything about college football or your team, fight_on_sioux?

UND has had one of the best defenses in D2 since Lennon took over. While I think that the NCC is a quality conference, I think your victory was far more a show of UND's ability than UNA's lack of it.

Good luck in Florence.

fight_on_sioux
12-08-2003, 12:07 AM
Yes, in the past UND has had great defenses, but I don't think that this year's defense can be labeled as great, they're good, but not great. They gave up 29 points to Winona (who all you Bison fans classified as a bad team), 35 to Omaha, 31 to Mesa State, 28 to SCSU, and 23 to Newberry. They have improved each and every week, but I don't think they are the Sioux defense of 01.

IowaBison
12-08-2003, 12:29 AM
Agreed.

Haywood
12-08-2003, 01:58 PM
Good Luck in the National Championship!

Herd_Mentality
12-10-2003, 05:41 PM
Eh.... I'm with Grand Valley on this one. I think they are anxious to play the Sioux with their starting QB this time. Hopefully the NCAA won't decide to suspend their entire offense this week.

If any of you got a chance to see Curt Anes play...you know he would've shredded the Sioux a couple of years ago.

SiouxperMan
12-10-2003, 06:50 PM
Eh.... *I'm with Grand Valley on this one. *I think they are anxious to play the Sioux with their starting QB this time. *Hopefully the NCAA won't decide to suspend their entire offense this week.

If any of you got a chance to see Curt Anes play...you know he would've shredded the Sioux a couple of years ago.

Would've, could've, and should've seem to be the most popular words in a Bison fan's vocabulary.

IowaBison
12-10-2003, 06:53 PM
"King of the Trash Heap" is the ideal moniker for the U.

Herd_Mentality
12-10-2003, 08:00 PM
You deny that a healthy Curt Anes would've been the difference? Oh well... I'm glad that you weren't offended by my opinion. :-*

Bisonfan1
12-11-2003, 04:25 AM
Sorry SUE, LUCK runs out this Saturday, GVS will win with Defense, BLOCKED PUNT will be the differance in this one. No Sweet Home Alabama this year. Wish you were moving up with us, wont be the same without you, however see you in 1AA within 3 years !!!!

fight_on_sioux
12-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Just like their luck was going to run out against Northern Alabama? They were going to be a disgrace to the NCC and Midwest region!!!! I'll never count this team out. Win or lose, I'm proud of the team.

PS: If NDSU was in the championship game I would be rooting for them, just like I was against Montana.

Bisonfan1
12-11-2003, 05:53 AM
Hey I knew I would get a response here, and I respect your response. But like I have been scolded in the past, there is recruiting implications at stake, and if you look at that way you would not want the Bison to go further than the SUE, just as some of us do not want the SUE to advance further than the Bison, and I see no differance that the Bison are moving up a division as far as recruiting local talent is at stake. Do I want the "North Dakota Boys" to play a good game, heck yes, do I want to see the SUE as a team win - "NO" Sorry , but when a former Bison Lineman that wears a National Championship Ring, points out the fact I have mentioned and he is ten times bigger than me, I LISTEN. Dale Lennons a class act, I do wish you luck Saturday. Nothing Personal, will be on the GVS bandwagon Saturday. Remember this is Football, this is all in fun, Us Bison fans are not that bad. Lets make it all fun, but in the same time think of DRU, our troops in combat and everyone that makes the fact that we are all going to enjoy a darn good football game this Saturday possible.

fight_on_sioux
12-11-2003, 06:19 AM
Well put sir.