PDA

View Full Version : New Locker Rooms by August?

tony
01-14-2004, 03:46 PM
From the story in today's Forum:

Dome may fund locker rooms by Mary Jo Almquist (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=47981)

If NDSU is paying the equivalent of $2-3 million on locker rooms, they should end up with something pretty nice.

Bisonfan1234
01-14-2004, 05:29 PM
Looks like the fate of dacotah field is all but sealed.

wfduck
01-14-2004, 09:01 PM

yep...it's sad..but true

Bisonfan1234
01-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Sad? why?!?!?!?

That thing (can't really call it a field anymore) is such a pathetic eyesore. I hope they put in some more parking, they need it.

IowaBison
01-14-2004, 11:02 PM
Do you want to be banned Bison1234? What kind of fan are you?

Bisonfan1234
01-14-2004, 11:37 PM
Do you want to be banned Bison1234? *What kind of fan are you?

LOL, i suppose you have the power? Ha! It is only my opinion and no one can change it.

JBB
01-14-2004, 11:46 PM

You are what they would call a hanger on. ::) The fate of Dacotah field has been sealed for a dozen years. Now the high schools dont even use it. The stands are gone. The turf must be at least 8 yrs old. From a real estate perspective I do not believe that the site of the old Dacotah Field is being used to its highest and best use.

As a sports complex the only apparant use would be to enclose a significant part, if not all of the stands and a large area of the field with some kind of inexpensive fabric or shed materials and put a hockey rink in there. Let the architecture department deseign it.

wfduck
01-14-2004, 11:48 PM
Sad? why?!?!?!?

That thing (can't really call it a field anymore) is such a pathetic eyesore. I hope they put in some more parking, they need it.

Do you have a pair of the original Air Jordans? How about the your first baseball glove? Your dad's old war medals?

Throw them away while your at it.

SDSUFAN
01-15-2004, 02:07 AM
I think Bison1234 is a current student that questions all forms of tradition, like it has no purpose in his brave new world. I just cant wait to see how you react when you get your walking papers from your first job. Once you get into the real world and job market, you will find that companies have traditions and values and heaven help the smart young punk that spits on them. ;D :'(

I will remember Dakotah field as a place of envy especially when NDSU had NC Teams. Sitting amongst the Students, you did not dare to let them know you were from SDSU.

NDSU_grad
01-15-2004, 03:19 AM
I agree that the space right now is being wasted. I think they should start raising the funds to turn into an indoor practice facility. I wish they would spend the 1.5 million and renovate the current lockerroom. That would be a start, then maybe in the future add a football-only weight room, coaches suites, and finally enclose the old stadium.

roadwarrior
01-15-2004, 04:27 AM
The planned expansion of the BSA will take some of the real estate where Dacotah Field sits.

Bisonfan1234
01-15-2004, 05:07 AM
Do you have *a pair of the original Air Jordans? How about the your first baseball glove? Your dad's old war medals?

Throw them away while your at it.

Those things you listed go up in value. Dacotah field is actual in negative value...it's hurting the university to still use it. New recruits come and see the dome and wonder what the hell that dump is still doing there.

wfduck
01-15-2004, 09:21 PM
The memories of Dakotach will never be of the past 10 years

Bisonguy
01-20-2004, 04:12 AM
On the news tonight the NDSU/Fargodome locker rooms and offices was passed by the Fargodome building committee. There will be a final vote by the city commission in a couple weeks. Sounds like the Fargodome will pay for construction, NDSU will pay fair market value for rent, and NDSU will pay for upkeep of equipment and furniture.

Sounds like a great win/win for both sides. This should really help recruiting in the future.

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2004, 05:15 AM
~I think the time has come for the dakotafield to come down....it holds alot of tradition and memories, that will never be taken away, but I think were on to bigger and better things right now....surely they can find something a little more usefull with that space, its in a great location to be used for something more significant.....

somebison
01-27-2004, 07:31 AM
it appears new locker rooms won't be ready for 04

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=48904

JBB
01-27-2004, 12:46 PM
From the Forum Article:

At the same time, NDSU officials havn't said that they would still be 100 percent interested in locating the football program in the dome if they had to come up with the entire $1.5 million up front.

Could Dacotah Field be looking at a refurbish if the Dome Authority doesnt get its act together, or does it just mean NDSU wont locate its offices and locker rooms there?

Bisonguy
01-27-2004, 01:32 PM
Irv Inniger said on the KVLY news that there is a donor that would be willing to pay for the whole amount if needed.

I'm pretty sure this will happen, it's just a matter of who pays for it.

KC7
01-30-2004, 01:03 PM
Dacotah Field is just a shell of what it use to be. It would be probably better to use the space for something else. But history has a way of repeating itself. I see a lot of similarities between the Fargo Dome and the Metro Dome. What's going on with the Metro Dome? It's history, in a short time it will be gone. They(Twins, Vikes, Gophs) all want "out"(outside) so. Give it 10 years and no one will want the Bison inside any longer either.

Some of you need to stop bad mouthing the past and the tradition. If you had even a clue what it's like to be in the program you would cut out the rhetoric.

If it weren't for what success we had in the late 60's, 70's and especially the 80's we wouldn't even be talking about 90% of the new oppurtunities that the program has.

wfduck
01-30-2004, 01:05 PM
NDSU is all about TRADITION

JBB
01-30-2004, 01:46 PM
NDSU wont be outside until a tennant is found for the Fabulous Fargo Dome. If hockey comes, there is a chance that the FFD would be handed over to them and build a new football stadium. The Dacotah field site will never do and why leave the site vacant until that happens? I think NDSU is committed for the life of the building. I dont see any diminishing of tradition in the Fargo Dome.

runtheoption
01-30-2004, 02:43 PM
Hey JBB, How about the tradition of stringing together a few national championships or even a friggin home playoff game?

JBB
01-30-2004, 03:19 PM
I dont see how the Fargo Dome affects our winning? Last season for example. We had a chance to clinch a playoff spot in GF. We lost. We had another chance at SCSU (outside) and lost. I guess if we had beaten Cal Davis is Fargo we probably would have gone too, but losing twice on the road was our downfall, not the Fargo Dome.

We went down to Delta State*, played in horrible conditions, you know the ones that make football great, and lost.

A couple of years ago we went down to Mankato to clinch a playoff spot and lost, outside.

The year NWMSU beat CN in the 4 OT game we lost outside to UNC and it cost us a playoff spot.

The Fabulous Fargo Dome has nothing to do with our record. We just didnt get it done, usually on the road, with only a few losses ever in the Fabulous Fargo Dome. Its the winningest venue that NDSU has ever played in.

Bisonfan1234
01-30-2004, 05:41 PM
I heartily second that.

Where you play has nothing to do with your success. All this BS about having the cold-weather advantage is all make believe. The cold effects our players too. As a human you never get used to it. In fact, here in ND we stay inside almost all of the day because of the cold. So really we're used to 70 degrees. And 70 is the temp of the dome, so it is actually what we're used to.

WYOBISONMAN
01-30-2004, 06:59 PM
From looking at the weather reports from Fargo....this is probably not a good time to be discussing outdoor football.