PDA

View Full Version : Need  info on former Coack Mark Mauer

admtiger
02-17-2004, 04:25 PM
I have read on football scoop that Mark Mauer is in the running for the Condoria St Paul job. My son is considering signing on there as a QB. Could anyone tell me what kind of offense to expect or send me some stats from when he was an OC at NDSU.

Thanks
John

JBB
02-17-2004, 04:40 PM
We had the best passing attack in school history under Mauer. After he left the same players never did as well again. I dont have stats, but go to the NCC site and look them up. They are archived.

DB_Crew
02-17-2004, 05:50 PM
Mauer is a very solid offensive mind. Was a quarterback at Nebraska and understands the running game/option, but has developed a good, consistent passing game that he displayed at SU. He definitely likes to open things up.

The Mauer family is huge in MN. He comes from a long line of blue-collar talented athletes. The most recent of which is Joe Mauer who was the #1 pick of the MN Twins out of highschool a few years back.

By the way, he should have played defense because he is one of the toughest guys you will ever meet.

I played for him and know him personally and would say

DB_Crew
02-17-2004, 05:52 PM
finishing my previous message..

If your son has a chance to play for Mark I would recommend it.

tony
02-17-2004, 07:21 PM
He did a really nice job at NDSU. He mixed a fair bit of option in, maybe because it suited the personnel that NDSU had. The passing game was pretty effective under him too.

KC7
02-19-2004, 01:26 PM
When I met the new staff (post Rocky) he was the one guy that stood out as truly genuine. He was a great asset to that staff and things really fell apart(offensively) without him.

Trainer
02-19-2004, 04:47 PM
Wouldn't Mark Mauer look pretty good as the Bison offensive coordinator right now...... * ;)

Former_Hitman
02-20-2004, 09:24 PM
Mauer is a very solid offensive mind. Was a quarterback at Nebraska and understands the running game/option, but has developed a good, consistent passing game that he displayed at SU. He definitely likes to open things up.

The Mauer family is huge in MN. He comes from a long line of blue-collar talented athletes. The most recent of which is Joe Mauer who was the #1 pick of the MN Twins out of highschool a few years back.

By the way, he should have played defense because he is one of the toughest guys you will ever meet.

I played for him and know him personally and would say

Just want to liberate on DB_Crew's comments. I had the luxury playing for Mauer, also.

Excellent mind for offensive along with the defensively. As he's favorite defensive player, I should know.

Also, he's an excellent player/coach, someone you can b/s with. I would recommend playing for Mauer

admtiger
02-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the input but word out of St Paul is coach Mauer has taken his name out of the hat.

admtiger
03-02-2004, 03:03 AM
Word out of St Paul this weekend is that Condordia kept after Coach Mauer and got him signed. I wish everyone would make up their minds so we can decide on a school.

mustangfan
03-03-2004, 02:04 AM
admtiger,

this is a selfish plug from an SMSU fan,
I would suggest SW Minnesota State. New coach Eric Eidsness needs QBs. Great young new coach, lots of good things so far.

admtiger
03-03-2004, 04:16 PM
We have visited there and Truman St, so right now it is down to those two.

mustangfan
03-05-2004, 03:39 AM
Meaning SMSU or Truman State?

Great to hear if that's true