PDA

View Full Version : D2 Teams allowed to play one I-AA Team??

Bison_Kent
01-06-2004, 12:41 AM
WDAY reported that discussions have surfaced to allow a D2 team to play one I-AA team per year without it hurting their playoff standings.

Could this help in the NDSU - UND game? Probably not as this decision won't happen until April. That is too long to wait to be sure this is going to happen but it might help for a 2005 game.

Bisonguy
01-06-2004, 12:46 AM
This was already posted in the Smack Talk board-http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=smack;action=display;num=1073349621 a minute ago. *::) ;) ;D

It's somewhat of a shame, as the 2005 schedule might be full by that time.

ndsubison
01-06-2004, 01:00 AM
I don't understand where this is coming from. Does somebody from the SU or und admin have some inside pull in order to instate such a policy? I think it would be great but really, what gives?

ndsubison
01-06-2004, 01:02 AM
I almost forgot--even IF this were to happen, will und have the balls to play NDSU???????????????????????????????????

Somehow, I have my doubts.

Pansies.

Ricky1
01-06-2004, 01:24 AM
I almost forgot--even IF this were to happen, will und have the balls to play NDSU???????????????????????????????????

Somehow, I have my doubts.

Pansies.

Why would UND be scared to play the Bison? Anyone?

One reason? ::)

ndsubison
01-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Why would UND be scared to play the Bison? *Anyone?

One reason? *::)

I don't believe for one minute that the und fb team is afraid of the BISON because recent history contradicts that. und as an institution and as a community desperately wants to save face because they can't stand to lose to NDSU in any way, shape or form. It's not the players, it's the admin. That's how I see it.

BisonMav
01-06-2004, 01:30 AM
It is a long way off those high horses that K-man, RT, Lennon, Roebuck and Glas are on. They are afraid of getting out of the saddle.

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2004, 12:25 PM
I agree Bisonmav...the UND powers that be have staked out some stong positions on this and because they hate NDSU so much, the rivalry is dead. In the long run it will be to UND's detriment. All we have to do it look at thier gutless move with the BB schedule to see how UND operates. True lowlife action.

JBB
01-06-2004, 12:51 PM
This might make it possible for the BISON to schedule some great DII competition during the transition? Maybe we could get Valdosta or NWMSU? UNO is also a real possibility. It would be great to see Grand Valley State come in. They have been to Fargo once and they beat the BISON.

Herd_Mentality
01-06-2004, 03:20 PM
I can only paraphrase, but I did catch on the news last night that UND & NDSU are back to looking at scheduling a date for next year. It also mentioned that NDSU had solidified 6 games, but wanted 11. What are the 6?

airmail
01-06-2004, 04:28 PM
*It also mentioned that NDSU had solidified 6 games, but wanted 11. *What are the 6?

54 1/2% of a full schedule.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

WYOBISONMAN
01-06-2004, 05:22 PM
This schedule for next year is scaring me.... :-/

Herd_Mentality
01-06-2004, 07:09 PM
Well, I think UND/NDSU will indeed happen next year. The question now will be how soon it is before UND decides they don't want to play for the trophy.

Bisonguy
01-06-2004, 09:49 PM
I can only paraphrase, but I did catch on the news last night that UND & NDSU are back to looking at scheduling a date for next year. *It also mentioned that NDSU had solidified 6 games, but wanted 11. *What are the 6?

SDSU, UC-Davis, St. Mary's (the I-AA Cal. one), UNC are road games.

Cal-Poly and Minnesota-Duluth are home games.

Bisonfan1234
01-07-2004, 08:09 AM
I think we have mankato at the dome...also thought we had montana state.

JBB
01-07-2004, 05:35 PM
A change in this rule wont make any difference with und. They have certainly provided more than one reason for not competing with DI schools including NDSU. They dont want to play in any sport.

If this rule change is used for anything it will be to provide them with an excuse to play some other DI-AA football team besides NDSU. (Scheduling problems will be the culprit.) There will still be no BB games with DI including NDSU.

If they play NDSU they will have to be under tremendous pressure. Im not sure the publicity nightmare their decision not to compete has become is enough.

IowaBison
01-07-2004, 06:16 PM
You're right in my book JBB.

The Sioux are not going to be playing us in the near future.

I wouldn't be surprised that if they move DI, they would do their best to play us as little as possible. *"It's not fair for a new DI team to play an established one".

Note to Dale Lennon: *Leave Grand Forks NOW!