PDA

View Full Version : Battlewagon In Car Show

Bisonfan1
01-24-2004, 07:00 AM
By accident in a big hurry I posted this in smack. The Bison Battle Wagon was accepted into the Jamestown Classic Car Club Winter Wheels Car show at the Jamestown Civic Center, Saturday, January 24 from 9AM-9PM. We set up today, and are under "trucks" The 22 ft flag pole is standing proud above all the vehicles in the main arena with double Bison Flags. When you walk in the door this is the biggest eye catcher. NDSU was kind enough to donate giveaway items which will be announced all show over the speakers. My brother and I will be working the floor in support of Bison Athletics/Teamakers. Vote for vehicle #142, stop and say hi. "Hope to Bring home a "Championship Trophy" For those of you who have not seen it, it is on the Bisoninsider site under "fan talk"

Bisonfan1
01-25-2004, 09:55 PM
TROPHY TIME !! The Bison Battlewagon won the 3rd place People's Choice Award Trophy. Considering all the nice vehicles there, we were very pleased with this award. There was even a contest broadcast from the Battlewagon. The first 10 people entering the inside of the bus got 1 dollar on the way out. NDSU was mentioned numerous times on the public address system with the giveaways provided by NDSU, we also handed out numerous Bison athletic posters/pens/ etc at the Battlewagon. Thanx to all that came and voted for the Battlewagon.

Bisonguy
01-25-2004, 11:08 PM
Congrats! ;D ;D ;D

Next year, Best in Show! ;)

tony
01-28-2004, 02:52 PM
Here are some pics of the Battlewagon:

http://www.bisonville.com/graphx/busfloor3X2.jpg

http://www.bisonville.com/graphx/busfloor2X2.jpg

Bisonguy
01-29-2004, 01:49 AM
I like the new chrome wheels, but how about some wheels a little bigger once the weather gets nicer?

How about the wheels off this? *;D ;D ;D

http://www.myweb.cableone.net/dehoff/mycar.jpg

You could call it the Bison Bling Bling Battlewagon!!!! ;)

BisonBryce
03-02-2004, 03:06 AM
hey BisonFan1,

I was wondering if you could give a hand here. I have a green 93 ford ranger that could use a little makeover.

You know of any stenciling or even people that would paint some bison logos and what not on my ranger? I have zero knowledge on vehicle painting but seeing the bw on here and other vehicles like that RV in grand forks got me pondering doing some of that on my old truck.

I haven't seen the battlewagon in person yet but hopefully I will get the chance.

I'd like to be prepared with my vehicle when tailgating becomes available. :)

Congrats on 3rd place!

Thanks for any help.

Bisonfan1
03-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Be glad to give you all the info you need to make a Bison Mobile, we need alot more at the games. Price determines how nice you want things, ex - base coat/clear coat paint vs enamel paint / multi color decals vs 1 or 2 color decals. How much masking tape you want to invest in, example really wasnt that much more $ to paint on the flames etc just alot of time and masking tape. If your vehicle is allready green, it would not take much to tape off and paint some yellow stripes on the existing green, or have a graphics shop put some vinyl stripping on it. I have a bunch of information too lengthy to go on here, You or anyone else can communicate with me further on this subject at bisonfan1@hotmail.com. Prior to injuries I used to do alot of paint work and depending where you live, can steer you to paint shops/graphics people etc. around the state. Or if I get pictures of certain vehicles can provide some input of what can be done to them. Certain examples would be if you own a pickup, get a topper and have done up to put on your vehicle during football season, paint up a pick-up box trailer (my first battlewagon) to tow to the games and haul your stuff, paint a kids wagon to haul your stuff from your trunk to your buddies tailgate area, how about a Bison Bicycle, can ride from the tailgate area and chain to the fence by the smoking area to save some shoe leather, magnetic graphics to throw on your vehicle on game day. Lots of options out there. Also for a flag stand, , I simply welded a base tube to a flat sheet of heavy metal, , I just drive the rear wheels of the bus on it, slide the entire flag pole in it and I have a free standing flag pole. I would also be glad to call anyone (after 8 PM on unlimited night minutes) to provide information. I know ive had a lot of fun with the Battle Wagons over the years and would love to see more creations every year hit the lots.

BisonBryce
03-03-2004, 05:14 PM
you should ask the bisonville guy to setup a web page dedicated to the battlewagons.

complete with pictures and maybe the "how to"

:)

ps..thanks again for the info