PDA

View Full Version : New DL coach

Bisonfan1234
03-03-2004, 08:18 PM
The forum said the front runner is yet another ex-big red coach: Nelson Barnes.

Is NDSU going to be UN's dumping ground for coaches or what?

BisonMav
03-03-2004, 08:22 PM
The forum said the front runner is yet another ex-big red coach: Nelson Barnes.

Is NDSU going to be UN's dumping ground for coaches or what?

UN's land of opportunity for coaches. ;D

KTF
03-03-2004, 08:32 PM
Bisonfan 1234 are you concerned? Is getting UN formers a bad thing?

maverick
03-04-2004, 01:58 AM
Bison,

Getting Huskers is never a bad thing. We got 5 national champoinships to back it up. I will be interested what you think of Barnes after one year. Do you have any other African Americans on you football staff?

Maverick

Bisonguy
03-04-2004, 02:07 AM
Bison,

* * * * Getting Huskers is never a bad thing. We got 5 national champoinships to back it up. I will be interested what you think of Barnes after one year. Do you have any other African Americans on you football staff?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Maverick

Van Malone was the WR coach last year.

maverick
03-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Bison,

For what its worth, Nelson Barnes came from University of Texas before he was a husker. Tom Osborne actually brought him over. He was at Texas three years before the huskers. Played at North Texas under Hayden Fry. His recruting responsibility was Houston Louisana and other parts of the Southeast. I honestly can remember him bringing in any big time recruits. Coached Grant Wistrom, Mike Rucker, and Chad Kelsay.

Maverick

Bisonfan1234
03-04-2004, 03:41 AM
Maverick...you might be suprised to know what Grant's brother Tracy Wistrom is also on the NDSU staff as the TE's coach.

Bisonguy
03-04-2004, 03:51 AM
Maverick...you might be suprised to know what Grant's brother Tracy Wistrom is also on the NDSU staff as the TE's coach.

You might want to change the 'is' to 'was' :-/ Wistrom isn't listed on coaching staff anymore-http://www.gobison.com/mens/football/coaches/

maverick
03-04-2004, 04:16 AM
Bisonfan1234

Thanks for the info. When Tracey was a freshman there were alot of people who felt he might have a better pro career than Grant. He was that good.
I think he lacked the foot speed to make it to the next level. He seemed like he had great character while he was here. I am sure he is doing a great job. Bison fan, I do think that your football program is ready to take the next step up. The coaching staff you have assembled is good enough to take you to the next level. (I maybe a little Husker biased) It all depends on recruiting the skilled positions. You will be able to get lineman from around you area. But as we found out in Huskerland you need to broaden your scope to get the athletes.
SDSU you on the other hand are ready foranother level.
That would be the NAIA level. Your football program sucks. Your football stadium is not as good as some of our high school fields in Omaha. You have very little if any D1 coaching experience at all. Too bad St. Mary's dropped football that was maybe your only D1 win.
Augustana 25 SDSU 21. Mavericks would kick you all over the field like we have 7 out of the last nine years.

Maverick

Bisonfan1234
03-04-2004, 04:35 AM
You might want to change the 'is' to 'was' *:-/ Wistrom isn't listed on coaching staff anymore-http://www.gobison.com/mens/football/coaches/

Hmm...that is weird. I haven't heard anything that says he will leave.

Usually graduate degrees take at least 2 years. So it would make sense for him to stay here for another year and finish whatever degree he was working on.

Bisonguy
03-04-2004, 04:38 AM
His picture was listed on the coaches page last year. I thought there was another grad assistant last year on the page, as well (worked with the O line?).

Bison_Fanatic_95
03-07-2004, 04:56 PM
Does anyone know if Nelson Barnes got the DL coaching job, or if Reggie Moore got the WR's coaching job? Haven't heard much lately... maybe coach Bohl is still interviewing others.