PDA

View Full Version : St. Mary's Recruit coming to NDSU?

tony
04-02-2004, 03:09 PM
Monterey Herald: Second School is a Charm by John Devine (http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/sports/8338476.htm)

Some nice factual errors in the article (NDSU made the playoffs and averaged 16k a game last year).

Bisonfan1234
04-02-2004, 03:11 PM
And they claim we're moving from D1AA to D1 in 2 years.

NDSU_grad
04-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Factual errors in our favor are OK. :) *

You really have to feel for the players at St. Mary's. *Hopefully the rest of their recruits will find a chance to play somewhere as well.

Trainer
04-02-2004, 03:12 PM
Thanks Tony for the link.... I had a tip yesterday about this kid but couldn't confirm it.... Great news as offensive line depth is definitely needed....

NDSU_grad
04-02-2004, 03:13 PM
Trainer, good point. Do you think there's a chance the kid will not redshirt?

Trainer
04-02-2004, 03:21 PM
If injuries continue to pile up along the offensive line... who knows. If Monson can make it back before the season or shortly after the season starts and Mark Sanders can get his back squared away, I don't believe anyone of this year's offensive line recruits will have their redshirt lifted... especially if last year's OL recruits make good progress during spring drills.

tony
04-02-2004, 03:38 PM
Been meaning to mention this, but I've been very happy with NDSU's "leaner and meaner" approach to the offensive line. I'm hoping that it will help keep the guys healthier, both during and after their college years. It seems like injuries and lack of depth have plagued NDSU's offensive line since Hager left.

Of course, I'm probably full of crap on this one.

Trainer
04-02-2004, 03:46 PM
Tony, I think you hit the nail on the head..... Part of the reasoning behind a 'leaner and meaner' offensive line is that it not only adds to the OL quickness but should, over time, reduce injuries. Personally, I've added about 20 pounds since college and my knees and back have noticed....

More Blake Anderson info...

Blake Anderson (OL, 6-5, 300, Salinas, CA) was a two-year letter winner at Palma High School at left tackle. Anderson, who also played baseball and wrestled at Palma HS, was voted the team's Most Valuable Offensive Lineman and helped his team to a Division I Central Coast Section Championship in 2003.

Bisonfan1234
04-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Is he a 2004 HS graduate or what?

IE is he a recruit that basically switched his NLI from St Mary's to NDSU?

Schemer
04-02-2004, 06:06 PM
So is this guy a transfer? I know what the rules are for transferring down (from I-AA to II) - you don't have to sit out a year......

Does a school have to be considered "D-II" at time of transfer or when the kid starts playing 'ball in the fall?

Trainer
04-02-2004, 06:11 PM
Anderson will graduate from high school this May.... he was released from his letter of intent to play for St. Mary's when the Gaels dropped football. No transfer, no penalties.....

NDSU_grad
04-02-2004, 06:49 PM
So is this guy a transfer? *I know what the rules are for transferring down (from I-AA to II) - you don't have to sit out a year......

Does a school have to be considered "D-II" at time of transfer or when the kid starts playing 'ball in the fall?

You can also transfer from DI to DI-AA without sitting out a year. NC Delaware had a d-lineman that played for Duke in 2002, for exammple.

Bisonfan1234
04-03-2004, 12:37 AM
Why wouldn't he want to play for Duke i wonder?

Although, they did beat GA Tech.