PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota-Duluth

NDSU_grad
02-02-2004, 03:34 PM
This may turn into smack, but oh well. Somebody better tell Bubba that not only is Pitt State not in their region, but they apparently already have a full schedule for 2004. I wonder what excuse they will offer for not playing us now?http://www.pittstate.edu/athletics/football/schedule/

JBB
02-02-2004, 03:38 PM
They are a D2 school that doesnt need $30,000?

mojobison
02-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Minnesota Duluth will find somebody else who doesn't recruit the same area.

They need to avoid the ass-whipping NDSU would give because it would hurt their recruiting next year.

JBB
02-02-2004, 04:42 PM
I dont think UMD would draw very well. I just looked at last years attendance figures and the NSIC team, CSP, was the smallest crowd of the year at about 7,000. To pay those guys we would have to give up the first 3-4,000 tickets sold and cover all of our costs from the remainder. Do these guys have more than 11 scholies?

Bisonfan1234
02-02-2004, 05:14 PM
The reason CSP drew so badly was that the fans didn't care any more since we lost to SCSU.

If we played UMD for the first home game i'd say they would draw at least as well as Tusculum.

somebison
02-02-2004, 05:52 PM
The reason CSP drew so badly was that the fans didn't care any more since we lost to SCSU.

If we played UMD for the first home game i'd say they would draw at least as well as Tusculum.

I actually going to have to agree with 1234 on this one... the home opener is pretty much a guaranteed good draw every year... regardless of opponent

JBB
02-02-2004, 05:56 PM
I agree too, it makes sense, but Tusculum was far below the 15,000 + TAMUK always attracted. *If NDSU can get a home game with a DII contender it might break the ice and make transitional scheduling easier. *I also think it would draw well. *Of course with no playoffs for a couple of years we might not see the drop off as much because we have nothing to lose but the game?