PDA

View Full Version : Bad News

D
12-22-2003, 02:04 AM
I learned a bit ago that one of NDSU's 2 JC lineman from last year has left school, either Ware or Sumemrville (sounded like the latter). *It isn't a rumor, this info came from someone who I would say carries the utmost credability. *I was hoping that one of you guys could elaborate.

NDSU_grad
12-22-2003, 02:20 AM
That's too bad if it's true. There's always a risk when you recruit juco's. I would much rather it be Summerville than Ware, as Summerville seemed to fade as the year went on. Also, with the two new jucos we've got and Frick in the middle we can handle the loss of an interior lineman a little better than one of the guys on the edge.

Bisonguy
12-22-2003, 02:21 AM
If true, I'm sure it will be on the WDAY or FOX news tonight.

Bisonguy
12-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Bechdol will also be around next year.

I don't think Summerville faded as the year went on, it's just that Ware got his cast off his hand.

D
12-22-2003, 02:27 AM
If true, I'm sure it will be on the WDAY or FOX news tonight.

I doubt it. From what I could understand, which ever one left did so with his intentions known and has been gone for at least 5 days and most likely more.

Bisonguy
12-22-2003, 02:39 AM
Interesting, WDAY is usually all over roster moves. They even reported Brennan(?) leaving UND before anybody else (WDAZ included) reported it.

There's always risk involved with JUCO's.

somebison
12-22-2003, 04:46 PM
I learned a bit ago that one of NDSU's 2 JC lineman from last year has left school, either Ware or Sumemrville (sounded like the latter). *It isn't a rumor, this info came from someone who I would say carries the utmost credability. *I was hoping that one of you guys could elaborate.

During Last Thurs 10 pm WDAY telecast (the one were they stated that SU had fb games with Poly and SDSU signed), Hallstrom stated that Coach Bohl had said that No Coaches or Players had announced any intentions of leaving. Hopefully nothing has changed.. depth on the D-line is always a good thing to have.

Bisonfan1234
12-22-2003, 11:45 PM
Ware or Summerville leaving? No, you're mistaken.

However, i think that Willie Byrd and Frank Irby probably left because they didn't get any PT.

Bisonguy
12-23-2003, 02:37 AM
Irby was gone a couple weeks into the season. Anybody remember the florida HS coaches on here? ;D ;D

UNDvince97-01
12-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Did you guys really lose Dwight Sommerville? That, in my mind would be a huge loss. He was a good player for you guys. That guy was a monster on the field. Is there any confirmation to this?

D
12-23-2003, 08:28 PM
Did you guys really lose Dwight Sommerville? *That, in my mind would be a huge loss. *He was a good player for you guys. *That guy was a monster on the field. *Is there any confirmation to this?

UNDvince,

This was told to me by someone who is credible, would know, and "investigates" it, so you can probably figure out who. I suspect it won't officially come out for a while.

Bisonfan1234
12-23-2003, 08:56 PM
So first you wern't sure if it was Ware or Summerville but now you know for sure it was Summerville.

I heard a rumor that Digger Anderson is fed up with the hockey school and all it's BS and is transfering to NDSU.

That's a huge loss man.

D
12-23-2003, 09:41 PM
So first you wern't sure if it was Ware or Summerville but now you know for sure it was Summerville.

I heard a rumor that Digger Anderson is fed up with the hockey school and all it's BS and is transfering to NDSU.

That's a huge loss man.

I never said for sure it was Summerville, try reading for once. Think what you want, you have absolutely no credibility with all of your wishful thinking. I said to give it time.

Bisonguy
12-23-2003, 10:14 PM
If either Summerville or Ware do leave, the addition of Thompson and Campbell will help ease the loss.

Still, it is rather strange that Bohl went on record saying that all players and coaches were retained for next year. ??? When Irby left this year, it was in the news right away, along with those that left before spring ball.

KTF
12-23-2003, 10:45 PM
I say D is just trying to pull our chain, after all he is a UND fan!! I don't buy it, if they did leave, Bohl would have said something.

D
12-23-2003, 10:55 PM
I say D is just trying to pull our chain, after all he is a UND fan!! *I don't buy it, if they did leave, Bohl would have said something.

It is not a lie or an attempt to get under anyones skin. *I haven't BS'd on Bisonville yet. *Like I said, give it some time. *The person who told me is incredibly reliable and in the know. *You don't blame you if you don't think it's true, but give it a while. *When people leave near the semester break it often takes some time to get into the media, patience.

Bisonfan1234
12-24-2003, 12:59 AM
It is not a lie or an attempt to get under anyones skin. *I haven't BS'd on Bisonville yet. *Like I said, give it some time. *The person who told me is incredibly reliable and in the know. *You don't blame you if you don't think it's true, but give it a while. *When people leave near the semester break it often takes some time to get into the media, patience.

What does your source do for a living? How could he/she possibly have a connection with the football program?

D
12-24-2003, 01:11 AM
What does your source do for a living? How could he/she possibly have a connection with the football program?

You talk like it the NDSU football program is some type exclusive secret club. Well, then my source knows the secret handshake to get in the door and past the 4 bouncers. Anyway, I guess I know some members of the media quite well. Just because somthing isn't in the news doesn't mean it hasn't happened. Give it Time.

Herd_Mentality
12-24-2003, 03:01 PM
What, you know Ed Schultz? Like that bloated, liberal waste of skin knows anything... His bloated head on all the billboards in the valley do nothing but cause accidents.

WYOBISONMAN
12-24-2003, 03:30 PM
I have actually found "D" to be a good poster who is pretty reasonable in his commentary....

somebison
12-24-2003, 03:48 PM
I just heard summerville is probably leaving too :-/ for whatever reason.. he doesn't like it here

Herd_Mentality
12-24-2003, 04:31 PM
Hey...I'm always looking for a reason to trash Big Red. Everybody should. ;D

KTF
12-24-2003, 05:16 PM
Myabe it is too cold up here or something for Summerville ???. I wish he would stay with the program, he is a great player! I guess maybe D is not pulling our chain, but the question remains if D has such good contacts with Bison Athletics/Media, why is D a sue fan!?!

D
12-24-2003, 06:27 PM
I just heard summerville is probably leaving too :-/ *for whatever reason.. he doesn't like it here

Just curious, was it from a reliable source? I would just like to show that I didn't/wouldn't make something like that up. Thanks.

Bisonfan1234
12-24-2003, 06:53 PM
I guaranty that Summerville is still here. Whatever your source thinks he knows is irrelevent. If he isn't connected to the team, it's BS.

Somebison, you heard a rumor. Rest easy, Summerville is still with us.

TC.Bison
12-24-2003, 08:30 PM
Sweeney for mayor? You've got to be kidding.

"I'll shave my head if we beat Montana" Grant Sweeney

At least he followed through with it.

somebison
12-28-2003, 10:35 PM
Just curious, was it from a reliable source? *I would just like to show that I didn't/wouldn't make something like that up. *Thanks.

I heard it through from some current players.. they said they was a high probability that he was leaving.. hopefully he doesn't :-/.. but i wouldn't be shocked if he did

Herd_Mentality
12-29-2003, 04:47 PM
At least he didn't follow it up with something really out there like "I'll buy a purple minivan if we find a conference". ::)

wfduck
12-29-2003, 05:14 PM
must be kind of like the mosquito lady in Fargo then. i want to leave...but i dont want to leave.

if he's not happy here by all means go.

in the immortal words of Sting "if you love someone set them free"

somebison
01-14-2004, 09:27 PM
summerville was in the BSA today so hopefully he changed his mind :D

Bisonfan1234
01-14-2004, 09:29 PM
summerville was in the BSA today so hopefully he changed his mind *:D

I knew it....no truth to the UND properganda.

TC.Bison
01-15-2004, 02:11 AM
I resent the shot about the purple minivan. For the record, it's blue.

BisonMav
04-16-2004, 03:00 PM
summerville was in the BSA today so hopefully he changed his mind *:D

Dwight Summerville is on one of the Bison Trading cards to be given away at the Spring Game.