PDA

View Full Version : Spring football

NDSU_grad
03-26-2004, 03:35 PM
Pretty good article by Kolpack today. Alot different than last year when so many starting positions were up in the air. I didn't know Dragosivich was a punter.
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=54582

tony
03-26-2004, 09:01 PM
That's a great article.

Bisonguy
03-26-2004, 09:25 PM
I was looking forward to seeing Dragosavich as a WR. He showed a lot of talent in a couple of scrimmages I saw last year. His height should be good for an extra couple tenths of hangtime ;D. There better be a short snap, fade route to Dragosavich, fake punt in the playbook >:(

tony
03-26-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I agree, Dragosavich would be great to see at WR. Here's what I got from the article:

1. Oops, I thought punter extraordinaire, John Bonicelli, was a junior. Looks like he graduated.
2, The good thing about Dragosavich being a punter is that NDSU will be able to travel with an extra WR.
3. Way to go, Jayd Kittelson... former walk-on, now a secure starter.
4. A lot of RBs signed in 2003, I wonder if one of them has switched positions or left the team (Eric Miller).
5. Sounds like both Travis Ware and Dwight Summerville are back. NDSU should be very solid at D- line. Like to see some of the guys they didn't mention at the spring game.
6. Great to read that Kyle Steffes is back to health, and Erickson is recovered enough to play in spring ball - hopefully fully recovered.
7. The number of injuries at offensive line is worrying (JD Trainer, BisonInsider.com, was all over that before this article though).
8. I can't wait for the spring game...

Bisonguy
03-27-2004, 08:03 AM
Guess this isn't exactly breaking news, but this is from Dragosavich's bio from the EDGY TIM writeup about NDSU last year-http://edgytim.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=161764

WR Mike Dragosavich Oak Lawn Richards 6'5" 190lbs Mike Dragosavich is an excellent possession receiver who impressed during the 2002 season. Dragoavich was the main target for the Oak Lawn Richards passing attack in 2002. Dragosavich caught 51 passes for 1,109 yards with 16 touchdowns and averaged an amazing 21 yards per catch in 2002. Dragosavich also was a very effective punter for the Bulldogs in 2002 as well!

bisondad
03-29-2004, 01:21 AM
Anybody been watching the practices so far? If so, any reports on what you've seen? I live too far away to attend, but I'm anxious to hear how things are going.

Bisondad

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2004, 02:30 AM
~I heard on Bisonfeedback, Jack Michaels was saying the team is exceptionally fast and they should be exciting and fun to watch next year...alot of speed...Im stoked and cant wait....

Bison_Fanatic_95
03-31-2004, 03:16 AM
Silk...I heard that too last night on Prime Time Sports, sounds like there will be lots of speed at many positions. Also, Justin White mentioned when talking to coach Bohl that DT Rodney Thompson the JUCO from NDSCS will be one to watch during spring practice, sounds like he has all the tools to make a big impact on the D-line.

silkamilkamonico
03-31-2004, 10:28 PM
~they also mentioned a quarterback that the coaching staff is extremely high on...they said he will be a freshman (must be a redshirt) and he could even see playing team this fall....Im curious on who it is and wanna kind of a style he brings.....

Bisonguy
03-31-2004, 11:25 PM
The QB they were talking about is Steve Walker. He red-shirted last year and is from Lockport, Il.

Here's his recap from Bison Insider:

Offensive Player of the Year Steve Walker (6'1 - 190 lbs.) has committed to North Dakota State. The Lockport quarterback chose the Bisons over an offer from Eastern Illinois and late interest from Wyoming... Walker becomes the fourth Chicago Area prospect to commit ot the Bisons in 2003. He led the Porters to it's first ever Class 8A state title in 2002 with 3,981 yards passing and 33 touchdowns.... (1/27/03)

JBB
04-01-2004, 01:44 AM
Id love to see Wyoming on the schedule.

FargoBison
04-02-2004, 06:38 AM
Does anyone know what happened to Mark Sanders' back? Looks like a solid o-lineman is down? :-/

Trainer
04-02-2004, 03:07 PM
I'm not quite sure how Sanders hurt his back, but I know he hasn't been able to lift weights for the better part of the winter. I've been told by a couple of players that his back problems appear to be chronic.... Let's hope not, because we are pretty short on experience at offensive guard.

Bisonguy
04-03-2004, 12:13 AM
Kind of a sidebar, but does anyone know why NDSU schedules the Spring Game during the NFL draft? I think they actually could have a really good turn out if it wasn't during the draft? I know a lot of people that would go if it wasn't during the draft.

BisonMav
04-03-2004, 01:28 PM
Great to here Steffes is recovered. *Looks like Jeff Kolpack has been busy.

Steffes is back on his feet: Last seasons injury spurs Bison running back for more
(http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=55241)

http://www.in-forum.com/images/photos/thumbnails/0403Steffes.jpg

BisonMav
04-03-2004, 01:45 PM
IMO the Spring game should become a major event in the Spring for Bison football, now that the Bison are I-AA. It would be great to have 10,000 people show up instead of 1500 like last year. The game is free, parking is free. Great way to show support for the team and have a family day out, and contribute to a charitable cause. From what I have heard, the Outback Steakhouse donates the money from the dinner to Make a Wish Foundation. With the silent auction, kids games, free giveaways and the memorabilia show, I think attendence will be up. The events will be starting in the late morning, I heard.

bisononce
04-03-2004, 04:39 PM
BisonMav, Excellent! Now, we've got to get those who can to take some action. As you probably know, Gene Taylor is a "promotions incorporated" kind of guy and would be on board for this kind of thing. Anybody have a hint on whether he may occasionally lurk on this board? BisonMav - send him an email.

Bisonguy
04-03-2004, 04:42 PM
Exactly. Hopefully they can promote it and get a good turnout. Moving away from the NFL draft still wouldn't hurt. :-/ If they could get everyone from Playmakers watching the draft to show up to the dome, it would double attendance. Showing the draft on the Fargodome videoboards during the Spring Game came up on PTS last week. I don't agree with it, but I bet there would be 10,000 there if they did.

BisonMav
04-03-2004, 07:32 PM
BisonMav, Excellent! Now, we've got to get those who can to take some action. As you probably know, Gene Taylor is a "promotions incorporated" kind of guy and would be on board for this kind of thing. Anybody have a hint on whether he may occasionally lurk on this board? BisonMav - send him an email.
These are the events that I heard are planned, now the next step is to get the people in the door. If this year is a success, then I assume more could be added next year.

wfduck
04-04-2004, 06:53 PM
Heard Gene on 550 Sports Saturday. They are takin' the Bison to western ND this spring. Multiple stops in Bis, Dickins, Williston, Stanley, Minot etc....

sounds like a great idea

Bisonguy
04-04-2004, 07:39 PM
Heard Gene on 550 Sports Saturday. They are takin' the Bison to western ND this spring. Multiple stops in Bis, Dickins, Williston, Stanley, Minot etc....

sounds like a great idea]

Here's the official story and the dates and times-Bison Coaches Caravan to Visit Six North Dakota Towns Beginning April 13 (http://www.gobison.com/news/index.cgi?id=1093)

Bison_Dan
04-05-2004, 12:45 PM
Anyone see the scrimmage on Sunday? :-* :-*

tony
04-05-2004, 01:54 PM
I didn't go to the scrimmage, but the Forum did.

Fargo Forum: QB Walker impresses coaches
By Jeff Kolpack (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=55321)

Bison_Dan
04-05-2004, 04:14 PM
All great defenses start with a good D-Line and it looks like we have one. The last great D-line was in 90 with Mr. Hason. ;D ;D ;D

Schemer
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
.....and Hansen ;D

Bison_Dan
04-05-2004, 09:32 PM
Sorry I misspelled Hansen. :-X

Bisonguy
04-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Cinque Chapman was impressive in the first scrimmage according to one of the local news last night. No suprise, Bohl was reluctantly talking him up last year. It doesn't sound like he'll be taking over Steffes' spot, but it should be a good 1-2 punch.

Bisonfan1234
04-05-2004, 10:58 PM
Assuming they both stay healthy.

Bisonguy
04-06-2004, 04:38 AM
Tim Albin had a couple quick interviews on the WDAY news tonight (6:00 and 10:00 each was different, towards the end of sports if you watch via the WDAY website). Not a whole lot of info- Albin is big on fundamentals and we supposedly will see a few more vertical routes.

http://www.wday.com/

Bisonguy
04-07-2004, 04:41 AM
Small feature about JUCO DL transfers Rodney Thompson and Cory Campbell on the WDAY 10:00 news tonight. -
Here's the link- click on 10:00 news to watch::)

These guys look like they're going to contribute, and it looks like the DL should be very solid. If Summerville and Thompson line up together, it's gonna spell trouble in the middle for the opposition. ;D

Bisonfan1234
04-07-2004, 02:58 PM
And Snell is is solid as well.

somebison
04-07-2004, 05:39 PM
Forum article about the boys from illinois

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=55442

Bisonguy
04-10-2004, 04:12 PM
The Forum article about Mark Sanders condition:

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=55658&section=Sportsp

BisonMav
04-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Here is a paragraph from BisonInsider from last years Spring Game.

The annual 1 p.m. spring football game on April 26 will be billed as the Outback Steakhouse Charity Bowl. A pre-game luncheon at 11 a.m will include a report by Bohl. The cost is $10 and proceeds will go to the MS Society. Tickets should be picked up in advance at the NDSU ticket office. The game is free to the public at the Fargodome.... (04/18/03)
With the addition of the Charity Auction, Sports Collectables show, kids games, giveaways, there should be lots to do on April 24th at the Dome.

met1990
04-15-2004, 01:46 AM
I'm not sure if this has been posted yet but it was e-mailed to me.

Saturday, April 24th
Bison Football Spring Game
1:00 PM Fargodome
Free Admission

Outback Steakhouse Charity Luncheon 11:00 AM
$15 per person to benefit Make a Wish
Menu Includes:* Bloomin Onions, Caesar Salad, Ribs, Chicken, Baked Potato,
and Raspberry Cheesecake
For more information or tickets call 231-NDSU or 280-WISH

Doors Open at 10:00 am
Memorabilia Show
Silent Auction
Kids Games and Prizes
Tubs of Fun Backyard Fun Sale
Meet and Greet former NDSU Bison and Buffalo Bill Phil Hansen
A Live Remote and Prizes with The Eagle 106.9
Free Bison Senior Trading Cards

Silent Auction Items include
$500 Northwest Airlines Voucher
Rounds of Golf at the Fargo Country Club, Oxbow, and Wildflower
Randy Moss Autographed Picture
Tickets to Events and much more

Bisonguy
04-16-2004, 12:31 AM
Feature on frosh ILB Joe Mays on the WDAY 6:00 sports- http://www.wday.com/

5' 10" 250 lbs. and supposedly one of the fastest LB's on the team. He should be one to watch. Mays is pushing Kole Zimmerman for the starting spot. *

Bisonguy
04-16-2004, 12:54 AM
met1990,

Was that a TeamMakers email? Last thing I received was about Albin being hired on 3/3/04.

It doesn't seem like the Spring Game is being promoted very well. >:( Other than a few brief mentions on WDAY, that's all I've seen or heard of it. I think it would be a great way to get some people introduced to Bison football and possibly get some more season ticket holders for the regular season.

BisonMav
04-16-2004, 01:46 AM
There is an ad in the Sunday and Wednesday Forums about the Sports Collectables show.

Phil Hansen will be there signing autographs. Not sure on the time.

Also 1500 Bison Trading cards will be given away. The 21, 2004 Seniors will be featured, along with coaches, Logos and the Fargodome card, for a total of 27 in the set. There may also be a Phil Hansen card given away at the sports collectables show.

tony
04-16-2004, 08:30 PM
Feature on frosh ILB Joe Mays on the WDAY 6:00 sports- http://www.wday.com/

5' 10" 250 lbs. and supposedly one of the fastest LB's on the team. He should be one to watch. Mays is pushing Kole Zimmerman for the starting spot. *

This should work out very well for NDSU. Mays is getting a lot of reps and I'd expect that both of them will get plenty of playing time next year.

met1990
04-16-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey Bisonguy,
That e-mail was forwarded to me from a friend attending NDSU. It was through the Bison Brigade listserv.

I agree. I haven't heard much about the Bison spring game this year.

I wonder if UND will charge $27.50 for theirs.

Bisonguy
04-16-2004, 10:43 PM
Finally heard a radio ad for the Spring Game on WDAY today. :o

Hopefully there's a good turnout.

roadwarrior
04-16-2004, 10:50 PM
Although it does not count in my string of games, I am driving from Minneapolis for the spring game.

BisonMav
04-17-2004, 01:00 AM
BisonInsider links to the Spring Game events. Also a sample of the trading cards.

BisonInsider (http://www.bisoninsider.com/)

http://bisonrule.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/tradingcards.gif

JBB
04-19-2004, 01:49 PM
The article in todays forum on Chapamn is exciting. Too bad his leg was hurting last season. You cant help but wonder if he would have been the difference against SCSU? The 2-back running attack has worked well for NDSU in the past few years.

Bison_Dan
04-19-2004, 02:33 PM
I glad he didn't have his red shirt lifted. We now have him for 4 years instead of 3 years and 2 games. I can't wait for Saturday to come and see him run. I'm also looking forward to seeing May and Walker. ;D ;D

Bison7925
04-19-2004, 05:45 PM
Speaking of the game on Saturday, what is the tailgating situation ???
This would be an excellent opportunity to do a dry run of the new ordinance ;D
Feedback please ???

Bison_Dan
04-19-2004, 06:29 PM
I don't think that's it has passed into law yet. :P

Bisonguy
04-19-2004, 10:39 PM
The ordinance still needs to be worked on.

Why not enjoy a delicious meal provided by Outback Steakhouse, where the proceeds go to charity? Great food, charitable donation, some pep talks from the coaches and AD, chance to talk to some parents and get the inside scoop on the team. ;D ;D

bisonman
04-20-2004, 01:51 AM
I was at the spring scrimmage yesterday, and I noticed that buckwalter was on the sideline working the chains with a cast on his leg. Does anyone have info on his injury? This could be a big blow to the offensive line!

Trainer
04-20-2004, 03:27 AM
He dislocated his knee. No ligament damage. He will miss the Spring game but should be fine in a few weeks.

Bisonguy
04-20-2004, 03:35 AM
Hopefully the O line is healthy by August. Monson, Tadisch, and Sanders need to recover, as well.

FargoBison
04-20-2004, 03:39 AM
All of those guys are good players, but I believe that Sanders is the one we need to be most worried about. He has been one of the most consistant and physical O-lineman we have and we need him back for the season. Not to mention going on his 3rd season as a starter.

Bisonguy
04-21-2004, 04:36 AM
Short feature on the 10 o'clock WDAY news tonight where they have Bohl mic'd up during practice in the Fargodome. Worthwhile viewing if you want some insight to Bohl's coaching style- also looks like Stauss might be able to air it out some *;D
Link=

(about 25:00 in)

silkamilkamonico
04-25-2004, 01:44 AM
~anyone attend the spring game? how was it? what are some things to look forward to and some things they might need to work on for next year?

roadwarrior
04-25-2004, 02:04 AM
Cinque Chapman had the crowd in a buzz every time he carried the ball. He has explosive speed. What a combo he and Steffes will be in the backfield.

Walker looked pretty good as backup QB, going 9 for 12 in passing. But it was another freshman QB, Nick Jackson, that had the biggest play of the day - an 83 yard touchdown pass to 6'5" WR Mike Dragosavich.

Only 126 days till kickoff :D