PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Duluth Game

ndsubison
01-06-2004, 01:19 AM
I think it's great that UMD is scheduling SU next year. I read somewhere in this forum that UMD can opt out of this game if the (new) head coach wanted to but hopefully this won't happen and somehow I think Bubba Schweigert has the integrity not to do so. I believe it was JBB that stated earlier in this forum that it will be fun to schedule UMD, the final top 3 team from the NSIC to reinforce NCC dominance over NSIC. I concur. I have loosely followed UMD in the last 3 yrs and although they have fared well against bottom-tier NCC teams, I feel that they are no match for NDSU or any other upper level NCC team. Hopefully we can punch them in the mouth next year. Also, now that NDSU is no longer going to be playing und, I think that a new rivalry between UMD and und is in the works. They already have the hockey thing going with UMD reaping und's coaches as of late I think that's the direction it's going for their respective programs. Good for und: a rivalry with Duluth. I'll take Montana anyday. 8)