PDA

View Full Version : Next year

NDSU_grad
12-18-2003, 05:35 PM
Never too early to start talking about the next season. *
On offense we return the entire offensive line, QB, a receiver,and a part-time starter at TB. *I see Delabarre stepping into the starting slot at TE, Frank replacing Simmers at FB, Steffes of course starting at TB, and Travis White and Marques Johnson battling it out for other starting job at WR. *
On defense, who know. *SS is probably the biggest question mark. *I would expect Kittleson to start at LB, and if Brian Erenberg does not return for a sixth year Zimmerman should get the nod at the other OLB spot. *The MLB spot vacated by Josh Mock will probably be up for grabs. *The defensive line should be pretty good with the addition of the two juco transfers. *I would guess Ware has a DE spot sewn up, and Summerville will probably start as well. *Thompson, Snell, and Frick could battle it out for the DT spot. *Campbell will probably start at the other DE spot, with Frick getting time there also.
Does anybody know if there were some younger guys (including the redshirts) who didn't get to play much who will make alot of noise next year?

KTF
12-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Craig Dahl (redshirt pulled this year) saw some action at SS this year. One could presume that he would step up. What about Essler would they move him around?

Flintstone
12-18-2003, 06:00 PM
Cinque Chapman at tailback?

BisonMav
12-18-2003, 06:02 PM
Majeski will be a red-shirt Freshman next year at SS. Probably needs some experience. I think he made a recruiting visit to Nebraska when Bohl was there. Dahl did a good job at FS.

Bison_Kent
12-18-2003, 06:18 PM
There also are the other Chicago recruits that will all be freshmen (besides Chapman). There is Steve Walker (QB) who should backup Stauss. LBs Jason DePolo and Joe Mays. Also, Adrian Henry at DE. And maybe the best of the Chicago recruits in WR Mike Dragosavich.

NDSU_grad
12-18-2003, 07:54 PM
I was kind of wondering about Dragosavich. It will be nice to have a big WR who can catch that slant over the middle.

bisonjay
12-18-2003, 08:03 PM
i would like to see how much weight Dragosavich has put on, pretty thin for his size

NDSU_grad
12-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Cinque Chapman at tailback?
I do know Bohl almost pulled his redshirt when Steffes got hurt. But considering Rod Malone is playing in the Cactus Bowl, and Steffes was good enough as a freshman to share PT with him, I just can't see anybody taking his spot.
Does anybody know anything about guys like Matt Skoy, Tim Kramer, and Alex Kingsley. It sounds like they were pretty big name recruits out of high school (especially Kinglsey) so I would think they would start making an impact soon.

Bisonfan1234
12-18-2003, 09:59 PM
QB: Stauss and Walker may even be a 1-2 punch at QB although i don't know if Walker can do anything better than Stauss.

RB: Steffes would seem to be number 1 going in. Mark Moore, Terrence Flemming, Cinque Chapman, Alex Wiese, and Symeon Cabell will battle for spots. Also, does anyone know if Quitman Kyles (originally signed with NDSU) is going to transfer from Science?

FB: Frank seems number 1. MAYBE Tyler Rohel will be promoted, but i doubt it.

TE: We are lacking here. I know some of you think Delabarre is a lock for this and i do think he has good hands, however, he is very big and probably will be used mostly on short routes and for blocking. IMO we need another guy like Weiser who can run and catch. We have Derek Arndt and Ryan Anderson. Have no idea how good either of those guys are. Also have Casey Radtke and Brian Lanzy, no idea either. Perhaps the guy from Fargo South will have to step up and play, probably not.

WR: Johnson and Burrell are 2 obvious WR's. Travis White is also another guy going to be returning. Weist also could be a replacement for Belquist as well could be Tim Erickson. Donte Pettis is also sure to get some time.

OL:Could be the strong part of our offense. Zilka, Monson, Hunt, Sanders, and Popowski are all coming back. Not only that, but Buckwalter did a very good job in back-up.

DE: Ware is a returning player who did very good for the Bison in 2003. The new transfer Campbell will probably play right away, hopefully he is as good as Ware. Alex Kingsley and Brian Dahl could also compete for time. The 2 freshman Herry and Bechdol could also see time as well.

DT: Snell and Summerville return from 2003. Both are very good and will start for NDSU.

LB: Erenberg is obviously coming back or we would have seen him in the last game as an anouced senior ala Keyontay Jackson. So i would stick him @ middle along with Zimmerman and Kittleson at outside.

S: Essler and Dahl

C: Gorman and Babich

Bisonfan1234
12-18-2003, 10:00 PM
I do know Bohl almost pulled his redshirt when Steffes got hurt. *But considering Rod Malone is playing in the Cactus Bowl, and Steffes was good enough as a freshman to share PT with him, I just can't see anybody taking his spot.
Does anybody know anything about guys like Matt Skoy, Tim Kramer, and Alex Kingsley. *It sounds like they were pretty big name recruits out of high school (especially Kinglsey) so I would think they would start making an impact soon.

I heard Kramer is just wrestling now.

NDSU_grad
12-18-2003, 11:46 PM
Bison1234,
That was a pretty good breakdown. I didn't know Kramer was a wrestler. I think it'll be very interesting to see how the highly touted 2003 signing class performs next fall. I guess we already know Frick and Dahl are the real deal.

roadwarrior
12-18-2003, 11:54 PM
What about a punter to replace Bonicelli ?

KTF
12-19-2003, 01:12 AM
How about a kicker? Vartainian is good but it seems from only short distances though. IMO SU needs another Aaron Pederson.

Bisonfan1234
12-19-2003, 02:07 AM
I've only asked this about a million times now, does ANYONE know Quitman Kyles's plans for the future?!?!?!?!?!?!

somebison
12-19-2003, 02:45 AM
I've only asked this about a million times now, does ANYONE know Quitman Kyles's plans for the future?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://www.bobfromaccounting.com/bfastore/relaxtee.jpg

If anybody had heard anything they would have responded... I know some people at NDSCS and have heard nothing about his plans.

Bob_Holiday
12-20-2003, 02:30 PM
I obviously can't speak for Quitman Kyles, but if I were him and looked at the NDSU roster and seen Kyle Steffes, Cinque Chapman, Eric Miller, Mark Moore, Terrance Fleming, Symeon Cabell, Alex Wiest listed, why would I come to NDSU. *To take things a step further, *just judging by the few kickoff returns that Fleming had, I think he was under utilized last season and if he is used full time I think he will have a real impact. *Allen Burrell is a fine football player and a very good wide receiver but if you watch a lot of film on him returning kicks, you will see that he does a lot of tip toeing when he should be going hell bent for leather. *
*As far as Andy DelaBarre at tight end it would seem that the job is his until someone takes it away. *I think he is a good athlete and a very good tight end. *If you compare him to Mike Weiser at the same age, I think DelaBarre has the edge. *Please don't think I'm down on Mike Wieser because I think he is one of the most courageous young man around and his last year at NDSU was one to remember. *He, as well as many of the players under Babich, was underutilized and also many players talents were not recognized. *Mike Wieser was one of those, so the comparison between those two may not be completely fair. *The point is who else is there at least until they've had a chance to show their talents this spring.
*I can't see a tandem at quarterback, Stauss is the man. *Also a lot of you don't seem to realize that Justin Frick was a legitimate D1A class recruit out of Yankton, SD. *If he stays at NDSU he will have a real impact. *
*As the level of competition rises, speed at linebacker will become very important. *Brian Erenberg has a history of foot and leg injury problems and they may have cost him a step or two.
*Cory Vartanian is a more than adequate kicker. *He doesn't miss an extra point, he has kicked field goals beyond the 40 yard mark and if you pay attention to such things, every kickoff is high and inside the five yard line. *His problem with kicking beyond 40 or so yards is that he seems to try to kick it too hard and pulls the ball. *I would bet his last two years at NDSU will be excellent.

Go Bison,
Bob

wfduck
12-22-2003, 07:57 PM
TE:
anyword on Derek Arndt? Did he red-shirt as a TE after playing DE his freshman season?