PDA

View Full Version : O Coordinator

KTF
01-28-2004, 06:00 PM
Since I am no longer in Fargo, it is hard to follow The Herd except on this forum. Anybody heard any rumors or any info on who the new O-Coordinator might be?

Bisonguy
02-12-2004, 12:04 AM
There will be something on WDAY 6:00 tonight. I think Bohl has narrowed it down to a couple finalists, and one of the candidates is a current staff member ???.

Film at eleven (ten CST) ;D

Bisonguy
02-12-2004, 12:25 AM
What a crock!

No real news. >:(

Bohl is down to three candidates, one is currently on the staff(he shall remain nameless, I guess), and he hopes to have a new OC within two weeks.

NDSU_grad
02-12-2004, 12:26 AM
No names, just that coach is down to three finalists. The only one on the current staff I can think of that would be a candidate is Perles, as he's the guy with the most experience.

Bisonfan1234
02-12-2004, 12:33 AM
Yes Perles (IMO) would be a great o coordinator and could still work with the olineman. He has big time D1 experiance @ Michigan State.

Mussman @ UND has done this very well for them and obviously they've had good success.

The only thing we'd have to find would be a quarterbacks coach. Shouldn't be hard.

NDSU_grad
02-19-2004, 06:59 PM
This is from the forum: (Don't worry 1234, it's the free on-line version)

"One candidate was on campus Wednesday. Sources say he has Iowa State connections.

Offensive coordinator Steve Brickey was one of two Cyclone assistants let go by head coach Dan McCarney after Iowa State’s 2-9 season."

As a current ISU student, I am pleading with you coach Bohl do not hire Steve Brickey. I am sure he is a fine man but the Iowa State offense has been absolutely horrible the last two years. There must be better candidates out there.

KTF
02-20-2004, 12:47 AM
What was the average score that ISU had over the past two years? I must admit that I thought Enos did a nice job last year but I was expecting a more explosive offense, I felt like Enos choked the offense a little bit. Anybody else agree? Maybe the offense didn't have the personell but...I agree the o-coordinator should be somebody with a proven record of success.

IowaBison
02-20-2004, 01:13 AM
Diddo, NDSU_Grad,

The Cyclones were absolutely pathetic this year for a number reasons most notably the staff.

Bisonfan1234
02-20-2004, 01:59 AM
What was the average score that ISU had over the past two years? *I must admit that I thought Enos did a nice job last year but I was expecting a more explosive offense, I felt like Enos choked the offense a little bit. *Anybody else agree? *Maybe the offense didn't have the personell but...I agree the o-coordinator should be somebody with a proven record of success.

Perhaps Bohl was the one who was more conservative?

ISU didn't have a great year last year. But either 2 years or 3 years ago they had a great year with that really good qb.

I would gladly take any formor BCS O coordinator...obviously they are worth their pay.

NDSU_grad
02-20-2004, 02:26 AM
They were fantastic in 2001 when Seneca Wallace was a junior. *Brickey was not the OC that year. *2002 (Brickey's first year as OC) when Wallace was a senior they started out great and got progressively worse as the season wore on. *To me, that's a sign of poor coaching. *This past year they were completely horrible all season long. *Their only wins were at home against UNI by a touchdown and I think Ohio University.

Bisonfan1234
02-20-2004, 03:17 AM
Still... i have a hard time believing that a BCS school woul hire someone they they didn't feel could get the job done.

I think we should be glad to him.

IowaBison
02-20-2004, 07:14 PM
That's piss poor reasoning.

It be like hiring a Fortune 500 Vice President who got canned for doing a Sh44ty job, but 'hey' he worked for a Fortune 500 company.

Bisonfan1234
02-20-2004, 08:39 PM
You don't get hired to a BCS school (or a fortune 500 company) if you don't have the experience to get the job done.

There are other circumstances to this, obviously, and simply saying that it was 100% the coaches fault that the school didn't win is "piss poor reasoning".