PDA

View Full Version : What's the state's take on Bohl???????

maverick
03-03-2004, 02:45 AM
Bison Fan,

* * * * * *I am curious what NDSU people think of Craig Bohl after one full year with the program. I thought he got a bad rap at Nebraska even though I thought a change was needed. He always seemed like a great guy. Some of the husker faithful think he lacked the fire to be a D-coordinator. Bo Pelini did take basically the same players and appeared to do a much better job with them. Have you seen an improvement in the Defense since he has been there. Is Jimmy Burrow doing a good job with the Defense as well. His son was one tough cookie at linebacker. He just lacked the foot speed to make it to the next level. I am glad to see many of the ex-husker coaches landing on their feet elsewhere. I do feel that they let recruiting slide at Nebrasks except for Albin. Maybe they will do better at
1-AA.

I am telling you Bison, Albin is a steal. There were some big 4 and 5 star running backs that he had great relationships with at Nebraska. They almost came to Nebraska because of him. I fear you may lose him in a few years because he is head coach material. The guy is that good. He has a passion that you will not believe. I will miss seeing you in Omaha this year so we could kick your butt. How interesting would it be to see NDSU come to Lincoln with much of the old staff. Could happen, We play Western Illinois first game.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Maverick
* * * * * * * * * * * * *UNO will now rule the NCC

Bisonguy
03-03-2004, 03:07 AM
I think the real reason for the Husker decline was Solich. If the offense is always going three and out, your defense will get worn down.

Anyhow, speaking for myself, I think Bohl has done a great job in one year. He made a great recovery from the 2-8 season he was left with. He also seems to be able to bring in good coaches, and actually lets them do their job, instead of watching over their shoulders. Bohl seems to have a better complete understanding of the game than Babich did.

Burrow seems to be doing a very good job with the defense. It should be interesting to see what he will do when he actually gets a full 11 guys that were recruited for the 4-3 defense.

tony
03-03-2004, 03:09 AM
The defense was much tougher up front. They gave up 15 ppg this year, 29 points per game the year before so that's quite an improvement. For a good example of how much they improved against rushing offenses, they really should have shut UN-O out this year but gave up a 4th quarter TD. In 2002, the Bison gave up 49.

The biggest improvement was on offense though - the team, including the coaching staff, seemed to believe in the system more. Then again, what the heck do I know?

According to WDAY's Steve Hallstrom, another ex-Husker coach might end up in Fargo coaching defensive line, Nelson Barnes. Reggie Moore (http://gohuskies.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/moore_reggie00.html) was interviewed for the receivers coach position.

Bisonguy
03-03-2004, 03:22 AM
More on the NDSU/Nebraska connection, look who's on Callahan's staff in Nebraska-

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=2&SPID=22&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATC LID=31345

Granted he was only a leading candidate for the head coaching spot, but it's still kinda weird.

somebison
03-03-2004, 03:38 AM
Hey maverick got this date filled
Posted: 11-12-03
University of Nebraska at Omaha
Open Date
2004: 10/2
Looking for Division II opponent (Home or Away) or Division I-AA with guarantee.
Phone: 402-554-3881
E-mail: agalbraith@mail.unomaha.edu

http://www.afca.com/lev2.cfm/317

If not NDSU is open on 10/2 would love to see the Mavs back in Fargo again

maverick
03-03-2004, 04:23 AM
I will tell you Bison fans that I have never been that impressed with Nelson Barnes. He might do a fine job at NDSU. He seems very quiet and I never heard much from him when it came to recruiting. He is black so he may help in bringing minority athletes to Fargo which I think will be one of your challenges. Now Albin is a different story. Guys a stud. Good luck! UNO mavericks Rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick

bisongold
03-03-2004, 04:42 AM
I have nothing but good things to say about Bohl!! What a turnaround year...what a classy guy! We are very fortunate to have his leadership in these choppy times that may be ahead.

JBB
03-03-2004, 12:23 PM
I think coach Bohl has done a great job. He has the biggest win since the voctory over Grambling in 1965. Its too bad he didnt get into the playoffs. I think he would have won the NC.

wfduck
03-03-2004, 02:58 PM
you cant argue with the teams success on the field. aside from a few minor altercations with the law (DUI) his players are keeping negative stuff off the headlines.

isnt that what we want? a winning team on the field and a respectable program?

who can argue with that?

WYOBISONMAN
03-03-2004, 04:28 PM
The turn about from the Babich era was huge. I am thrilled with Bohl and the job he has done. I hope we have him for a few years.

KC7
03-04-2004, 02:47 PM
Bohl has done a great job. I was a little nervous that Casey Bradley didn't get the job, but was glad that he stayed on with the new staff. Who can argue with the turn around from 2-8. Hope he sticks it out for a while the Bison need another good season (wins/losses) to reaffirm the pride and tradition.