PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Bison_Kent

tony
02-07-2004, 02:28 PM
This deserves its own topic.

I think Bison_Kent almost certainly, through his own initiative, found NDSU a game for next year - not only that, he found us a home against a quality DI-AA opponent, Northwestern State (LA) (http://www.bisonville.com/zt000563.html), a team that's been to the playoffs four of the last seven years.

89rabbit
02-07-2004, 02:38 PM
As I have said before, that is very impressive. *However I was looking at your link, and one thing takes away from this programs illustrious reputation. *At their home field . . .Astro Turf, not Field Turf. ::) ;) * Seriously that is awsome! *Congrats to Bison_Kent and to NDSU, you got a good one! *Are you going down to Louisiana next year?

BisonInTexas
02-07-2004, 03:10 PM
Great Job Kent! *I will definitely be heading down to the game in 2006. *It gives me a two whole years to earn my kitchen pass from my wife... *;D

Craig

P.S. *What is the deal with the 2000 season for the Demons? *Did they really only play 5 games that year?

Bison_Kent
02-07-2004, 03:16 PM
Hey, thanks for the accolades but I really don't think I got the game. All I did was asked their AD if he had considered scheduling NDSU this upcoming season. He told me that they did have an open date and would consider NDSU.

I think the return game is in 2006 so Bison_In_Texas, you might have two years to save up. I know I did a quick mapquest and it is about a 640 mile drive to Natchitoches for me from KS. So I will be there more then likely.

BisonInTexas
02-07-2004, 03:20 PM
Yes I noticed that the game was in 2006 and was editing my post as you were posting.

Mapquest says it is 283 miles for me, so it is definitely not a problem to get there for me.

Craig

Bison_Kent
02-07-2004, 03:31 PM
89Rabbit,

Just from the looks of their stadium, it looks like the old astroturf for NWern State's stadium.

Here is a link to their stadium pictures:

http://www.nsudemons.com/sports/football/facilities.asp

Bisonguy
02-07-2004, 03:32 PM
BK,

Have you tried contacting DII schools yet? ;D ;D

Two I-AA opponents in the dome is great. I was happy with just Cal Poly.

Bison_Kent
02-07-2004, 03:40 PM
I think I may have been wrong with the previous NSU stadium post. From the pictures from last year, it looks like they do have FieldTurf.

Here is a link: http://www.nsudemons.com/pages/garysGallery/galleryFootball03g03.asp

I haven't contacted any DII schools. I have been a little busy interviewing ADs from the Western schools for the i-aa.org column and working at my regular job. But it might not be a bad idea to e-mail those on the openings list on either the Football Scoop or AFAC sites.

tony
02-07-2004, 03:41 PM
I did some research (I couldn't believe a place in Louisiana would have turf). It sounds like it rains a lot down there and that might be the reason for the turf.

It is new though. When they played Oklahoma State back in 2001 one of the comments in the story was that Northwestern State "should enjoy is playing on a surface just like the new one at Turpin Stadium."

89rabbit
02-07-2004, 03:47 PM
You guys know I was kidding about the turf, right?

Bisonguy
02-07-2004, 03:56 PM
I think I may have been wrong with the previous NSU stadium post. *From the pictures from last year, it looks like they do have FieldTurf. *

Here is a link: http://www.nsudemons.com/pages/garysGallery/galleryFootball03g03.asp

I haven't contacted any DII schools. *I have been a little busy interviewing ADs from the Western schools for the i-aa.org column and working at my regular job. *But it might not be a bad idea to e-mail those on the openings list on either the Football Scoop or AFAC sites.

Have you sent out any emails for new offensive coordiantors? ;) ;D
Again, kudos Kent!

tony
02-07-2004, 04:01 PM
You guys know I was kidding about the turf, right?

Yeah but I was rechecking all my information. What are the odds I'd have the playing surface right after getting their name wrong?

Tuk
02-07-2004, 05:52 PM
Its people like Bison_Kent that will make NDSU a top school in DIAA football. *Great job!

Bisonfan1234
02-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Of course it's field turf....duh.

Who plays on that astro turf crap anymore!?! ... oh wait...

Dallas_Demon
02-07-2004, 11:48 PM
I think I may have been wrong with the previous NSU stadium post. *From the pictures from last year, it looks like they do have FieldTurf. *

You're correct, the turf is the latest and greatest. I think it is identical to what Nebraska has from what I have heard. It is an incredible surface to play on. The pictures on the link to the stadium (your earlier post) needs to be updated on the www.nsudemons.com web site.

ralph
02-08-2004, 08:17 AM
This should be a marquee game.

Herd_Mentality
02-09-2004, 03:14 PM
"Burns" does it again!

WYOBISONMAN
02-09-2004, 03:55 PM
I think that Taylor needs to offer BK an Assistant AD position......hell, he has my vote... ;D